Let's see those aftermarket scales and pocket clips

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Forest Green

Re: Let's see those aftermarket scales and pocket clips

Post by Forest Green »

Tribute to Bob Lum
Bob Lum large Chinese folder, shredded carbon fiber scales with Bob Lum Characters by SUIngab, https://g10.lt
Attachments
IMG_1431.jpg
Last edited by Forest Green on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Forest Green

Post by Forest Green »

farnorthdan wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:00 pm
Wow, all of these are stunners!!!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

dtoad

Post by dtoad »

The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

farnorthdan wrote:

Beautiful handles on that Mule!!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:06 pm
farnorthdan wrote:

Beautiful handles on that Mule!!
Thanks Connor, all credit goes to Chad (Xplorer) though, he put a lot of work into this one and it shows,
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

My huntin' knife: HAP40 Stretch with contoured linen micarta scales, and GITD dots. Lynch clip.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Cambertree wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:15 am
My huntin' knife: HAP40 Stretch with contoured linen micarta scales, and GITD dots. Lynch clip.

GITD dots -- a clever idea for "what to do with the extra holes!" Took me a moment to remember glow-in-the-dark -- I was thinking GIT out of Dodge? :p
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

DougC-3 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:13 am
GITD dots -- a clever idea for "what to do with the extra holes!" Took me a moment to remember glow-in-the-dark -- I was thinking GIT out of Dodge? :p
Thanks DougC-3. Yeah I got onto the whole GITD thing when I bought a glowing backspacer along with some scales from Cuscadi for my PM2. At first, I thought it was a bit of a novelty thing, but what the heck, at least it would allow me to try a PM2 backspacer and I could remove it easily enough. (The glowing backspacer actually made me think of a cutting tool from Mass Effect, if any of you are gamers.)

After a while, I actually came to like it as a feature. It didn't glow really on its own, so it wasn't noticeable in pocket, but if you hit it with a short blast from a decent LED torch, it would show up easily around camp in the evening, if it was being used as a general camp and food prep knife. Also you didn't need to worry about misplacing it, if you were caught field dressing a deer while dark came on. And I quite liked how in your tent at night or early in the morning when getting ready for a pre dawn hunt, you could put your hand out in the dark, and have your knife at hand.

You can just see the backspacer in this pic, not glowing though:

Later, when commissioning my Stretch scales from Suingab at G10.lt, I included it in the list of features I wanted, although, the smaller surface area doesn't glow as strongly as the PM2 backspacer.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

I've been test driving the "Recluse"--a deep-pocket carry clip from 5X5 Combat Solutions Exo-Tool series--on one of my Kahr Arms Delicas.

Love it...
5X5 Clip.jpg
Stay safe,

Mike
cptdean

Post by cptdean »

Michael Janich wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:02 am
I've been test driving the "Recluse"--a deep-pocket carry clip from 5X5 Combat Solutions Exo-Tool series--on one of my Kahr Arms Delicas.

Love it...

5X5 Clip.jpg

Stay safe,

Mike
Nice! I think the only way to carry any deeper is to just put the whole thing inside your pocket.
Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes by itself.

Dragonfly 2
, Para Military 2, Native 5 Lightweight, Chaparral Lightweight, Para 3