Blade Show West

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Blade Show West

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I see Spyderco plans on having a booth at Blade Show West next month in Portland. So who’s going? I know a couple of you are. I’m trying to work it out with work, so hopefully I can make it.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Candyman

Re: Blade Show West

Post by Candyman »

I will be there. Fly out on Thursday morning and staying at the Courtyard Marriot. Not sure if it’s a good hotel but this year will be a lot of scouting trying to figure everything out. There’s an awesome looking waterfall out there about 30 minutes from Portland called Multnomah Falls that I definitely plan on checking out while I’m out there. Not too mention all great seafood places out that way. Thinking it will be much more low key than Blade Show in Atlanta which should make it a lot of fun.

Rich
Think for yourself
remnar

Post by remnar »

I'll be there. :) :spyder:
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I would love to make the trip out but it's not in the cards for me this year. I look forward to hearing your stories and seeing all your pics.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

I'll be there on the Friday :D
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I have tickets purchased for all three days. Portland is my home town these days, so I’ll be happy to point folks to some great spots around town. I will also most likely bring a fair number of knives with me to show off. :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Me and my dad will be their on Saturday. Hoping to meet some of you and not spend a lot of money haha
Josh
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

I just spent a week in Portland for work. Wish I could go back for Blade Show West. I went to Blade this year in Atlanta and had a great time. But there is no way my wife is letting go to another Blade Show this year.

My favorite spot in Portland was Double Dragon Restaurant. This picture was my lunch on Sunday; the Pork Belly Banh Mi. It is one of the best sandwiches I have had in a long, long time. And Apex Taprom is right across the street from Double Dragon Restaurant. Apex is a bar with over 50 beers on Tap.

Double Dragon: http://www.doubledragonpdx.com/index.html
Apex Taproom: https://apexbar.com/
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
spyderwa

Post by spyderwa »

I will be there. Not sure if I will bring knives or how many, but I look forward to seeing forumites and the exhibits.

spyderwa
Rare and Unusual Spyderco Website
www.angelfire.com/trek/spyderwa
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

I'll be there on Saturday. It'll be my first time visiting a knife show, so I'm pretty excited :D
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

I got tix for Saturday! Am quite excited to see how it differs from the Oregon knife show I attend annually
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Local folks or anyone that frequents the Portland area...
Is there anything fun to do out there other than obviously the show? Any must visit places?

Rich
Think for yourself
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Candyman wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:55 am
Local folks or anyone that frequents the Portland area...
Is there anything fun to do out there other than obviously the show? Any must visit places?

Rich
Hi Rich,

This is a great list of must-see items. The weather has been wonderful lately too (not that I’ve been in town) :).

https://www.moneycrashers.com/best-thin ... tractions/
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I'm closing on my new house and get the keys on Friday, so I will not be going now since we are closing a week early. If anyone "needs" two tickets for Saturday shoot me a PM. I'll pay it forward as a RAK.
Josh
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

murphjd25 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:32 pm
I'm closing on my new house and get the keys on Friday, so I will not be going now since we are closing a week early. If anyone "needs" two tickets for Saturday shoot me a PM. I'll pay it forward as a RAK.
Congrats on the house Josh!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:23 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
Congrats on the house Josh!
Thanks Pat! It’s our first home, couldn’t be more excited!
Josh
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

murphjd25 wrote:

Sorry but that’s a way bigger deal than bladeshow. Congratulations on the new house. That’s a major milestone in life. Enjoy.

As for me, I’m out for a whole bunch of reasons I won’t get into here. I hope you all have a fantastic time and I’ll see you next year.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Sooo...no one really needs two free tickets to the show on Saturday??? Shoot me a PM..
Josh
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Tomorrow is the day! I look forward to seeing some familiar and new faces!
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

For everyone going tomorrow, enjoy! I'll be there on Saturday. Pretty excited to check it out =)