Manbug G10

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RobDigi

Manbug G10

Post by RobDigi »

Any idea what the discontinued Manbug G10 should go for on the secondary market now?
I saw one on ebay once for $135 thought that was a little high...is it?
Been looking ...just don't see them around.
Lost mine it was just about perfect...very solid, capable and classy looking!!
Sharp Guy

Re: Manbug G10

Post by Sharp Guy »

I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay that much for one but that's probably a fair price considering they're not available anymore.

The Manbug G10 is the only knife (I can think of) that I regret not picking up when they went on clearance after being discontinued.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I love the G10 Manbug. It is my favorite of the series. However, that price is way too much, as far as I am concerned.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Awesome knife, I was able to score one used when they were fairly common. I wouldn’t pay over $85 for one but that is just my opinion. As we always say n the knife community it is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay. I have way overpaid for spydercos that I couldn’t live without. So it is a personal preference. I’ve seen the g10 jesters go for $150 so it doesn’t surprise me that the g10 Manbugs are getting up there too....good luck with your search! I would keep an eye on the forums, sometimes you can catch guys that are just being polite and passing it on for what they paid, or they don’t know what they have and list it really cheap lol.
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

RobDigi wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:51 pm
Any idea what the discontinued Manbug G10 should go for on the secondary market now?
I saw one on ebay once for $135 thought that was a little high...is it?
Been looking ...just don't see them around.
Lost mine it was just about perfect...very solid, capable and classy looking!!
It's a sellers market. If you want one, you have to pay the going rate, be it $100, $135, $150, or whatever.

It's not like others where heaps come up for sale so you have a choice.

You can't want a rarely for sale discontinued item AND want to pay bottom $, the world doesn't work like that.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

The knife was not nearly as popular as the other Manbugs, I don't believe. Therefore, if you do a little searching, you might find one at a knife shop for the regular price.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
RobDigi

Post by RobDigi »

Never understood why this knife wasn't more in demand the FRN version is great but if you like that you should love the g10.
The g10 with bolsters version had a little added weight gives it a very nice heft but by no means heavy...
felt like an expensive well made knife.

I would like to see one with the bolsters and a good looking wood, bone or fossil ivory.
Premium steel would be nice...but I have no problem with vg10 great all around steel for a small knife!
triangle_man

Post by triangle_man »

I picked up G10 Manbug w/ bolsters in May of this year from American Edge Knives for $80. Of course, they're gone now... I hate seeing prices go up that quick, but as they say, a thing is only worth what people are willing to pay for it.