Spyderco Shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tcd511

Spyderco Shipping

Post by tcd511 »

So I made my first purchase with Spyderco and of course am excited anticipating the arrival of my items. That said, how long from the time you place an order until it actually ships does it take?
MichaelScott

Re: Spyderco Shipping

Post by MichaelScott »

Sometimes same day. Depends but quick.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
cptdean

Post by cptdean »

I live in Hendersonville, TN. This is more than you asked for, but a complete picture of the delivery process for me. Note that all times are MDT, so we can see the process from Spyderco's vantage.

For my first order, I received email confirmation from Spyderco at 9:50 AM on Thursday, July 12, and a shipping confirmation email from them at 9:47 AM on Friday, July 13. UPS Quantum View emailed me at 2:19 PM on Friday, July 13, with an estimated delivery date of Wednesday, July 18, but an Origin Scan didn't actually occur until 8:15 PM on Monday, July 16, and the Departure Scan was at 2:42 AM on Tuesday, July 17. The final delivery date was Thursday, July 19.

TL;DR - Although the shipment was apparently ready Friday afternoon, it doesn't appear that UPS received the package for transport until Monday evening. UPS took two days to ship once they had it on a truck.

For my second order, I received email confirmation from Spyderco at 8:27 PM on Thursday, July 26, and a shipping confirmation email from them at 9:01 AM on Friday, July 27. UPS Quantum View emailed me at 2:45 PM on Friday, July 27, with an estimated delivery date of Wednesday, August 1. An Origin Scan occurred at 9:10 PM on Friday, July 27, but a Departure Scan didn't occur until 4:12 AM on Monday, July 30. So far, it's still expected to deliver on Wednesday.

TL;DR - The order was ready on Friday and UPS picked it up on Friday, but it didn't actually ship until Monday morning. Still on track for two-day delivery.

So, for me, it only takes UPS two business days to deliver ground shipments from Golden, but UPS may or may not get the package from Spyderco on the same day as the Quantum View notification, and packages won't leave CO on a weekend.

I wasn't sweating any of the details above, but if you're the type who constantly tracks your packages you may want to allow for 2-3 days of padding for orders placed mid-week or later. I think I'll place my next order on a Sunday evening and see what happens.
Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes by itself.

Dragonfly 2
, Para Military 2, Native 5 Lightweight, Chaparral Lightweight, Para 3
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

tcd511 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:51 am
So I made my first purchase with Spyderco and of course am excited anticipating the arrival of my items. That said, how long from the time you place an order until it actually ships does it take?

All I can say is, "Good Luck". My last order from the SFO was recieved on Wednesday, July 25th, shipped from Golden 3 days after placing the order. My order arrived with two items left out of the order, yet I was charged for the entire order. I immediately sent an email to SFO requesting credit to my card for the items omitted from the package. To date, (a week after my ordeer was delivered), I have received no response to my emails, all six of them, and no credit to my card for the items shorted. My order was stuffed into a small box so two of the items I did receive, (Bug Decals), were wrinkled and damaged. I had also checked the "Opt In" box when placing my order in hopes of possibly receiving a copy of the Mid Year Product Guide. I received nothing. Absolutely nothing.....

Things have sure changed up in Golden.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Sorry you had issues with your order. Perhaps you might contact them directly, like with a phone call? Email is not always a reliable communications medium. Not getting a reply to yours might indicate other problems.

I also think jumping to conclusions that “things have changed up in Golden” is based on no evidence that they have changed (for the worse given the context you put forward). Likely other factors are involved about which we know only your version.

How about talking with someone at Spyderco before dropping bombs here?
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
sal

Post by sal »

Hi El Gato,

Sorry for your situation. I sent inquiries to the right people. Let me know what happens. It's not our normal procedure.

sal
supracor

Post by supracor »

The last mule that i have ordered arrived me in 6 days, that is a record for the US packages.
Obviously consider that I live in Northern Italy.
guywithopinion

Post by guywithopinion »

FWIW, I placed an order recently late on the 21st, delivered to me on the 26th from Colorado to the DC area. They would have gotten the order on the 22nd and it was shipped on the 23rd.