Successful conversion to Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
renegador

Successful conversion to Spyderco

Post by renegador »

So around 2 weeks ago I ordered a DF2 in black FRN in the hopes that my wife would enjoy using it. This DF2 is her first Spyderco and first knife gift from me (shocking since the first gun preceded the marriage :eek: ).

Fast forward to today, and I have yet to see her without her DF2. She loves it and has been EDCing it which she has not done with any knife since I have known her despite having several. This weekend, when she was going out in a dress, she asked me if her knife was too noticeable... To which I responded with "you have it on you?"... and received a mischievous grin back.
It's funny because when she first started playing with the knife she claimed to not like backlocks as much as other liner/framelocks, but she now says it feels so secure that she likes the backlock on the DF2 better than her linerlocks now. Now to find her a good compression lock option to play with... :cool:

I have to say, I am very much enjoying sharing my love of both knives and Spydies, even more so than usual. Nothing beats the gifting of a bladed beauty. :spyder:
Last edited by renegador on Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
renegador

Re: Successful conversion to Spyderco

Post by renegador »

Oops
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Glad she likes it! It's nice when gifts are appreciated, and when significant others can share in your hobbies/interests.

The Dragonfly is a great Spyderco 'gateway drug'. I've given away a few.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
renegador

Post by renegador »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:14 pm
Glad she likes it! It's nice when gifts are appreciated, and when significant others can share in your hobbies/interests.

The Dragonfly is a great Spyderco 'gateway drug'. I've given away a few.
Was the first Dragonfly I'd ever handled. Surprisingly splendid little knife. Might need a second to join the family :D
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I had two DF's and then took a chance on an FRN DF. As soon as my wife saw it, she said, "Ooo nice!" and took it. Hahaha! So, I had to order another for myself. Now she has two of them and I have six. She is never without hers.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Awesome! It is great when you can share a hobby with the one you love.

While my wife doesn’t seem like she will ever share my intense enthusiasm for knives she has certainly come to appreciate quality cutlery more. She is more of a convert in the kitchen and has higher expectations there but it still brings a smile to my face that she carries a pink Native5LW that I gifted her a couple of years ago pretty much every single day.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?