New 20CV Para 2!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: New 20CV Para 2!!!

Post by steelcity16 »

allhatnocattle wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:51 pm
timlara wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:52 pm

DLT told me that's why they are afraid to do a Shaman exclusive - it would surely go over $200 with upgraded materials.
I saw where the folks at ST.nicks had said the same thing about a shaman exclusive. Its not going to be a mom and pop shop exclusive. I’d say your looking at BladeHQ or Knifeworks for an exclusive shaman. they seem (at least to me) the only companies willing to risk capital on more than one exclusive at a time.
timlara wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:55 pm
Yup, I think that's a safe bet. Or an in-house sprint from Spyderco, which is probably the most likely. Fingers crossed.

A few months ago I believe Sal said that he though there was one dealer exclusive in the works and Spyderco was also "considering" (not nessessarily approved) sprints of Cruwear with Micarta scales and S90V with Carbon Fiber scales. Which of these we see first is anyone's guess. I think the St Nick's Red/DLC 4V would do better a DLT Tan/20CV based on 4V being a a better match for the Shaman in most people's minds and just the better looks overall. A Rex45 Sprint would probably be a good bet as well given how quick the PM2 and Para 3 sold.

If a dealer really wanted to go for the glory they should do a Shaman exclusive in V4E or CPM-3V. That would entice a lot of buyers for the new steel alone. And these steels would be a good fit for the stouter blade and reputation as a "tough" folding knife. I think either of these with DLC or a nice stonewash (preferably half of the run in each finish) and a good color G10 scale (dark brown?) and these would fly off the shelves. A LOT of people want 3V and V4E and 4V folders in beefier models like this.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
timlara

Post by timlara »

Totally agree, that's kind of where I'm at with the Shaman currently - I'm waiting for an "excuse" to pick one up, and a new steel would be a great excuse.
Tim
Sushimoto

Post by Sushimoto »

Yes, thanks again to Jordan, Hammer, Paul, and Jason. You guy's knocked it out man. Twenty - three minute sell out. I'm sure you guy's will be doing more Spyderco exclusives. Hey, congratulations guy's, I had fun and am sure everybody else here on the forums did as well. Have a great day.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

They certainly went fast.
DLT is a darn good outfit imo.
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:27 pm
allhatnocattle wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:51 pm
timlara wrote:

DLT told me that's why they are afraid to do a Shaman exclusive - it would surely go over $200 with upgraded materials.
I saw where the folks at ST.nicks had said the same thing about a shaman exclusive. Its not going to be a mom and pop shop exclusive. I’d say your looking at BladeHQ or Knifeworks for an exclusive shaman. they seem (at least to me) the only companies willing to risk capital on more than one exclusive at a time.
timlara wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:55 pm
Yup, I think that's a safe bet. Or an in-house sprint from Spyderco, which is probably the most likely. Fingers crossed.

A few months ago I believe Sal said that he though there was one dealer exclusive in the works and Spyderco was also "considering" (not nessessarily approved) sprints of Cruwear with Micarta scales and S90V with Carbon Fiber scales. Which of these we see first is anyone's guess. I think the St Nick's Red/DLC 4V would do better a DLT Tan/20CV based on 4V being a a better match for the Shaman in most people's minds and just the better looks overall. A Rex45 Sprint would probably be a good bet as well given how quick the PM2 and Para 3 sold.

If a dealer really wanted to go for the glory they should do a Shaman exclusive in V4E or CPM-3V. That would entice a lot of buyers for the new steel alone. And these steels would be a good fit for the stouter blade and reputation as a "tough" folding knife. I think either of these with DLC or a nice stonewash (preferably half of the run in each finish) and a good color G10 scale (dark brown?) and these would fly off the shelves. A LOT of people want 3V and V4E and 4V folders in beefier models like this.
+1 on all of the above.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

jalcon wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:23 pm
dodgie02 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:18 pm
Any good man who bought 2 and selling at retail cost of who is willing to help a fellow addict out? My paycheck won't arrive till next month the second or third and by then they'll be all gone likely :(

Bought a vtoku2 delica to easy the pain. For now :p
Bro these were gone by 12:24 PM :D
Hahaha, yeah leave it up to me to get this stuff sorted out properly :p that actually made me feel better. Better to never had a shot at all kinda thing. Next time I'm pulling a 100m ethernet cable to my laptop and refresh every 5 min at work and home :p

Ah well ill pretend this para never happened and the vtoku2 delica is all people talk about :p
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

Just to show you how awesome DLT is they just CALLED me to tell me my order was shipping tomorrow. No lie.
ekastanis

Post by ekastanis »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:22 pm
Thanks EK!
No sweat Tom! I've found my self a couple times in (and thankfully quickly out of :eek: ) a position where afterwards I figured I owed you one.

Eric
MadmanR1

Post by MadmanR1 »

I got pulled into a meeting, thought it would be quick so I left my phone at my desk. It was 1.5 hours. I had to use the bathroom so bad I went there first when I got out, it wouldn't have mattered. They were gone. Ugh!
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

Flipping Addict wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:16 pm
Just to show you how awesome DLT is they just CALLED me to tell me my order was shipping tomorrow. No lie.
I don't want to come off as a shill but even though I'm Dutch I regularly buy my Benchmade and spydercos from them. A bad experience with a Benchmade or 2 makes me write a comment with the order whether they would take the extra effort to check the blade beforehand. Test it for the usual irritations like play, uneven grinds (once got a 940 here which had such a crap grind there wasn't even enough of a grind to be called a bevel..} and centering. On the order form my points were highlighted each time each blade was perfect (for factory standards that is.
My locally based company which preety much has a monopoly on the market won't even help me send in a **EDITED** 0450cf, after 2 calls and an email that probably went right in the trash.
Dlt is wonderful and they've earned my consumer loyalty.
**EDITED**Please read our forum rules. We do not allow buying, selling, or trading on our forum. - TazKristi
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

timlara wrote:
Well, you would think that after this sold out so fast, they might rethink this. It does seem like $200 is a magic barrier though for many people,
and the Shaman is not a proven hot seller like the PM2. I am no rich businessman, so I am the wrong person to ask I guess. I would certainly suck for a dealer to have a bunch of money tied up in inventory that was slowly getting sold.

I am waiting for a Shaman Sprint or Exclusive with an interesting steel. The Shaman interests me (as much as the Backlock Manix in a special edition with a steel like Rex 45 or Cruwear or any number of things). I am not buying a vanilla Shaman because I am a stubborn holdout. That and there has been such a steady stream of exclusives and such draining my knife budget that otherwise might get spent on a "stock" Shaman. One of these days.

I get itchy and think of ordering the S30V Shaman, then I think about Cruwear and Micarta and I am cured.

I'm glad I don't own a Para 3 -- I smile and pat my wallet every time I hear people getting wound up over another Para 3 sprint. More power to them of course, but I am glad I am not getting on every southbound train.

I do have to say that I am impressed with DLT in every way, and yes I was fortunate enough to get one of these. Pretty lucky given that I camped out last night and then just made it to work at the observatory a few minutes before 9 and found a computer to use.
Last edited by Tucson Tom on Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

rodloos wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:24 pm
I was getting ready to buy, got called into a last-minute meeting at work that lasted several hours, they were all sold out by then.
Oh well, I do already have over 300 Spydies, and I'm just happy to even have a job at this point, after being out of work for over a year.
Man, you really need to work on getting your priorities straight.
rodloos wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:24 pm
I'm sure Spyderco will make some more nice knives :).
Maybe, we'll see. :rolleyes:
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

dodgie02 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:08 pm
Flipping Addict wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:16 pm
I don't want to come off as a shill but even though I'm Dutch I regularly buy my Benchmade and spydercos from them. A bad experience with a Benchmade or 2 makes me write a comment with the order whether they would take the extra effort to check the blade beforehand. Test it for the usual irritations like play, uneven grinds (once got a 940 here which had such a crap grind there wasn't even enough of a grind to be called a bevel..} and centering. On the order form my points were highlighted each time each blade was perfect (for factory standards that is.
My locally based company which preety much has a monopoly on the market won't even help me send in a **EDITED** 0450cf, after 2 calls and an email that probably went right in the trash.
Dlt is wonderful and they've earned my consumer loyalty.
**EDITED**Please read our forum rules. We do not allow buying, selling, or trading on our forum. - TazKristi
Taxkristi, my apologies. My enthusiasm got the better of me. I recall earlier in this thread people saying they wanted to buy 2 for this reason and acted on that impulse. I'll edit my posts ASAP once I get behind my pc later on! Sorry!

Edit: haha, see you've already done my work for me ;) didn't notice the notification, my bad won't happen again!
Looking forward to the flood of photos to fuel my jealousy ;)
setldown

Post by setldown »

USPS delivered mine today. Less than 24 hours from shelf to self. :D Great job DLTTrading!
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Post some pictures people!
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
DLTJordan

Post by DLTJordan »

Glad to hear one arrived so quick, we got about 840+ knives out the door yesterday, so they should start trickling in soon.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

We went diving left around 10:00am got back around 1:30pm est and got busy cleaning etc. Never thought these would sell out so quickly. Fortunately don't need a knife for these:
Lobster 925182.JPG
Lobster 925182.JPG (40.3 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Mine should be here tomorrow.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Was packing for vacation back east. So busy I missed the St. Nick Para 3 Red G10 Black 4V on Thursday. This pissed me off because I thought I had a chance because I wasn’t traveling yet. I set a reminder about 5 min before 12 noon Tuesday. Reminder went off and we were in the Met Museum. I told her that I was going to check out the Egyptian exhibit. Switched to LTE, went to DLT site at 12:03pm. I got thought I missed another one. To my surprise I got the option to add to cart. Complete trans and got a confirmation. Should arrive Thursday.😁
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

St.Nicks will have a PMII in the same configuration as their PMIII next year. I will prolly grab that one.
Black DLC over CPM-4V with Red G10. (Looks awesome!)