Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Lorelei

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Post by Lorelei »

rgrad80 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:44 pm
So I followed this thread since day one and jumped on the chance to get one from one of my favorite retailers. A week later the Caly jr showed up and I was very excited to open the Spyderco box. The Japanese paper it was wrapped in was such a cool bonus...and quite frankly my favorite part about the whole knife. I get why people love the knife and want to own it as a user or collection piece, but for me it just didn’t strike a cord.
I didn’t want to just sell it, because I remember the time it took to stalk the retailers to get one, and I didn’t want it to go to a flipper...I know I know super cheesy but it’s who I am.
I’m a member of a FB Spyderco fan page and a kid was looking for this Caly Jr sprint run. He had owned one in the past and he was super excited and hopeful to find one and I just found my Huckleberry! That’s exactly who I wanted the knife to go to:)
So I sold the kid the knife for what I paid for it and I can’t wait to ship it off to him, mostly because I know how excited he must be to have the knife coming in the mail.
Nice!
s00noma

Post by s00noma »

rgrad80 wrote:
So I followed this thread since day one and jumped on the chance to get one from one of my favorite retailers. A week later the Caly jr showed up and I was very excited to open the Spyderco box. The Japanese paper it was wrapped in was such a cool bonus...and quite frankly my favorite part about the whole knife. I get why people love the knife and want to own it as a user or collection piece, but for me it just didn’t strike a cord.
I didn’t want to just sell it, because I remember the time it took to stalk the retailers to get one, and I didn’t want it to go to a flipper...I know I know super cheesy but it’s who I am.
I’m a member of a FB Spyderco fan page and a kid was looking for this Caly Jr sprint run. He had owned one in the past and he was super excited and hopeful to find one and I just found my Huckleberry! That’s exactly who I wanted the knife to go to:)
So I sold the kid the knife for what I paid for it and I can’t wait to ship it off to him, mostly because I know how excited he must be to have the knife coming in the mail.
Not all heroes wear capes...
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

Just trying to payback kindness people have shown me on this forum. :)
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
talesk

Post by talesk »

Robbob wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:09 am
talesk wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:28 pm
In stock in Canada.

https://www.warriorsandwonders.com/Spyd ... oming_Soon
130 flapjacks is 99 in real money. And that's before shipping. Better than BBS, though.
Canadian (Monopoly) money. 78 usd is 101 cad. They passed on import to the customer too.. Nice shop. They is where b the 130 comes from.

I still got one as all the USA shops sell out in 90 seconds due to all the ebay scalpers and Facebook flippers.
Haves: Hungarian x5, Firefly x2, Orange Dragonfly 2, Orange Delica 4, Blue Delica 4, Orange Endura 4, Sliverax, Blurple Manix 2 s110v, Burnt Orange Meerkat hap40/sus410, spy dk orange, Pingo orange, Military Fluted Titanium, Lil sub-hilt, para 3 Rex45, friction folder, cricket, techno v1 xhp, spydiechef, slysz bowie, paysan, nirvana, subvert, ikuchi, smock, shaman (4v), shaman (cruwear), drunken, Caribbean (pe sheep)
Wants: parata, kapara
In the mail:
vilePossum

Post by vilePossum »

Got mine today and sadly it does absolutely nothing for me... Just doesn't work well with my hand... Would rather take a delica in super blue... *sad panda*
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

rgrad80 wrote:
Calypso Jr was the first knife that got me into knives ages ago (grey 2006ish Sprint)
Hope it's the same for him
s00noma

Post by s00noma »

Huge shout-out to a very generous user on this board that reached out to me after seeing my troubles in obtaining this knife and offering it at cost+shipping. It was an awesome welcome gift to the forum. Thank you again!
fixall

Post by fixall »

I'm getting ready to post my backup for sale at cost over at BladeForums... Hoping to get it to someone who will appreciate it and not flip it. I wish this forum had a selling section.
UserNameBill

Post by UserNameBill »

Received my First Spyderco knife today. I thought the Calypso Jr. with super blue would be a good place to start my introduction to the Spyderco family of knives. I do have a Spyderco Sharpmaker that I often use on my other EDC knives. The Calypso is knife number 15 and is good company with several other well made and popular brands.

I got into EDC knives from needing to sharpen my kitchen cutlery... I have several nice Naniwa water stones plus some small Jnats ... a Edgepro with a set of Shapton stones... the Sharpmaker ... Two Lansky turn boxes ( I wanted all 3 rods )... a Ken Onion Work Sharp with the blade grinding attachment.

I got all my kitchen knives sharp... and then I started reading knife forums.

So here I am with my First Spyderco and my first post here.

Obviously I enjoy sharpening my knives. I figure a man is only as sharp as the knife he carries.
Dull men carry Dull knives. A Man is only as sharp as his Knife.
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

In stock at Knives Plus if anyone missed out on this one.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

By the way, has anyone here had their OSO Grande pre-order fulfilled yet?

I placed a pre-order with them awhile back but haven't heard anything.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
s00noma

Post by s00noma »

Just got the notification from GPKnives: https://www.gpknives.com/spyderco-calyp ... fpgye.html
PineChaos

Post by PineChaos »

BladeHQ
mugwump867

Post by mugwump867 »

Thanks for the heads up that these are back in stock at some places. I traded mine a few weeks ago and immediately regretted it. Glad to have another on the way.
Joey

Post by Joey »

3 left at BHQ for those looking!
illacky

Post by illacky »

Joey wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:11 pm
3 left at BHQ for those looking!
Thank you! Managed to snag one!
-Ivan
Joey

Post by Joey »

You got it, illacky
PineChaos wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:36 pm
BladeHQ
And thank you Pine Chaos for helping me as well!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

The fun begins!

20181012_194300-1632x1224.jpg

I'm going to take it down to about 10 dps and see what I get. :)
Have to stop now, but I'll be back in the morning...
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

Just got a shipping notice from hand tools .com :)

J
Last edited by jezabel on Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK