Here's a Manix 2 XL Copy

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Donut

Here's a Manix 2 XL Copy

Post by Donut »

https://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives- ... 54979.html

I like Gearbest for Electronics and stuff, but their knife selection is full of copies and fakes.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
ThePeacent

Re: Here's a Manix 2 XL Copy

Post by ThePeacent »

yes, it's made by BROTHER; who also makes copies of other Spyderco models like the Police, or the P'Kal :mad:
brainfriction

Post by brainfriction »

At least it doesn't say "Spyderco"
polyhexamethyl

Post by polyhexamethyl »

still it’s total garbage, a friend showed me his new „toy“ and told me he paid 18$ for it - not even worth half of the money!
we killed it while testing - after some recommendations from me he now owns a real manix2
ScottieG59

Post by ScottieG59 »

The Chinese vendors sell counterfeits of many products and they tended to be substandard. Today, quality of the various counterfeit products vary widely, and though same may seem well made, the quality control varies. There are cultural differences between the US and China and the concept of intellectual property (IP) is very different. Where many here see IP copies as theft, it is seen as a sign of respect by many that make the copies, as they adopt the better design. Sal even brought this up in an interview as he discussed a visit to a Chinese factory. Of course, the consistency of these products vary and materials are commonly not what is sellers claim.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm more forgiving of ones that aren't branded and passed off as the real thing but it's still BS.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David