VTOKU Sprint Run

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
attila

Re: VTOKU Sprint Run

Post by attila »

The 410 should be more corrosion resistant than most stainless cutlery steels, so a quick rinse and wipe should remove that color from your Endura' cladding.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

I have been waiting for the stretch since this steel was announced. Sadly I think I’ll be waiting forever. Does anyone know where I can get an Endura without going to eBay. Everywhere is out that I’ve looked.
Wanted: M4 PM 2 or manix M4.
Rpp

Post by Rpp »

National Knives has stock
lsulaw12

Post by lsulaw12 »

I'm with you. Picked up the Delica and then the Manbug. Waiting on the Stretch to round out the family.
ZDP-189 Delica 4, Chaparral FRN, Super Blue Calypso, Jr., HAP40 Dragonfly 2
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

Thanks!! If any is left when I get home from work I’ll order one.
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

Put my Delica to good use for the first time yesterday. I had to trim down a ceiling tile to replace one my cat destroyed. Cats are crazy. I only cut about 2 feet worth of the stuff and it absolutely wrecked the edge. Didn't realize until after the fact that they have insulation in them. Fiberglass maybe? I think it mostly rolled rather than chipped, but I could easily see light reflecting. It took about 10 minutes to sharpen out on the sharpmaker medium rods, but I found it quite easy to bring to a high level of sharpness. Seemed to take a finer edge than my VG-10 Delica with less effort. Good stuff!
BIGSTRETCH

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

ejames13 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:07 pm
Put my Delica to good use for the first time yesterday. I had to trim down a ceiling tile to replace one my cat destroyed. Cats are crazy. I only cut about 2 feet worth of the stuff and it absolutely wrecked the edge. Didn't realize until after the fact that they have insulation in them. Fiberglass maybe? I think it mostly rolled rather than chipped, but I could easily see light reflecting. It took about 10 minutes to sharpen out on the sharpmaker medium rods, but I found it quite easy to bring to a high level of sharpness. Seemed to take a finer edge than my VG-10 Delica with less effort. Good stuff!
Nice, quick review of some real world use! Why can't they all be like this? :D
Reracer

Post by Reracer »

This is my first post. Anybody hear anything about the V Toku Dragonflys?
ol_lukey

Post by ol_lukey »

welp found a good deal on a zdp stretch and cancelled my order.
best of luck to everyone hope you get your knives this year :rolleyes:
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

For those that have a V2 knife how does it compare with say zip-189 or hap -40? I’m still going to get a stretch but I would like to know where the blade stands performance wise as compared to other Japanese super steels.
Hgwxx7

Post by Hgwxx7 »

Haven't used mine too much, but my Delica was the sharpest factory edge I've seen on a Spyderco, followed perhaps by my Para 3 REX45 (which is comparable to HAP40.) It feels sharper than my HAP40 Ladybug was.
Stay Golden :spyder:
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Luke2236 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:06 am
For those that have a V2 knife how does it compare with say zip-189 or hap -40? I’m still going to get a stretch but I would like to know where the blade stands performance wise as compared to other Japanese super steels.
I've had limited use with mine. I recently reprofiled it and, as far as how it sharpens, it seems closer to HAP40 than ZDP-189. It's fairly easy to sharpen and seems to take a nice edge without much effort.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I’ve carried a VTOKU Endura nearly every day since they dropped, so maybe 4 months? The edge holding has been very nice for me, but I’m just a casual user. Slicing up junk mail, breaking down cardboard boxes, just a little food prep. It stains instantly and it’ll freckle with rust if put away damp. It seems a lot like Super Blue to me. I carried a SB Endura for about a year straight. It’s very easy to keep sharp, and it sharpens up quick. I’ve reduced the edge angle a little using DMT hones, but I’m not removing too much material at a time.
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

Thanks for the quick replies!! How’s the edge retention?
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

WireEdge Roger wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:41 am
I’ve carried a VTOKU Endura nearly every day since they dropped, so maybe 4 months? The edge holding has been very nice for me, but I’m just a casual user. Slicing up junk mail, breaking down cardboard boxes, just a little food prep. It stains instantly and it’ll freckle with rust if put away damp. It seems a lot like Super Blue to me. I carried a SB Endura for about a year straight. It’s very easy to keep sharp, and it sharpens up quick. I’ve reduced the edge angle a little using DMT hones, but I’m not removing too much material at a time.
I've heard others say it stains easily too, which is why I was really surprised that I had virtually no patina after cutting up both ginger root and lime and letting the juice sit on the blade for a few minutes. Maybe there was still factory oil residue on the blade that was protecting it?
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Maybe so. I could actually watch mine change color. I did wash the blade off with Dawn, so there wasn’t any oil to protect it.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:35 pm
I find this pretty funny, to be honest! :D

I just checked my Delica, and sure enough, it's the similar to those above!

Just noticed, my Endura Super Blue is like this ^.
Chris :spyder:
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Reracer wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:38 pm
This is my first post. Anybody hear anything about the V Toku Dragonflys?
Welcome to the forum :spyder:
Haven't heard anything yet. Probably sometime this year.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
BravoTango

Post by BravoTango »

is the Stretch EVER going to be released? LOL. come on!
:spyder: Ben,

The North Remembers.

Has (Always in flux): Shaman, Chef, Techno, M390 Para 3, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 M4. Manix 2 XL, Blue Weave Domino, CF Chaparral, Vtoku2 Endura 4, D-Fly Salt Hawk SE.[/s].

Wants: Manix 2 XL CPM-M4 or 4V, Compression Lock, Tip-up Military, Yojimbo 2 XL.
rizz

Post by rizz »

Got my Ladybug in.

Here is what the seki side looks like.
I like ladybugs.