Jade/M4 Yojimbo

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RickC27

Re: Jade/M4 Yojimbo

Post by RickC27 »

I love the look of natural G10, but usually only when it's paired with DLC and black hardware (I have both the Manix 2 and Para 3)

Only thing I worry about with it, is if you carry it long enough and use it often...will the color begin change and look less appealing, even after cleaning the scales?
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Gonna take some will power to resist this one. Very nice, and something I've wanted. I've bought so many knives lately though I haven't even carried my Jade M4 Native more than 4 times yet. I think I need to cut myself off until I've at least used the ones I've got a bit more, doesn't seem right to have so many nice knives sitting in a box.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:14 pm
doesn't seem right to have so many nice knives sitting in a box.
That's why you need these! Who cares if they say Boker on them, $14 at KnifeCenter. Makes deciding which knife to carry for the day a bit easier...or harder haha. Guess it depends how you look at it.
Resized_20180814_183303.jpeg
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

SpyderScout wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:02 pm
Evil D wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:35 pm
I really don't get all the hate for the jade G10. We've had several threads asking for white FRN so people can dye them, this is essentially the same thing. It'll take just about any color dye.
Hate?
I get the impression, that the jade Spydercos sell like hotcakes.
Many rave about them - just look at this very thread ;)

Some of the nay sayers in this thread dont like the design of the Yo or that the blade is not DLC. That hardly is jade hate though.

I might be mistaken but its my impression that jade is popular.
Jade Spydercos gets snapped up VERY fast on for example BF.

I've seen it a lot on their FB page. Seems some are getting burned out on the combo but I'll take hot pink handles if it gets me M4 in the models I want.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

More of a yojimbo question; How was this supposed to be a SD blade though? Never thought of a wharncliff as a stabber or slasher
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

RickC27 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:19 pm
your collection is looking good :D

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

RickC27 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:19 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
That's why you need these! Who cares if they say Boker on them, $14 at KnifeCenter. Makes deciding which knife to carry for the day a bit easier...or harder haha. Guess it depends how you look at it.

Resized_20180814_183303.jpeg
I hang a large spyderpak over the bedroom door to make choosing easier.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

GarageBoy wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:23 pm
More of a yojimbo question; How was this supposed to be a SD blade though? Never thought of a wharncliff as a stabber or slasher
From the man himself...
https://youtu.be/1ddOdONCCqU

ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Sjucaveman wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:24 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
I hang a large spyderpak over the bedroom door to make choosing easier.
It's not that they are not displayed. I keep about 5 set out on my dresser, and the rest in some nice pelican cases, they're easy enough to open up and pick out a few knives for the week. Mostly it's just that I have too many. I could carry a different knife every day of the month and not carry the same one twice. I like variety, and like collecting too. But imagine this senario. You get a brand new hot spydie that everyone is trying to get their hands on (rex45 para3) and it sits uncarried for a week because you want to carry your new Shaman for a few days to get to know it. When your new sprint sits uncarried... you have too many new knives. Still haven't carried my lil native yet either.

Anyways enough about poor me and my abundance of knives :D And back to how awesome is an M4 Yo2? (I should get one anyways lulz)

RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Haha, I feel ya! Got my BHQ Para 3 and Rex45 Para 3 within a few days of each other. Been very humid here recently, so I haven't been carrying either as much as I'd like to because of how sweaty I get at work.

I also promised the wife I'd only keep my collection to what I can fit on those display stands because she's getting annoying of the constant knife stuff haha!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Evil D, I think it’s just that they’ve done so many models with jade g10, some of the same model twice just with dlc. It’s good and bad. It’s good in that they’re going through so many models that someone is bound to find a version they like. Bad because, well, it’s a lot of natural g10...

I’m greatful they’re doing this though. I’m hopeful they’ll do a UKPK!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
anycal

Post by anycal »

Well, they always sell out. So people can hate all they want. BHQ made a good choice. I have a couple myself. This one is not for me.
Peter
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

I've passed on all the other jade/M4 Spydies, but I may need to get this one.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I don’t love the jade g10. But a replacement set of oem black g10 off epay will take care of that!
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

I deleted my bladehq link from my iPad when they started charging tax. Nothing against them but too many other places not charging tax to ever buy another knifefrom them. Too bad this is an exclusive to them. Looks cool.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

When did that start? I’ve ordered three during June and July, no tax.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

I've got 3 of the Jade/M4 offerings so far and am eagerly awaiting more of the Spyderco greats in this combo! Definitely my personal favorite combination, and as has been posted previously, if you don't like the Jade simply dye the scales whatever color your heart desires. It's saddening to hear that people are actually complaining about these fantastic exclusives.
So it goes.
benben

Post by benben »

I’ve put off or bounced other models in front of the Yojimbo for 2 years, bought a S30V model 2 weeks ago!! Oh well, still love it, very well made!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Great! A new Yo2 that I can't use...

Oh well, still eyeing the s90v.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Nice. Didn’t expect this one.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man