Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 St. Nick's Knives Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JohnAPA

Re: Delica HAP40/SUS410 TiCN with red G10 Exclusive

Post by JohnAPA »

I wish it had an Emerson wave.
brumledb

Post by brumledb »

I pulled the trigger on one. I am relatively new to Spyderco and would have kicked myself later on for missing out on something this unique.
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:04 pm
camvdcs wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:29 pm
Dang! I ordered it on Saturday and Sunday I get an email saying it has shipped with tracking number. That's what I call service. :)
Last night and again today I've been communicating with a representative of St. Nick's. I've been impressed with the service I've received. I won't hesitate to buy from them again.

FWIW, they didn't intend for the discount code to be used for this knife. Basically, they realized the error too late. After they turned it off some people complained that the discount code didn't work for them. They ultimately decided to turn it back on.

I was told that the run was around 500
Looks like my guess was right, they didn't intend it for this knife. I applaud St. Nick's Knives for their decision and will be sure to shop there in the future.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I ordered one. I think the price with discount is fair relative to other Spydies. It's only high in the sense that MAP pricing has made all Spydies more pricey.
I like this one much more than the Pakkawood version.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Mine's coming tomorrow! Im too excited to sleep!! :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
brumledb

Post by brumledb »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:08 pm
Mine's coming tomorrow! Im too excited to sleep!! :)
Ready to see some pics!
PStone

Post by PStone »

Just got mine. Kudos to StNicks for fast shipping! The red color is awesome. Wife said it’s a blood red. I told her it was to hide the blood when I cut myself.

Lamination lines are clearly visible. Very symmetrical too I might add.

Fit and finish is quite nice. On par with any of my other spydies. Blade is centered, action is smooth, locks up tight. The chamfering around the edge of the sxales is perfect. Not a rough edge anywhere. This will definitely see some pocket time.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Thanks for the pics!
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

Wow that looks great. St. Nick's Knives put together something special for this exclusive.

Hopefully this will sell out quickly to encourage SNK to create this combo on other models.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

BigGrove wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:19 am
Wow that looks great. St. Nick's Knives put together something special for this exclusive.

Hopefully this will sell out quickly to encourage SNK to create this combo on other models.

Agreed! A dragonfly would be awesome!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Jester, LB or MB would get my money.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mine's been delivered! Too bad I'm at work! :(
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

BigGrove wrote:

I’d also vote for going with this handle color/steel combo on the Dfly and the keychain knives (MB, LB, and I’d faint if they actually did a Jester in this flavor). Aside from the USN H1 hawksbill LBs, have there even been other TiCN-coated LBKs? Talk about a variant that’s come due (heck, it’s seriously long overdue)!! :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:27 am
BigGrove wrote:

I’d also vote for going with this handle color/steel combo on the Dfly and the keychain knives (MB, LB, and I’d faint if they actually did a Jester in this flavor). Aside from the USN H1 hawksbill LBs, have there even been other TiCN-coated LBKs? Talk about a variant that’s come due (heck, it’s seriously long overdue)!! :D

I hear ya. This is an awesome combo. Maybe the best looking one Spyderco has ever done. I applaud St Nick Knives for taking the chance on this and I hope they are able to continue this as a series such as BHQ has done with the M4/Jade G10 series. A Dragonfly would be amazing.

I have actually been asking for this red/black combo in various other threads for some time. I would love to see a new family of Golden folders in the Red G10/DLC combo. Maybe a new steel like 4V or 3V. Imagine a Native, Manix, PM2, Millie, Shaman, Para 3, etc in this combo! :eek:
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:13 am
Mine's been delivered! Too bad I'm at work! :(

Same...gotta get out of here and get home!!!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Got mine! I have to say...it's better than expected. The G10 looks and feels great!

I like all my Delicas but this is likely the nicest version yet.

On a side note...I was prepared to receive a hard time from my SO for getting another knife. When I opened the package she says "what'd you get now?..." (as if she didn't already know). When I opened up the Spydie box she got all excited and said..."holy cow they made that for me! Those are my colors...let me see that!" Then, as she handled the knife..."you should give this to me" :D
anycal

Post by anycal »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:24 pm
Got mine! I have to say...it's better than expected. The G10 looks and feels great!

I like all my Delicas but this is likely the nicest version yet.

On a side note...I was prepared to receive a hard time from my SO for getting another knife. When I opened the package she says "what'd you get now?..." (as if she didn't already know). When I opened up the Spydie box she got all excited and said..."holy cow they made that for me! Those are my colors...let me see that!" Then, as she handled the knife..."you should give this to me" :D

So you’re getting another one?

Looks good.
Peter
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

anycal wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:33 pm

So you’re getting another one?

Looks good.
Actually, no. Only buying one of these. It's hers if she wants it but she said it's actually bigger than what she'd carry. She'd take a Dragonfly though if they made one in the same configuration.
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

Great picture.

I'm really liking this version has no lanyard hole.
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

It's definitely a very very nice looking knife! Can't hate on the looks, that's for sure. Makes me tempted to give my BHQ Para 3/DLC this treatment once I get it.