Spyderco Sharpmaker

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vinnyd34

Spyderco Sharpmaker

Post by vinnyd34 »

How well will it sharpen CPM S110V and Maxamet? I have one and I have both steels.
Good luck and stay sharp! :D
Delica G-2 Serrated x2, Delica Serrated AUS-8, Delica 4 ZDP-189, Delica 4 Semi VG-10, Para 2 CPM S110V, Manix 2 Maxamet, Para 2 Cruwear, Byrd Cara Cara 2 G10, Polestar BD-1, Calypso Jr Superblue.
bearfacedkiller

Re: Spyderco Sharpmaker

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have set the bevels on both of those steels with the diamond rods at 30 degrees followed by microbeveling both of those steels with the brown rods at 40 degrees and have been happy with the results. You can get a super sharp edge that way and it is quick and easy.

I have theories why the fine rods are not a good choice for these steels but it gets complicated and maybe theoretical.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
vinnyd34

Post by vinnyd34 »

Thank you. Very helpful and I will try your method!
Good luck and stay sharp! :D
Delica G-2 Serrated x2, Delica Serrated AUS-8, Delica 4 ZDP-189, Delica 4 Semi VG-10, Para 2 CPM S110V, Manix 2 Maxamet, Para 2 Cruwear, Byrd Cara Cara 2 G10, Polestar BD-1, Calypso Jr Superblue.
vivi

Post by vivi »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:56 am
I have set the bevels on both of those steels with the diamond rods at 30 degrees followed by microbeveling both of those steels with the brown rods at 40 degrees and have been happy with the results. You can get a super sharp edge that way and it is quick and easy.

I have theories why the fine rods are not a good choice for these steels but it gets complicated and maybe theoretical.
This is an excellent method if the sharpmaker is your only sharpening equipment.

I think there are certainly steels out there that work better with a polished edge, compared to steels that work better with toothy edges.
:unicorn