DLC M4 Para 3 with Natural G-10

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

DLC M4 Para 3 with Natural G-10

Post by ZrowsN1s »

https://youtu.be/uz66pFduUls
Well this should be dropping soon. I want... but I think I'm gonna pass on this fine blade. It's too similar to the Native I just bought and I need to slow my roll a little (got 3 knives on deck that I'll be pulling the trigger on soon). Too bad my lottery ticket didn't pan out, thought for sure I was going to win this time :D Temping as heck though... I must stay strong.... I must stay strong.

Anyways, heads up spyderville.... soon.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
hackzogan

Re: DLC M4 Para 3 with Natural G-10

Post by hackzogan »

I am not as strong as you... I will have to get this one.
bacmapei

Post by bacmapei »

I really like this combo, but I'm trying hard to not start a collection. I sold my Cru-wear when I got the s90v sprint, and I am still quite interested in the Rex45/burnt orange. I am sure that I do not need three Para 3s, but that's just my brain talking.
Smooth_Operater

Post by Smooth_Operater »

hackzogan wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:04 am
I am not as strong as you... I will have to get this one.
I agree, i saw this video yesterday. Im going to get this one. I almost bought the satin blade version but I knew this was probably going to come next.
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

bacmapei wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:16 am
I really like this combo, but I'm trying hard to not start a collection. I sold my Cru-wear when I got the s90v sprint, and I am still quite interested in the Rex45/burnt orange. I am sure that I do not need three Para 3s, but that's just my brain talking.
I hear ya. I certainly don't NEED three Para 3's...I have the BBS blue/M390 and soon enough the Rex45 and this one. Will probably end up selling my first Spyderco, the Sage 5. Just isn't getting much pocket time compared to the others in my collection these days. I'm glad I stopped listening to all the Youtube reviews that hated on the Para 3 format. It's turning into one of my favorites.
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

I think this one will be my third attempt at the para 3. I might have to swap the scales out though.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I’m still not sure about the scales on my satin version. But it’s cheaper to do nothing...
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:48 pm
I’m still not sure about the scales on my satin version. But it’s cheaper to do nothing...
What is it you don't like about them?
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

RickC27 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:22 am
bacmapei wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:16 am
....still quite interested in the Rex45/burnt orange. I am sure that I do not need three Para 3s, but that's just my brain talking.
I hear ya. I certainly don't NEED three Para 3's...I have the BBS blue/M390 and soon enough the Rex45 and this one......
That's sort of the boat I'm in. I already have the Cruwear and Maxamet, and I'm going to get the Rex45 and the BBS M390 in the near future. And as much as I love m4 and like the look of the DLC and Natural g-10 Para 3... I already have a PM2 and a Native in M4 and Jade, and I found myself asking "do I really need 5 Para 3's?" or another Jade m4 knife?... Especially with so many new models past and present I haven't laid hands on yet.

I must stay strong.... I must stay strong...
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

RickC27 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:34 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:48 pm
What is it you don't like about them?
I kinda like basic black. And Allen Putman's green micarta. I don’t particularly like the translucent nature, and they’re likely to get really grubby in use. This knife is definitely in edc rotation.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

:)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Probably going to pass on the Para 3. But if they go back and do a Millie and Native in DLC im all in!

Is there such a thing as Natural FRN? A Native LW in DLC M4 and Natural or White FRN would be an instant buy for me...probably would get a few of those.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

BHQ changing their drop day from Tuesday to Friday... aka Payday.
2018-07-25 23.20.24.png
Ric

Post by Ric »

No shipping to Europe

:( :( :(
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Hmmm... on an overnight flight from O’ahu Thursday afternoon through Friday late morning. I hope these are still in stock when I land! The satin blades seemed to hold on for a bit, maybe these will survive the first day.
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Natural frn is milky white?
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

GarageBoy wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:14 am
It depends on the lighting. I wouldn't say milky white though, but always slightly translucent. In direct sunlight it's quite vibrant, almost what you'd expect from something being glow in the dark. Some people don't care for it. I have the Manix 2 version of this knife and will certainly be purchasing this one as well. I also like the ability to dye the scales to any color you'd like if you choose to do so.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Crux

Post by Crux »

GarageBoy wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:14 am
Yes, this is apparently called "jade green". If I can get an extra one I'd dye the scales dark red. :)
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

Got my order in. Will be curious how long it takes to sell out.