Looking for a blade for my Miltary Knivfe

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bmorey83

Looking for a blade for my Miltary Knivfe

Post by bmorey83 »

I didn't see any post up by anyone, maybe I overlooked it also but I'm looking for a blade for my 1st Gen. Military Knife. I have used my so much its been wore down and I don't want to spend the money to buy a new one. Anyone have any Idea's?
TazKristi

Re: Looking for a blade for my Miltary Knivfe

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, bmorey83:
Welcome to our forum. I've moved your thread into our General Discussion area.

We don't offer replacement blades so perhaps it's time to retire your Military Model. It sounds as if it's served you well throughout its lifetime.

We hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
allhatnocattle

Post by allhatnocattle »

Theres are sale and trade sections on Blade Forum, but one of the more knowledgeable folks could probably talk you through a blade swap on your knife if you can find a suitable donor.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

We should like to see any pics you have of it and maybe show why you think it's met it's maker lol
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

I would like to see pictures and know how it was worn down. I have bought 2 Militaries recently and did not pay full price for either. One was second hand and the other a close out. Shop around you could find a replacement if you have some patience.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

With how much development and CQI the Military has received over the years I don't think I would trust a simple blade swap from a newer model.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:41 pm
With how much development and CQI the Military has received over the years I don't think I would trust a simple blade swap from a newer model.
This. The early models had slightly thicker blades, so even a blade that isn't from the newest generation might not fit. The newest ones are a no go.