2019 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Peter1960

Re: 2019 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by Peter1960 »

Peter1960
C01GGR Worker

Life is easy but from time to time you have to fix something and when you have the right tools it's an easy job. Often right tools are simple tools and it depends from your creativity to use them. A lot of creativity is in the design of the Worker. ;)

Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Aww, it seems I let time get away from me this year. Great entries by everyone as usual though!

I might try to pull off something early tomorrow morning but either way, good luck to everyone this year.
ALbagnall

Re: 2019 Forum Calendar Contest! S90V Military.

Post by ALbagnall »

ALBagnall
C36CFTIP S90V Military

Hooker Lake, Mt Cook, New Zealand.

We awoke to a crisp sunrise and entranced by the glowing mist we made our way down the hooker track. Walking through the eerily crisp and silent valleys we crested a frozen hill to arrive at the base of Mt Cook.
Hooker lake was frozen solid and I had to take the opportunity for this photo, not every day I'm playing in the mountains! I've had many spydercos but this milly surely is one of my all time favorites.
Thanks for the opportunity to enter this awesome contest! Cheers
Attachments
received_10212722308401110.jpeg
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Forum Name - Ozspyder
Knife Featured – Phoenix C114

Howard Viele’s Phoenix collaboration with Spyderco is one of the best looking knives to have ever been imagined.
With the incomparable ball bearing lock and smooth lines along with smooth white micarta and titanium this knife looks sleek and elegant either closed or open and ready for use.
Combined with an incredibly beautiful grind, deep choils and spectacular attention to detail, this knife just screams out to be used and admired alike.
This picture is another one of my accidental images captured when I saw some packaging material and the Phoenix happened to be riding with me in my suit pocket.

Last edited by ozspyder on Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spyder_Flick

Post by Spyder_Flick »

ozspyder wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:59 pm
Forum Name - Ozspyder
Knife Featured – Phoenix C114

Howard Viele’s Phoenix collaboration with Spyderco is one of the best looking knives to have ever been imagined.
With the incomparable ball bearing lock and smooth lines along with smooth white micarta and titanium this knife looks sleek and elegant either closed or open and ready for use.
Combined with an incredibly beautiful grind, deep choils and spectacular attention to detail, this knife just screams out to be used and admired alike.
This picture is another one of my accidental images captured when I saw some packaging material and the Phoenix happened to be riding with me in my suit pocket.

You may have forgot, but you still entered a great photo, Dan.
My :spyder: : Native 5 LW
attila

Post by attila »

I fear that if you do that, Lance, one of us will surely get the boot... :p ;)
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
SpyderWill

Post by SpyderWill »

Forum Name: SpyderWill

Model: Delica 4 Lightweight Wharncliffe
C11FWCBK

Description: My selection for this year’s calendar entry was inspired by its origin. The Wharncliffe Delica took shape on this forum from its introduction as an idea, through its refinement as a prototype, and finally to its release as a production model. Like the annual calendar contest, it showcases Spyderco’s drive to collaborate with its community and facilitate creativity.

razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Forum name: razorsharp
Knife: Spyderco Military S110v
The Military knife has been my go-to knife for a little while now. It is incredibly lightweight, there are many steel and colour variants and most importantly, it is comfortable to use and cuts very well. Image
Last edited by razorsharp on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Some really amazing entries this year. I'm not going to get time to take any pics, overtime at work is sucking the life out of me lol. Good luck everyone :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Hopefully my Full resolution entry actually posted through. The page took a long time to load , then when it presumably sent, it was the same screen again, no confirmation that the picture had sent.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Forum Name: Mushroom
Product Name: Lil' Native (C230GP)

Earlier this summer, in June, I traveled to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve in the Southern part of Colorado for a camping trip. I brought the Lil' Native along with me because it has become a trusted everyday carry knife and I assumed it would be legal to carry throughout the entire state! Here it is pictured at one of the parks backcountry tent sites, with a lil' patch of Prickly Pear Cacti which is one of the most widespread genus of cacti native to the Americas! :spyder:

Thank you, once again, Spyderco! This is a fantastic opportunity for the forum and I always have fun participating! Good luck, everyone!
Last edited by Mushroom on Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Nick :bug-red
ALuckyBum

Post by ALuckyBum »

So, this is the "in the the nick of time" entry. This is the newest knife (Blade HQ exclusive Para 3 in M4 with DLC coating) to come out before the end of the contest tomorrow. I just got this knife in the mail today. I dyed the scales purple and ran out to get a shot before the sun went down. I barely was able to get this shot. It turned out well considering I couldn't go somewhere cool or do something more artistic. It's got a cool October vibe if anything. I hope you all like it.
Attachments
Nehemiah Roome Smallcopy.JPG
embry386

Post by embry386 »

Here's a shot of my favorite model, the Native 5, and the backups I've bought of it. Two are serrated, two are plain, the serrated is my favorite EDC and is very good for cutting tough materials like rubber in the garage (which is where the photoshoot was conducted). I enjoy this knife a lot.

Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

DutchBlades wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:30 pm
Hey Gsg9, liking your picture of the Caribbean, but don't forget to make a vertical one.
No landscapes this year ;)
It'd be a shame to lose your shot at earning a spot in this year's calendar! :eek:
CommercialDalton wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:21 pm
Great pic, but just wanted to remind you the submission is supposed to be vertical this year^^

Thanks for the heads up :D
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Surfingringo wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:14 pm
Aww, it seems I let time get away from me this year. Great entries by everyone as usual though!

I might try to pull off something early tomorrow morning but either way, good luck to everyone this year.
Ditto :spyder: :o and the competition is getting stiffer as we speak.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I love the Military models, and really enjoy the variety of handle and blade-steel configurations. Here are a couple of fluted-titanium scaled Military models.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
griff443

Post by griff443 »

Forum name: griff443
Model: Spyderco Ladybug 3 Hawkbill Salt LYL3HB

I find my Ladybug Salt with a hawkbill blade the perfect knife to carry whenever I'm around the water, which is quite often here in the land of ten thousand lakes. This knife, with its scaly grip and razor-sharp serrations (though here hiding beneath the surface), make a good approximation of an alligator lurking through the water.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Great entries everyone. Mushroom, I'm particularly impressed with yours. Last day to submit. Good luck everyone.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
FK

Post by FK »

Griff443,

Very creative composition.

I will be purchasing some yellow H1 knives for next year's calendar.

Regards,
FK
Member since Feb 17, 2001
Last edited by FK on Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Model: Lil' Matriarch

This picture was taken in my backyard. We've had a very rainy summer for Florida, with all the extra moisture bringing out the mushrooms. I chose this model because it's unique recurve blade shape is so useful for a variety of tasks, especially in the yard and garden. I thought the organic lines of the edge were complimented well by the organic recurves of the mushroom.

- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man