2019 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Re: 2019 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Thank you Spyderco! My favourite thread of the year.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
nurunuru

Post by nurunuru »

Spyderco Civilian

I had this idea for a Hallowe'en-themed Spydie calendar picture a couple of years ago, and last fall I actually found myself with enough time on my hands to do it! The Civilian seems to have been notable by its absence in recent calendars - maybe because it's Spyderco's most intimidating blade - but I feel it absolutely deserves its moment in the limelight. With this picture, I was looking to capture the inherent spookiness of Spyderco's scariest knife, whilst also making an image that was fun and whimsical enough to hang up on a wall! It took many, many shots waiting for the perfect evening ambience, plus some external lighting, plus a little HDR jiggery-pokery to get the glow of the eyes and the dimness of the night and the glint of the steel to all come together for the final image. Happy Hallowe'en!
spyd 2019 jpg final low res.jpg
luckydundee

Post by luckydundee »

Spyderco One Eyed Jack

I love this Knife and his story behind the name... One Eyed Jack.. A dream to go to Las Vegas! No more Words let the Picture speak.
Good luck at all and many thanks to Spyderco for this Contest.

Greetings from Germany

Markus
Spyderco One Eyed Jack Contest V - Kopie.JPG
Okan_7

Post by Okan_7 »

nurunuru wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:00 am
Spyderco Civilian

I had this idea for a Hallowe'en-themed Spydie calendar picture a couple of years ago, and last fall I actually found myself with enough time on my hands to do it! The Civilian seems to have been notable by its absence in recent calendars - maybe because it's Spyderco's most intimidating blade - but I feel it absolutely deserves its moment in the limelight. With this picture, I was looking to capture the inherent spookiness of Spyderco's scariest knife, whilst also making an image that was fun and whimsical enough to hang up on a wall! It took many, many shots waiting for the perfect evening ambience, plus some external lighting, plus a little HDR jiggery-pokery to get the glow of the eyes and the dimness of the night and the glint of the steel to all come together for the final image. Happy Hallowe'en!
spyd 2019 jpg final low res.jpg
Great Picture!!
Previously OkanSeven

17 :spyder: and growing!!
KnOeFz

Post by KnOeFz »

Oh yes, I always love the calendar threads, this gets me exited every year! :D

My entry for this year is taken in France in May this year on a hiking trip with my girlfriend.
Made a stop at a place called "Le Champ des Roches" near the town of Corcieux, a field of rocks put there by a glacier if my translation was correct ;) Made lunch there; noodles, baguette with some Camembert and some tea, with the help of my trusty orange Military. Water is almost cooking in the picture with the help of a Swiss Borde Kocher burning with a selfmade sodacan alcoholstove inside. The Borde Kocher was a gift from an uncle of my gf who got diagnosed with ALS recently, so that stove will be loaded with precious memories in the near future. :o Funny thing is he had no clue what it was when he gave it (he found it in a box cleaning out his garage) and really enjoyed the pictures of us using it in the outdoors.

The photo is taken with a simple point and shoot camera (Samsung WB700) from the digital stoneage, so not the sharpness and dof some of you guys make me jealous with, but I hope the ambiance of the outdoor setting, the surroundings and use of the knife make up for this :)

Thanks everyone at Spyderco for organizing this awesome competition and goodluck to all who enter.
Wralle

Post by Wralle »

Thank you so much Spyderco i am hoping that this year may be my year to feature!!!

Good luck to everyone, i know we are going to see some amazing pictures!
Matriarch 2, Manix 2 translucent blue, Manix 2 Carbon Fiber CPM154/S90V, Scorpious, PM2 S110V, Para 3 SPY27, Streetbeat FRN, Bug, Chaparral Rafir Noble, Chaparral Ti, Tenacious, Mule Team 21, Domino, Rhino, Spot, One Eyed Jack, Dogtag Ti, Native 5 Fluted CF, Amalgam, Coin 2017 :cool:
Spyder_Flick

Post by Spyder_Flick »

I am very excited, as this year will be my first submission. I know there are a lot of great photographers here, and I will have my work cut out for me.

Thank you everyone at Spyderco for this opportunity, and good luck to all of the submitters.
My :spyder: : Native 5 LW
JibaJab

Post by JibaJab »

I've chosen the manix because it's one of the most well rounded knives I've ever used. The blade functions for most tasks, while the handle is very ergonomic. The cruwear steel on this manix brings out amazing performance from the thin slicey blade. The scales on this manix are rit dyed blue, which brings out the diamond pattern in the g10.

Model: Spyderco Manix 2 CRUWEAR - C101GPGY2
manix2cruwear copy 5.jpg
CommercialDalton

Post by CommercialDalton »

luckydundee wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:47 pm
Spyderco One Eyed Jack

I love this Knife and his story behind the name... One Eyed Jack.. A dream to go to Las Vegas! No more Words let the Picture speak.
Good luck at all and many thanks to Spyderco for this Contest.

Greetings from Germany

Markus
Spyderco One Eyed Jack Contest V - Kopie.JPG
Great picture bud ^^
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spyderco Reinhold Rhino
From initial announcement to eventual release, this knife garnered much discussion and speculation in various threads on the forum. Being able to have it in hand, marvel at its design, and read about other forumites' experiences after so much anticipation is what makes being a member of this forum so great. Thanks Spyderco!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Nice picture, SG. ^^^ I like it. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Catalpa leaf?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:36 am
Catalpa leaf?
Good guess! Actually it's a redbud leaf
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SjoerdS_

Post by SjoerdS_ »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:39 am
Thank you Spyderco! My favourite thread of the year.
Same! I'm going to try even harder this year ;)
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Thank you Spyderco for giving us the opportunity to participate in this awesome initiative! Definitely a highlight of the year, good luck everyone!
TheArchitect

Post by TheArchitect »

Forum Name: TheArchitect
Spyderco Model: :spyder: Spyderco Paramilitary 2 S35VN Earth Brown
Spyderco Calendar Contest__TheArchitect_.jpg
If I had one word to describe the Spyderco Paramilitary 2 it would be natural. Clean flowing organic lines that naturally shape and fit the human hand. One of my favorites in the family of Para 2’s is the Earth Brown S35VN, which sits on a cut of Eastern Red Cedar.
Thanks for opportunity! Looking forward to all the great photos!
25 :spyder:'s and counting
Wralle

Post by Wralle »

For my entry this year i had gone with my favorite knife in my collection.

The Chapperal Rafir Nobel is such a beautiful knife and to me it will be a timeless classic. i took this photo on a vintage old school clock. i hope this one is good enough to get a feature i love looking at this photo, hope everyone like it as much as i do.

Matriarch 2, Manix 2 translucent blue, Manix 2 Carbon Fiber CPM154/S90V, Scorpious, PM2 S110V, Para 3 SPY27, Streetbeat FRN, Bug, Chaparral Rafir Noble, Chaparral Ti, Tenacious, Mule Team 21, Domino, Rhino, Spot, One Eyed Jack, Dogtag Ti, Native 5 Fluted CF, Amalgam, Coin 2017 :cool:
tbaker87

Post by tbaker87 »

Taken on: March 24, 2018
Model: C223GDBL - Para 3 - G-10 Midnight Blue ("Blurple") - CPM S110V

I've been to this spot so many times, but I've never actually stopped to look at it. So I did this time, and I thought it looked like a cool spot for a cool picture. I just so happened to have my Spyderco on me, so I went for it. When I first took the picture, I wasn't really impressed with it and it was just like "yeah this isn't as cool as I wanted it to be". Then I did a little editing to it and showed a few people and was just really encouraged about it... so here she is!
Attachments
B0EF81CE-9B78-4F80-9589-B461283638D1.jpeg
PaleMoon

Post by PaleMoon »

I skipped the contest last year, so I'm giving it another try this year.

Two years ago I said something along the lines of the PM2 being the ultimate EDC, but I've since changed my mind and went back to the Delica. I feel it's easily Spyderco's most enduring design; no matter how many other, often times much more unique and elaborate models I use, I always end up going back to this classic. There are so many iterations, regardless of its age, to this day it still manages to feel new to me. This photo was taken in beautiful Utah, so I guess you could call it "home" for this specific exclusive :)

The problem of a coherent civilization is the problem of living with ignorance and not being frustrated by it.
laker_cj

Post by laker_cj »

C11FPTL - Delica w/Teal FRN handle scales.

My wife's EDC; we were on vacation and walking the beach near the Mackinaw Bridge and I just said how much that knife fits in with the surroundings/colors and snapped this picture while resting the knife on a piece of driftwood.

My Owned :spyder: - Tasman Salt; Endura; Delica; Embassy; Tenacious; Kitchen Santoku; Yojimbo2; Pattada; SpyderPac; Para 3; Paramilitary 2; Ouroboros; Dragonfly; Squarehead; Ambitious; Ladybug; Kitchen Utility; Cricket; Rescue; Pingo; Native 5; Gayle Bradley Folder; Rubicon; Dice; Remote Release II; Manix; Moran Drop Point; Polestar; Ikuchi; Sliverax; Bow River; Szabo Folder