2019 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
przemekspce

Re: 2019 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by przemekspce »

Forum name: przemekspce
Model: Spyderco Sage™ 2 Reeve Integral Lock C123TI

Sage 2 is my first titanium knife with framelock. Even though it comes under "Gentlemen's knife" line, I use it every day at my work. I cut cable insulation, electrical conduit, plastic pipes, carton boxes and other electric material by them. It looks wonderfully and it is very helpful tool.

Thanks for contest
All the best,
Przemek
:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
Uke

Post by Uke »

Wow, what's with all the amazing Salt/beach photos this year!? Beautiful shot attila!
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Uke wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:57 pm
Wow, what's with all the amazing Salt/beach photos this year!? Beautiful shot attila!
I was so excited and feeling really good about mine until Attila delivered that masterpiece! No way are 2 of the same knives making the calendar. Had to switch it up. His pic really is amazing/creative.
attila

Post by attila »

Wow! :eek:

I really appreciate everyone's kind words! I'm just glad that jamming my knife in the sand worked out so nicely.

There's plenty of competition, however, with a several that are easily capable of being picked over mine.

Rick, I'm sorry for causing you to have to redo your submission. Since it is kind of a competition, I trust you won't hold it against me.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

attila wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:56 pm
Wow! :eek:

I really appreciate everyone's kind words! I'm just glad that jamming my knife in the sand worked out so nicely.

There's plenty of competition, however, with a several that are easily capable of being picked over mine.

Rick, I'm sorry for causing you to have to redo your submission. Since it is kind of a competition, I trust you won't hold it against me.
Haha, absolutely! No hard feeling.
dielon

Post by dielon »

Here's mine. The endura I picked up about a year ago in Golden and it the one I carry nearly everyday. The Q knife I've had for many years now. I don't really use it for anything other than a conversation piece.
Attachments
IMG_1363 - Copy.JPEG
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Forum Name: Sharp Guy
Featured Knife: Sliverax C228CF

When Paul Alexander's Sliverax was first introduced I was unsure if I'd like the model. In fact, it took me awhile before I decided to go ahead and buy one. I'm sure glad I did! The knife needs to be held before the design can be fully appreciated. It's sleek in the pocket, has multiple possibilities for opening, and the compression lock, combined with the upgraded bearing system, make closing a breeze. It also looks great!

This shot was taken on a sunny morning at one of our favorite parks on the north shore of Grapevine Lake, TX.

Thanks for the Spyderco Team for holding this contest once again. As usual, I'm in awe of how talented to this group is. Good luck everyone!

-Patrick

Last edited by Sharp Guy on Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

See Pat, you didn't even need to continue with your thread and just listen to me with the very first response! :)
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Captured this photo when I was walking on a South Carolina beach back in June with my trusty Spydiechef. The moon is above it with Jupiter to the upper left. It was a beautiful night!

Factech

Post by Factech »

Forum Name - Factech
Knife Featured - Native LW Maxamet C41PGY5

This is the evolution of the first Spyderco I bought 15 years ago, a Native 1.

Its patina makes it unique and gives this steel character. It is reliable, like the pile of well used wrenches where it lies.  The ergonomics lock this native in the hand, just like the original Native.

This Native will be a well used and trustworthy tool for many years to come.

brj

Post by brj »

A lot of great Pac Salt pics this year, but I'll post mine anyway :)
Shot taken @ the Bigar waterfall in Romania.

i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Some really great submissions coming in! Getting nervous about mine now!
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Forum name - Johnnie1801

Knife - Paramilitary 2 (C81GM4P2)

This was not supposed to be my entry but I've had a bad run of luck this year and not much time at all this summer to create the photo I wanted. The PM2 is my favourite knife and the M4 version with jade scales is one of the most photogenic in my opinion. I regularly try to go walking in the countryside or woods near where I live and to try and photograph the knife I'm carrying or anything interesting. I always try to participate in the calendar contest but the way my luck is going I doubt I'll win anything but I guess it's the taking part that counts.

Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
KapitanPlaneta

Post by KapitanPlaneta »

Spyderco UKPK is my No.1 seaside holidays pick. One word- "sand" and all fancy zillion rowed ball bearing folders hide deeper in the drawer.
Super simple but imho the sexiest Spyderco design.

:spyder: UKPK Black G10, Urban British Blades & Foliage G10, Ti Pingo [Woro Knives], Delica Wharncliffe [micarta scales], Rhino
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Forum Name: abbazaba
Featured Knife: Manbug G10 MGGY

This "best dressed" version of the Manbug often lives in the bottom of my pocket, ready for bigger tasks than its diminutive size would suggest. Knives like this define Spyderco to me... practical utility meets design elegance. Thank you Spyderco!

tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Awesome shot. Love that bolstered manbug!

Definitely the “year of knives stuck vertically into things in an attractive way” calendar.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Killing it abbazaba!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Forum name : VashHash
Featured knife : Spyderco Kris
This is one of my favorite knives and I really enjoy walking through the woods and looking at trees. I like the contrast of the tree bark and lichen with the contrast of the micarta and stainless bolster.

carrotsaurus

Post by carrotsaurus »

Forum name - carrotsaurus

Knife - Spyderco Delica

Long-time lurker decided to make an entry for the calendar this year. Living in Alberta, we are just a short drive from the mountains and I take every opportunity to get out there to make the most of our short summers. Since acquiring it, the Delica has been a constant companion on hiking and camping trips - trusting in the quality of its workmanship and its elegant design.
silvershade255

Post by silvershade255 »

Image[url=https://flic.kr/p/28E2xr1]

See if I can do this right. This is a native 5 2015 forum knife sticking out of a Colorado map at the approximate location of the Spyderco outlet factory. I bought this knife there on a motorcycle trip with my brother, it is my first spyderco knife. Since the start of this journey I've discovered this community and interest the company shows in it's product and customers, which has kept me around.
"Seven for One"