Missing Simona

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Hannibal Lecter

Missing Simona

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

I just received what will probably be my last communique with Simona. It is regrettable that with her love of the knives and contributions to the knife community through her art that she has chosen as she has, but I get the suspicion from her note that her mind is quite entirely made up.

I share the following:

simona wrote:Hello, i am sorry, but what i wroted, i left all knife forums f-o-r-e-v-e-r, i dont think that sometime i will go back. I deleted all links to forums, i deleted my registrations there, i sold big pc and 21" monitor (i have now notebook only) and i stopped wear and collect knives, simply im slowly going out from knife hobby now. Its all.

Sincerely, Simona
If you disagree with me in this view, that is fine; no flames, please. I just needed to express my regret.

Thank you,

Dr. Hannibal Lecter, M.D.
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Add my regret to yours, Sir.....
Senate

Post by Senate »

I think we have just seen the tip of the iceberg (i.e. all these stupid posts on BF) but the hatred had reached an amazing level, she mentionned several times that she was not only attacked on forums but also via e-mails and IM. How much can someone take for just a hobby?

when you see that some people are still insulting her 3 weeks after she has left, maybe she made the right choice. :(
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

I will certainly miss her pictures and broken English writing. :(

You know, Loki88 is missing too. I can't even find him on the member's list any longer (Sia is still registered). He got some MAJOR flamage on W&C when he lashed out after Sia announced her departure. He really spouted off some antiamerican tripe. He changed his name to Piglet but I've not seen him at all on the other forum in probably 2 weeks.

I think it pays to think before you post.
jaxon

Post by jaxon »

I'm terribly sorry to realize her decision. :confused:

Jaxon
Live to Ride....Ride to Live
Spidernoir

Post by Spidernoir »

Checking in as often as I've been over the past couple of years to see what Simona had posted was half the fun, Damnit!

Thinking bad thoughts about BF.

~Jeff :mad:
LONE WOLF

Post by LONE WOLF »

Some day those folks at BFC will get theirs. And some of the mods at bfc, instead of stopping it, decided to fuel the flames and join in.
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

Once again, let's stop the cross-forum flaming here! This is not the place to discuss problems we (or others) have with another Forum. Instead of bringing up these issues over and over again, just let them die. We can miss Simona's input without the risk of inciting a cross-forum flame war.

David
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
Hannibal Lecter

Agreed

4 s ter wrote:We can miss Simona's input without the risk of inciting a cross-forum flame war.
True. There is no point in creating unnecessary animosity. I disagree with some of the behavior exhibited by some individuals on some forums, but I will not over-generalize and say that *everyone* on a particular forum is either a saint or a devil. Well, except the saints here on the Spyderco forum, but you have to be brutally honest sometimes... :D :D :D

Ta,

H
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
voxnaes

Post by voxnaes »

4 s ter wrote:Once again, let's stop the cross-forum flaming here! This is not the place to discuss problems we (or others) have with another Forum. Instead of bringing up these issues over and over again, just let them die. We can miss Simona's input without the risk of inciting a cross-forum flame war.

David
I second that!!
Vox.
Hannibal Lecter

A Relief

I have been able to communicate fairly regularly with Simona today. She is well, but true to her word she is taking a hiatus from all knife forums; I think the unpleasantness and flaming on the other forums is just more than she is prepared to deal with for the time being, not that I blame her. I will be keeping in touch with her regularly, and I will gladly keep everyone here apprised of her condition from time to time should it please you for me to do so. She harbors no apparent animosity towards this forum; quite the contrary, ,as she admits this is the one forum where everyone was consistently polite and civilized. She just needs a bit of a break. Whether or not this break is permanent remains to be seen.

Either way, I wish her well.

Ta,

H
---------------------

OutofGum

Post by OutofGum »

Never really spent much time on other forums. Any interesting posts of hers someone could point me to?
To the pessimist the glass is half empty, to the optimist the glass is half full, to the engineer its twice as big as it needs to be.
JD Spydo

Simona please reconsider

Post by JD Spydo »

I so totally agree with Dr. Lecter on this issue dealing with Ms. Simona. The few times I had the pleasure of communicating with her she was always very nice, respectful and very knowlegdable on what she talked about. I don't know exactly what transpired on that other Forum. But with all things considered they ( the other Forum members) certainly didn't act like ladies or gentlemen to her. I am also a member of the other Forum and I have already made some good friends there as well. But the issue is this: When there is a dispute/confrontation of this magnitude nobody wins. :(

I don't agree with all that has been said to me on certain issues. But I am not going to be run off by a few hecklers. I have made some good friends here in the last 4 months I have been on this great Forum. The 4 people that I have made good friends with I will stick with them through whatever. I think the right thing for the parties involved is to be real men & women and invite her back and to apologize for all the misunderstandings. Like I said nobody wins in these kinds of turmoils. SIMONA PLEASE COME BACK: I am not the only one on your side. So come back and be friends with us who enjoyed your input here on the Spyderco Forum. :) JD Spydo :) :spyder:
Hannibal Lecter

Not Going to Happen, J.D.

JD Spydo wrote:SIMONA PLEASE COME BACK: I am not the only one on your side. So come back and be friends with us who enjoyed your input here on the Spyderco Forum. :) JD Spydo :) :spyder:
J.D., I am afraid your pleas are probably falling on deaf ears. Simona is generally not reading *any* of the forums now, by her own admission. I attempted to convince her to read at least this thread and see that she has people here who care, but I do not know if she ever did.

After a *lengthy* exchange with her earlier today, I am going to respect her wishes and not hassle her about returning, as much as I might like to. I will continue to correspond with her and make myself available should she need anything, and hope that eventually she will decide of her own volition to return.

At least I hope so.

Ta,

H
---------------------

dantecubit

Did I miss something?

Post by dantecubit »

Why was she being flamed?
Hannibal Lecter

Differences Of Opinion

She allegedly had words with some members of another forum, and they apparently could not agree to disagree with her and instead turned to personal attacks. I don't know what the arguments were about in their entirety, nor do I care. Stooping to the level some of them did is inexcusable. What is the quote? I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Honorable men (and women) can disagree. Politely.

At least most of us. :rolleyes:

---
Ta,

H
---------------------