St. Nick's Knives Exclusive Para 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: St. Nick's Knives Exclusive Para 3

Post by steelcity16 »

Here she is...absolutely flawless. My new instant favorite. Thanks again to everyone at St. Nicks for creating this amazing knife in an underappreciated steel and making sure your website was able to handle the inevitable feeding frenzy! :)

I really hope they do what BHQ is doing with Jade/M4 and run through the whole lineup in this combo. Maybe adding a stonewash option so doing half DLC and half stonewash in each model like BHQ has done for some.

I still wish spyderco could come up with a good solution to get the liners DLC coated on compression lock knives. It would look much better than the mix of stainless and DLC hardware. Especially on the semi-translucent G10 colors like Red and Jade. :(

:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Brown_Recluse wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:45 am
legOFwhat? wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:41 am
Brown_Recluse wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:36 am
IMG_20180924_122654_122.jpg

Just arrived! :D :spyder:
Sweet!

September 22, 2018, 2:25 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
ATHENS, AL 35611
A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 2:25 pm on September 22, 2018 in ATHENS, AL 35611. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
That is :(. Sometimes the USPS has issues with updates so it could very possibly be on its way. I've had that happen before. I'll start getting upset that it hasn't even left and then it'll show up. I hope that's the case of yours.

Also, unless they drop off at the counter and the clerks scans them one by one, they sometimes dont get scanned at the drop off post office and it might be a day or two before they are scanned in at the next sorting facility. If I drop off packages behind my post office like most bulk sellers do they only get scanned in like half of the time. So on expensive items I wait in line and make sure the clerk scans it in so there is a record of acceptance.

So in other words, don't freak out just yet. It could be halfway there already! :)
Last edited by steelcity16 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

^^^Gush!
September 24, 2018, 11:52 am
USPS in possession of item
ATHENS, AL 35611
USPS is now in possession of your item as of 11:52 am on September 24, 2018 in ATHENS, AL 35611.
Oh well..
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:41 am
^^^Gush!
September 24, 2018, 11:52 am
USPS in possession of item
ATHENS, AL 35611
USPS is now in possession of your item as of 11:52 am on September 24, 2018 in ATHENS, AL 35611.
Oh well..

Sorry, i know that pain. :( This one was a HARD one to wait for. Lol.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Looks gorgeous! Thanks for the picture. I am so glad it’s semi translucent, unlike the red M390 PM2.

Looks like mine was accepted this morning. Expected delivery is Thursday. I’ve got the combo pack coming! Can anyone speak of the Delica’s build/grind quality? Looks solid, but I was shocked by how “sloppy” my v-toku2 Delica was ground. It also seemed like even the threaded pocket clip screws were poorly set in the factory.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Joey wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:46 am
Looks gorgeous! Thanks for the picture. I am so glad it’s semi translucent, unlike the red M390 PM2.

Looks like mine was accepted this morning. Expected delivery is Thursday. I’ve got the combo pack coming! Can anyone speak of the Delica’s build/grind quality? Looks solid, but I was shocked by how “sloppy” my v-toku2 Delica was ground. It also seemed like even the threaded pocket clip screws were poorly set in the factory.

My Delica was flawless, so I think it was worth the original asking price, but its a steal at the combo pack price for how limited and rare it is. The Red G10 is the same as the M390 PM2 from DLT. That one is semi-translucent if you hold it up to the light. Similar to the Blurple. Maybe just not quite as much as the Jade.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:48 am
Joey wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:46 am

My Delica was flawless, so I think it was worth the original asking price, but its a steal at the combo pack price for how limited and rare it is. The Red G10 is the same as the M390 PM2 from DLT. That one is semi-translucent if you hold it up to the light. Similar to the Blurple. Maybe just not quite as much as the Jade.
My red Delica is great too. I have no complaints about my V-Toku 2 Delica either. And I agree about the red M390 PM2. Seems like the same G10 to me.

EDIT: I just received an email stating that my Para 3 should be waiting for me when I get home. Woohoo! :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Joey

Post by Joey »

Whoops, I suppose to me it always looked solid red, much like the solid blue that the BBS para 3 has. Good to know they’re both a little see through! The texturing on the G10 makes it blend enough to not look too cheesy IMO. The translucent lightweight Manix 2 is IMO guilty of the cheesy look for reference.

Happy to hear the Delica is well put together :)
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:56 am
EDIT: I just received an email stating that my Para 3 should be waiting for me when I get home. Woohoo! :)
Mine too. Waiting for me at home.
BIGSTRETCH

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

Knife purchase of the year! How about that product presentation??? Santa knows what's up.

Well done St. Nicks
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

EDIT: After I opened my knife I sent a note of thanks to Greg B @ St. Nicks. He asked me to pass along a message that all the knives are officially in the mail. They tried to get them all in the mail Saturday but couldn't manage it due to the PO closing sooner than expected. So rest assured everyone's knives are now on their way.

Also thanks to Spyderco for making this one happen. This Para 3 is every bit as nice as the Delica and maybe even more so.
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Lookin good guys!

Great lookin knife!
Last edited by Spydersense on Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

It turned out great. The better build quality of Golden really shows compared to the Seki City Delica.

buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

I received mine today after a near disaster..whew! My tracking number hadn't been updated since Saturday morning when it arrived to the Birmingham, Alabama distribution center. I tracked it periodically today and there weren't any updates. No big deal, I've seen some weird things with USPS tracking. After I made it home from work, to my surprise, the package was in my mailbox. The label was darn near ripped off, with the tracking bar code completely ripped. My address was not legible, only my name, city, and state. Props to my local post office for getting it to me, but dang, those people at the distribution center are a little rough with packages. Luckily the contents were fine, for the post part. The St. Nick's sticker has a hole pierced through it and the Spyderco box is torn a little bit. Not the end of the world.

St. Nick's & Spyderco hit an absolute home run with this exclusive! I couldn't have asked for a smoother overall transaction w/ St. Nick's and the little gifts were a nice touch. :spyder:
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

double post
Crux

Post by Crux »

I went to the mailbox and there was a small box and I was so happy, but it was for my wife. :(
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
SG89

Post by SG89 »

This knife is so nice I love the red and black together, hoping the Lil Native gets the St Nick's treatment one day
Last edited by SG89 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

Sweet
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Can't wait to get mine in hand. Looks great! I'll now have DLC versions of the BHQ M4, this one and certainly the CS exclusive once that's released. I feel like 1 of them will have to go 😕
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Looks like the eBay flipping has already kicked in too...three for sale from $225 to $295.