St. Nick's Knives Exclusive Para 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rgrad80

Re: St. Nick's Knives Exclusive Para 3

Post by rgrad80 »

I just got my shipping confirm! I'm super excited to get this knife. I have a fishing trip planned with my wife and Father in law at the end of the month and I can't wait to finally get him an upgraded knife to his old Cyro I gave him years ago.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

[/quote]
I was watching it go down with deadboxhero on YouTube. It was like new years for knives lol. It was surprisingly fun.
[/quote]

L o l, I was watching with deadboxhero too. He is such an enabler! I bought the 9th or 10th to the last one. Just doing my part, to help the countdown go a bit quicker, and get over with!
: - )
No ship notification for me yet either, which isn't surprising. That's a lot of packing to do. I was hoping though, that they might get it out today, and get all of those weekend miles on it, heading this way.
Ol’St.Nick

Post by Ol’St.Nick »

I’ve tried posting in here like 4 times but it keeps being rejected. So to the point: we hope to have everything bagged up by tomorrow, there was a glitch in the transfer of info from the website to the shipping program, which is why some of you haven’t seems a shipping confirmation yet.

Lost quite a bit of the day because we had to fix cancellations and people who bought the delica by accident, and that put the whole shipping process to a halt. Not that that’s over we will hopefully knock it all out tomorrow and be good to go with all orders out the door Monday 🙌🏻

Thanks for the support Guys! SNK team 👍🏻
Joey

Post by Joey »

I bought mine at 7:03 (3 minutes in) and still haven’t gotten my notification of shipment. I’m all for weekends, but this time I hope some people are working the weekend shift :rolleyes:
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Brown_Recluse wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:23 pm
I don't see this huge Delica following that you speak of. I'm pretty active in this forum as well as a few others and I don't see the Delica getting nearly as much love as the Para 3.
Maybe you haven't been around long enough to notice but the Delica does in fact have a huge following. The Delica has been around for years and it's become a classic. It's one of the most popular EDC knives ever. Don't believe it? Search Youtube for "Spyderco Delica" and see how many videos come up.

The Para 3 does seem like it's more popular at the moment. IMO that's because it's a fairly new model and it's getting a lot of attention due to sprint runs and exclusives.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

The Delica was popular because it was a not too pricey knife in the past that is really good in design and performance. But right now all the Japan made models are very overpriced for what you get. The base model Delica is not competitive at $75. I really think it should be more like $50. I'd rather spend a little more than the base model Delica and get a Chaparral. And so i did, got one in the mail right now. Way better fit and finish and it also comes in a premium steel (XHP) for only $15 more than the base model Delica.

Going all out on the Delica sprint run was not very smart. People will still see it as the budget knife and then this price for a G10 model is just shocking. I also have my doubts about this upcoming Manix 2 4v marble cf. A user knife that doubles in price due to expensive scales. I think these companies have a bad view on what the market wants. St. Nicks (and others) would do smart to check with the community for their next sprint run.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Rutger wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:33 am
The Delica was popular because it was a not too pricey knife in the past that is really good in design and performance. But right now all the Japan made models are very overpriced for what you get. The base model Delica is not competitive at $75. I really think it should be more like $50. I'd rather spend a little more than the base model Delica and get a Chaparral. And so i did, got one in the mail right now. Way better fit and finish and it also comes in a premium steel (XHP) for only $15 more than the base model Delica.
Well said! I feel the same, personally. The Delica was the first knife I bought from Spyderco that had me scratching my head. I had to turn around and sell it :/ something I’m probably going to do with my Manbug as well. Oddly enough, I don’t feel this way about my Dragonfly 2. The build quality is all there on that one!
BIGSTRETCH

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

Re: the Delica vs Para 3 hype and popularity

It isn't that difficult to figure out. Time has a cooling effect. The Delica has been around forever, which is a testament to it, but we've all been there/done that by now. The Para 3 is still relatively new and the hype won't wear off until everyone has one, or a dozen and has moved onto the next thing.
Last edited by BIGSTRETCH on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

Joey wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:16 am
I bought mine at 7:03 (3 minutes in) and still haven’t gotten my notification of shipment. I’m all for weekends, but this time I hope some people are working the weekend shift :rolleyes:
I just got my ship notification, at 11:22 AM Central Time!
I bought the 9th or 10th from them running out. So I have to think, that they are all in the Mail now.
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

SteveMidwest wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:06 am
Joey wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:16 am
I just got my ship notification, at 11:22 AM Central Time!
I bought the 9th or 10th from them running out. So I have to think, that they are all in the Mail now.
I ordered a combo pack the instant they went live on the site, may have been the first order. still no shipping notification. So either they are waiting to ship the combos last, or they are shipping them at random, not by order #
Joey

Post by Joey »

I suppose it isn’t looking all that great for me right now if yours has shipped. I just checked, I got my order confirmation at 6:01 PM Mountain time so I had my order placed in the first minute.
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

Joey wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:19 am
I suppose it isn’t looking all that great for me right now if yours has shipped. I just checked, I got my order confirmation at 6:01 PM Mountain time so I had my order placed in the first minute.
Same here, got my confirmation at 5:01pst, order is still sitting on paid/unfulfilled.
BIGSTRETCH

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

I imagine they're just taking a while to process all the orders. It is also very possible that they fill and ship them LIFO.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

These days, with $25 not being all that significant (two movie tickets may cost that much) for people who can spend around $100 for a pocket knife, a Chaparral or Para 3 is a much better deal than a Delica. They are also better made and offer improved components — back lock and compression lock.

It would seem that the Delica has been surpassed by the newer designs and superior quality of these newer designs.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

FYI guys....Greg B from St Nick's asked me to relay this message. He said his attempts to post here keep getting flagged. :( Greg and the guys over there are great to deal with. I love my Delica, I can't wait to get my Para 3, and I am very excited to see what they come up with next!

“We are currently still bagging up orders. While for the most part everything went smoothly, there was 2 issues that set us back on Friday.
1) we had to stop shipping because of cancelled orders and fix any that may have already been bagged up on thursday.
2)there was a bug/glitch with the shipping software receiving data from our website. So around 200+ orders didn’t import until we cleared around 350-400 of the first orders. So a lot of people that were with in the first 350 orders, got pushed to the back of the line because of the bug. And we apologize for that. we had no idea that it even happened until around 3-4am friday morning.

And thanks for the support!”

- Greg
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Appreciate the transparency, Greg. Those 2 issues aside, congratulations on the immensely successful drop. Hope to see more Golden models in this configuration.

I got my order in at 7:06... AM on Friday. 3rd from last available. Guess the rest of you will just need to post a bunch of pics to hold me over.

Thanks for delivering the message, Steely.
Last edited by KnickKnackCity on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

At the risk of further diverting my own thread...
MichaelScott wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:25 am
These days, with $25 not being all that significant (two movie tickets may cost that much) for people who can spend around $100 for a pocket knife, a Chaparral or Para 3 is a much better deal than a Delica. They are also better made and offer improved components — back lock and compression lock.
I don't disagree that the Chaparral and Para 3 are both incredible knives and good deals. I also feel that the Delica is still one of the best values in the knife world. I have no way of knowing for sure but my guess is that the Delica's sales numbers continue to be strong.

IMO one of the beautiful things about Spyderco is that they offer so many great choices all at a reasonable price.
MichaelScott wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:25 am
It would seem that the Delica has been surpassed by the newer designs and superior quality of these newer designs.
I have all these newer design of "superior quality" yet I still find myself carrying a Delica as much or more than any other model I have. For me there's just something about the design that works.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I would hazard a guess that the price and sheer number of choices in the Delica line would indicate steady sales.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

I bought my Para the moment it went live and i got my tracking info within 3 hours of that. Super!
Too bad i'll have to wait some time for the package to get across the pond to enjoy it. In the mean time i'll enjoy the pics people put up on Instagram etc.

Hope to see more from St. Nicks in the future. Seems like nice guys. While we all love the easier selling Para 3 and PM2's I do hope that this sale gave them the confidence again to also try some other less common sprint models again. Shaman, Military, Chaparral (this one possible?) i'd love to see this one in other FRN colors and steel. I'd love a Chaparral in K390 in some cool color. They could be the first with a sprint for this model if Spyderco lets them. Way better and budget friendly than the Delica.
Crux

Post by Crux »

My experience with St Nick's super positive. I spoke with them before the sale and they were extremely nice. For my part, the sale was near perfect and was exciting to watch the number drop. I was one of the first to order but just got my shipping notice. I for one think the "bug" was more of a blip and I hope to do more business with these guys.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek: