2019 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pearly Girl

Re: 2019 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by Pearly Girl »

Turq KopaSmall.jpg
Our beautiful Turquoise Kopa. Love the form and feel of this gorgeous rarity; a real treasure to behold.
cptdean

Post by cptdean »

The Dragonfly 2 in Zome Green VG-10 and the Para Military 2 in CPM S30V are my first two Spyderco knives, and the basis by which I'm judging all others. The Dragonfly is sheer perfection, and I can think of nothing that would warrant a version 4 upgrade. The Para Military 2 is hands-down, no-contest, without question the best knife I've ever owned, and I can promise you it will never leave my possession. Thank you to Sal, Eric, and all the fine people at Spyderco for quality products you produce. Any images we can submit are merely shadows of your true art.

Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes by itself.

Dragonfly 2
, Para Military 2, Native 5 Lightweight, Chaparral Lightweight, Para 3
wec12

Post by wec12 »

Model: Spyderco Tasman Salt
Forum name: wec12

Chose my oldest gold, Spyderco Tasman Salt, to be the model because I still remember the child-like anticipation and the pure joy when receiving my very first hawkbill Spyderco 12 years ago. The simple thrill when opening daily mails and boxes with the bonus of rustproof is really indescribable; hope the photo shows component of thrill and rustproof well.

abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Great photo!
Kyle8734

Post by Kyle8734 »

Been loving this M4 Para 3 ever since i got it. Looks great, good ergonomics, edge retention, etc... This so far is my first post on the forum so hello to everyone, definitely a lot of awesome pics guys. I took this picture not too far from my house when going out for a walk earlier, there is a old Japanese Maple that has a hollow in the trunk that collects water and i thought it looked pretty cool so..
Jade m4.jpg
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Really is. Absolutely perfect timing! Love that you can still see the tip through the water as well.
Detdaddy

Post by Detdaddy »

This summer we took our family vacation in Arizona. I decided to take my Slysz Bowie with me, to photograph in this beautiful state. I must have taken over 50 photographs with it at the Grand Canyon, Sedona, and on mountain trails. Overall, this photo, taken in Sedona, is my favorite. It was just starting to rain, so the sun was not glaring off the blade. I loved this old fence post withe the metal wire wrapped around it. I think this knife was designed with this type of landscape in mind. It's like it was at home in this setting.

I have a lot of Spyderco knives that I really like. But the Slysz Bowie has been the one I have carried the most.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Model: Spyderco Police 4
Forum name: DougC-3

The Police 4 has surprisingly turned out to be one of my most favorite and frequently used models in spite of its large size. It turns out that the huge blade, at just under 4.5 inches, is great for all kinds of kitchen work, and the K390 steel rarely needs sharpening. Also, it's fun to watch the K390 develop a patina. I photographed it against the small pack to emphasize its size.

K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
talonne

Post by talonne »

Hey everyone,

I realize I'm a newbie, but I didn't see anything in the rules that mention a minimum membership timeframe or post count, so I thought I would try this out anyway. Even if I don't qualify for some unstated reason, we have another piece of eye candy to look at, right? :D

I'm actually very new to the world of knives in general, not just to Spyderco, so I'm literally just getting my feet wet.

Here's a piece I'm sure everyone here is familiar with: The Delica. This photo was taken in a treed area along a pathway that's right near our home -- where I run, where the dog goes for a walk, where we take our toddler to burn off some energy. The colours of this photo spoke to me, as orange + grey were actually our wedding colours! It's a shot of familiar things and a new interest rolled into one.
Calendar_thumb.jpg
wazerhazar

Post by wazerhazar »

Forum name: wazerhazar
Model: Urban K390

The K390 Urban has quickly become my favorite EDC knife. The edge eats through wood like nothing and I rarely have to bother sharpening it. Thanks to Spyderco for holding this contest!
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

I love that the heavy hitters always come in at the end. These are some amazing pictures guys, every year is an inspiration to me to take better pictures. This is gonna be a great calendar!

15 minutes left!
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Most recently added and enjoying: CF Cruwear Manix 2 and LW Manix 2
Daily Carry: Blue CF Domino and well-loved Manix 2 LW.
wazerhazar

Post by wazerhazar »

I just posted my photo, but I guess after such a long period of inactivity I have to wait for moderator approval! Please approve my photo before the deadline!
attila

Post by attila »

hudsonhawk wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:46 pm
I love that the heavy hitters always come in at the end. These are some amazing pictures guys, every year is an inspiration to me to take better pictures. This is gonna be a great calendar!

15 minutes left!
Yeah, despite the great comments about my photo, I doubt I have a chance anymore...
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
ZesT

Post by ZesT »

My Picture is of the Manix FRN in translucent blue
I love the shapes that these knives come in as Spyderco strives to achieve superior ergos. I think in this picture the Manix looks like it is a fat little duck waking up. :)
"I can stop at any time."
ZesT

Post by ZesT »

ZesT wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:59 pm
My Picture is of the Manix FRN in translucent blue
I love the shapes that these knives come in as Spyderco strives to achieve superior ergos. I think in this picture the Manix looks like it is a fat little duck waking up. :)
Did I cut it close enough?
"I can stop at any time."
Spyder_Flick

Post by Spyder_Flick »

All I can say is, wow. I am glad I entered my photo when I did. If I had waited until today like I originally planned, I probably would not have entered. There are a lot of great photos. I doubt I will make the calendar, but just being able to have a chance with some really great photographers and photos is a blessing.

Thank you Spyderco and Kristi for the great experience. Also thank you to Liquid Cobra and CommercialDalton for helping me along the way. I have a new respect and appreciation for the world of photography, and it is because of you both.
My :spyder: : Native 5 LW