Best looking Spyderco knives

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: Best looking Spyderco knives

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have yet to find a knife that is a better value than the GB2. Mine is as smooth as glass, has a great steel, perfect grinds, a solid lock, is super good looking and is a high performance cutter. I find it to be close to perfect and the price is great.

Enjoy it brother, it is the total package.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Calicoast

Post by Calicoast »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:58 pm
I have yet to find a knife that is a better value than the GB2. Mine is as smooth as glass, has a great steel, perfect grinds, a solid lock, is super good looking and is a high performance cutter. I find it to be close to perfect and the price is great.

I think this will be my next Spyderco. I just keep coming back to it over and over and really enjoying the M4 I have.

Had this knife for $100.00 shipped with an ebay coupon and some ebay bucks. Decided on an easy up instead because I needed one, more than another knife. :)
C
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

Read the title and immediately thought "native 5 fluted titanium", first image I see :D

Not that it was much of a competition, the knife is beautiful in pictures but in the hand... functional and aesthetic...
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

Flytanium makes the difference.
Attachments
20180703_202755.jpg
bearfacedkiller

Spyderman91 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:14 am
Read the title and immediately thought "native 5 fluted titanium", first image I see :D

Not that it was much of a competition, the knife is beautiful in pictures but in the hand... functional and aesthetic...
I bet that most folks are unaware of how amazing the contouring on the fluted versions feels in the hand. I would be excited to see a fluted G10 version. It adds looks, texture and ergonomics. Amazing upgrade!
-Darby
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

For in-house designs I'd put the Kiwi, Kopa, Calypso Jr, Caly 3 and 3.5, Sage series, and Chaparral series the top of my list. For collaboration models, Ed Schempp's original Persian and the c27 Jess Horn would by my top picks.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:34 am
Spyderman91 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:14 am

I bet that most folks are unaware of how amazing the contouring on the fluted versions feels in the hand. I would be excited to see a fluted G10 version. It adds looks, texture and ergonomics. Amazing upgrade!
I keep hoping for a contoured/fluted CF Manix LW or Backlock to join the native. Seems like a home run?

They really knocked it out of the park with the Pakkawood series. I'm hoping for more of those as well!

steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

My votes are the BHQ Manix DLC M4 and the St Nicks Knives Red G10 TiCN Hap40 Delica! Both look fantastic. I really like the Cutlery Shoppe DLC Orange S90V Native LW as well.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Fluted Military/Native, both the titanium and CF versions

Caly 3 with the contoured bolsters and CF

Any Persian but particularly the red ones

Any Kiwi/Kopa

Vallotton Sub Hilt
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
FX sniper

Post by FX sniper »

beautiful.jpg
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:58 pm

Indeed it is and then some! :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

The Gayle Bradley (he's a Texan you know) is also a favorite of mine. I'm partial to a hollow grind or saber grind and a swedge. It is difficult for me to have any passion for a flat grind.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4RFBEohnZaMi66Zw8

The diminutive Terzuola Double-Bevel is a little gem in that regard.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dM8zhRp8Ann1vjH79

Another Terzuola collaboration, The Starmate, is a hefty beauty.
The low profile opening hole is also one of the features I like.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MAh8rFoFLWuUcHyQ8
Last edited by Mad Mac on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

But as far as production Spyderco knives go, the Rubicon was a stunner. (Peter Carey is another Texan.)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qyocL5B9rhLWfMnV9
Last edited by Mad Mac on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Another one of my favorite collaborations is Mr. Ed Schempp's breathtaking EuroEdge.
Contoured scales look great and are a treat to one's hand.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5LJ1N1EV1oKR6vrKA
Last edited by Mad Mac on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Mr. Schempp's Bowie with it's brass bolster is positively gorgeous.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MkzrDYf7aTT9bN4p9
Jmotley

Post by Jmotley »

I feel like I miss out on a lot of good designs, particularly Mr Schempp’s and Mr Bradley’s because of my dislike of liner locks. If the Schempp Bowie had a compression or back lock I’d be all over it. But maybe it’s just time for me to broaden my horizons
Jmotley

Post by Jmotley »

I feel like I miss out on a lot of good designs, particularly Mr Schempp’s and Mr Bradley’s because of my dislike of liner locks. If the Schempp Bowie had a compression or back lock I’d be all over it. But maybe it’s just time for me to broaden my horizons
Jmotley

Post by Jmotley »

Also as far as good looking knives, Deacon mentioned the Caly 3.5 and someone else posted the pakkawood series. How great of a combo would that be?! Maybe someone at KC will listen up
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Jmotley wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:28 pm

No, you like the right kind of locks. Too many liner locks. Not enough back locks. I pass on lots of nice designs because of this.
- best wishes, Jazz.