2019 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
remnar

Re: 2019 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by remnar »

My image depicts the DLT exclusive Paramilitary 2 with red scales and M390 blade steel (C81GPRD2). The shot was taken high in the hills as I was being eaten alive by deer flies. I survived the ordeal with an abundance of photos so I'm not sure if this will be my final submission but I wanted to get something in before the deadline. :) :spyder:

alekseyshakaley

Post by alekseyshakaley »

Forum name: alekseyshakaley
Model: Spyderco Mantra C202TIP

I like knives of small size. They are enough for all my tasks.
Mantra is a thin knife, it is easy to wear every day. It is also a very beautiful knife, which is made of excellent materials.
Attachments
DSC_6789.jpg
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Forum Name: tvenuto
Model: C207 Ouroboros

I've always loved the Ouroboros, ever since I first held it at the Amsterdam meet. One of my favorite features is the unique grind line. I also wanted to incorporate the Spyderco box, which is something that excites every knife-knut out there, being the first thing you experience with any new knife. Here, I tried to emphasize that special grind line, and let it flow seamlessly into the graphic on the Spyderco box.

Taken with a Nikon D3400, w/ AF-S Micro 40mm 1:2.8G lens
gumaropa

Post by gumaropa »

Here is my submission for the Calendar. I have been a member for 11 years, and before that, a Spyderco user and collector for at least 15 years. Believe it or not, this is my first post! The picture below was a joint effort between my wife and I, who has patiently indulged me for all these years... Look closely, and you will find that most knives have an important story. World Trade Center, Temperance, 40th anniversary, Bushcraft, Puuko, Hossom, Volpe, Dyads, plain edge and serrated knives. There is even a special edge angle tool hidden in plain sight! Thank you Spyderco for building quality products and staying true to your values.
Attachments
Gumaropa Small.jpg
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

^Wow! The trained eye sees a lot of very cool, very rare stuff in that shot. Thanks for posting!
gumaropa

Post by gumaropa »

Many thanks tvenuto!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

remnar wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:36 am
My image depicts the DLT exclusive Paramilitary 2 with red scales and M390 blade steel (C81GPRD2).....
That's a great shot remnar!

I think it's time for me to decide which pic I'm going to submit. I have it narrowed down but still undecided lol
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:18 pm
remnar wrote:
My image depicts the DLT exclusive Paramilitary 2 with red scales and M390 blade steel (C81GPRD2).....

I think it's time for me to decide which pic I'm going to submit. I have it narrowed down but still undecided lol
You have some tough choices to narrow down to one...though I still stand by that Sliverax photo. I think I have my 3rd edit to make after this weekend!
remnar

Post by remnar »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:18 pm
remnar wrote:

Thanks Sharp Guy! :) :spyder:
KP

Post by KP »

Here is Dragonfly 2 Salt SE posing with the background of the Empire State building.
This H1 version found itself on the sandy riverbank, its perfect summer environment.

After couple of Spyderco Calendar sessions I realized that still most of the shots were in landscape mode, hence didn't make the cut. Might still substitute this one for another.
IMG_7022small.JPG
Termite Toothpick

Post by Termite Toothpick »

I love my Lil' Native! I always seem to gravitate to the smaller blades and this one is a joy to have. It is kinda beefy for it's size, so it fills the hand and is capable of daily EDC tasks. I did a little modification on this one, as I sanded the G-10 to be smooth and I really like the look and feel. Eric did a great job with this little tank of a knife!

Dragonfly G-10, Blurple PM2, Para3, Jani-Song, Dragonfly2 ZDP-189, Lil' Native, Chaparral LW, Delica WC HAP40, Para3 M4, HH UKPK S30V, Para3 LW, Para3 LW M390, Meerkat V-TOKU2, M4 Sage 5 LW, Urban Ivory Damasteel, Leaf Storm

:bug-white-red -Derek
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Member - RickC27

Model - BBS Exclusive Para 3

This picture was taken at the scrap yard at my work. In the background you can see a railroad that was built in the 1880's and is still used to this day. I thought this was a fitting place to snap a photo of my favorite user knife. I'm out in the scrap yard often and use my Para 3 to cut strapping on bundles of product that need be placed out there. Though not a large knife, this knife sure performs like one. It will stand up to any of the various tasks I put it through and hopefully be around for me to carry for many years to come, a lot like that railroad in the background.

Resized_20180718_120501.jpeg
Last edited by RickC27 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
sfotex

Post by sfotex »

I always have something sharp on me when working in the barn. Here's a shot my Wharncliffe Delica on my wife's favorite Western saddle.
spydie-small.jpg
talesk

Post by talesk »

Spyderco Manix 2 Dark Blue ;
C101GPDBL2 ;

My submission is of my favorite EDC, The Spyderco Manix.

My Manix has two homes, in my pocket or in my hand. I chose to go with a picture of my Manix in the pocket as it carries so well for me, to the point that I miss it when it's not there. If for some circumstance my knife is somewhere other than pocket, there is a void that only Spyderco can fill.

Picture taken on a walk in Alberta, Canada.
talesk-2019-calendar-entry-thumbnail.jpg
Haves: Hungarian x5, Firefly x2, Orange Dragonfly 2, Orange Delica 4, Blue Delica 4, Orange Endura 4, Sliverax, Blurple Manix 2 s110v, Burnt Orange Meerkat hap40/sus410, spy dk orange, Pingo orange, Military Fluted Titanium, Lil sub-hilt, para 3 Rex45, friction folder, cricket, techno v1 xhp, spydiechef, slysz bowie, paysan, nirvana, subvert, ikuchi, smock, shaman (4v), shaman (cruwear), drunken, Caribbean (pe sheep)
Wants: parata, kapara
In the mail:
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Here is my submission for the 2019 calendar:

Problem fixed
Forum name: Enigma
Knife: FB14P3 - SPYDERCO SWICK 3

The swick has been my edc fixed blade for the past 4 years. This knife ticks every box and is the answer to so many problems when considering which fixed blade to carry. A utilitarian and tactical masterpiece!

Lumpy620

Post by Lumpy620 »

First off, Thanks to Spyderco for hosting this thread and contest… Last year’s thread was actually my first post to the forums, after years of lurking. Good luck to everybody!

Calender Photo Low Res 1.jpg
Submission:
Forum Name: Lumpy620
Model: Caribbean Sheepsfoot
Model Number: C217GPSF

My submission for this year’s calendar contest is featuring one of my newer acquisitions, The Spyderco Caribbean, specifically the plain-edge, sheepsfoot variant. This particular shot was taken on a stop Plymouth Long Beach, during a day out on the water with my significant other, stepdaughter, and brother-in-law, on the brother-in-law’s boat, whose anchor was used as the backdrop of the photo.

I chose the model of the knife for a couple reasons. First off, because like most things in my life that I end up appreciating, the most and keep coming back to, was that the Caribbean wasn’t an instant “love-at-first-sight.” In fact, the design language didn’t really speak to me, and my primary motivation for purchase was to see what all the fuss was about with LC200N steel. However, After reading Sal’s comments on all of the little details that went into the design (for example, the G10 being machined to fit into skeletonized liners to stop the buildup of debris), and getting the Caribbean in hand, I have come to the conclusion though that the Caribbean is one of many examples of a quintessential Spyderco cutting tool: form follows function, and even amongst its Spyderco stablemates, its look is incredibly unique. As a result, I find that the Caribbean has become one of my most carried larger Spyderco cutting tools, along with my Shaman (who I almost used for my submission, coincidentally) and a variation of the Manix.
Termite Toothpick

Post by Termite Toothpick »

DirtMcGirt,

That is an awesome picture and even better post! Great idea, and you are spot on. This is a great group!
Dragonfly G-10, Blurple PM2, Para3, Jani-Song, Dragonfly2 ZDP-189, Lil' Native, Chaparral LW, Delica WC HAP40, Para3 M4, HH UKPK S30V, Para3 LW, Para3 LW M390, Meerkat V-TOKU2, M4 Sage 5 LW, Urban Ivory Damasteel, Leaf Storm

:bug-white-red -Derek
Carlito86

Post by Carlito86 »

Forum name: Carlito86
Model: Yogimbo 2
Month: August

Every year before going on holydays,I am buying a new spyderco to enjoy during my relax time. This is adding to the...several...I am buying during the year...but It helps creating the holiday feeling that helps me enjoy at max my holiday. This year we went to Minorca (Baleary,Spain) and I brought Yogi.Yogi is helping with outdoor hard tasks. I took as always several pictures: this is the one I chose. It is vertical as the calendar for next year,placed on the rocks in a hidden beach in Minorca,reflecting the light of the Ocean,diagonally the rocks cut the Ocean,vertically the yogimbo 2 is cutting as well. Girlfriend helped with the digital elaboration...I am adding for the love of knives the other pictures I took in another topic, I am in love with other pictures so I might change my selection(really hard to choose,same problem when buying knives :rolleyes: )
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
juggler

Post by juggler »

I've always wanted a Native and yet it took me years to finally get one. Now that I do own one (a G10 S110V Blurple version, no less :) ) I wonder what took me so long...
Some knives come and go; the Native is here to stay.
Attachments
S-Nation.jpg
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all its pupils.