Lost Races of People living under the Earth: How realistic?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderEdgeForever

Lost Races of People living under the Earth: How realistic?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I have read claims made over the years by both indigenous native tribespeople as well as western explorers, who have made claims about legends of groups of people who, due to various reasons, left the Earth's surface and moved deep into underground caverns and over time mutated and are now carnivorous. Some people even made scary movies about it. What is the reality of such a thing happening?

This old-time farmer once told me that he believes in America's deep south east and south west and perhaps other places, there are tunnels and caverns under the Earth where there live people who long ago did this, and their descendents are horrific cannibal like people and they are hairless and blind but can hear things very well because over time their ears became better attuned to vibrations while they lost their sight. He told me he believes they are cannibalistic and also eat things like worms and bugs that get under ground. He said he once saw one when he walked by the entrance to a deep cave that was pitch black and saw something human oid like with two glaring red eyes, and he ran scared back home.

Now, legends and stories and fiction aside: What are the medical and scientific possibilities of such groups of people living like that? What would be the challenges and problems, and, could they keep themselves hidden even in our modern era with all of our electronic devices?
The Mastiff

Re: Lost Races of People living under the Earth: How realistic?

Post by The Mastiff »

Sure it's possible. There are stories of tunnels with lizard people under LA. When there is proof I will believe it.

I'd bet the old farmer was pulling your leg. That was common practice where I lived in Nebraska for whatever reason. The would compete to find the most gullible person who believed the most outlandish story. Their stories about telling stories became pretty exaggerated too. Especially after a few beers. Many used props. Ever seen a 'jackalope"? Every bar had one on the wall out there.

The farmers in Michigan on the other hand were just mean and fought all the time. Even at their wedding receptions and funerals. Some were pretty epic. :)

Joe
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

“How realistic?”
Not. Nada. No.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

...and they all have powerful rings that unnaturally extend their lifetimes...

Seriously though, I agree with Michael. Not a chance.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

In all cases, with the notable exception of undersea thermal vents, all life is based on energy provided by the sun. Cannibalims is not a long term survival strategy because eventually you run out of stock.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

There is little likelihood of people and even dinosaurs living under the earth, though that has been theorized for hundreds of years and even had books written based on the idea of the hollow earth. There may be, possibly, some places where huge voids exist under the crust, but there would be no light and no air and the heat would be intolerable. Just going down too deep in a cave or a mine can increase the temperature to unsafe levels.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Good points, and so it seems that any type of physical living creature that lives under ground at those depths would have to be something more like bacteria or non-humanoid and that does not resemble most surface life.

As was brought up, they have found some interesting species living at those deep sea vents collecting nutrients.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Elvis, Tupac and Bigfoot are all living together in an old missile silo in North Dakota. Does that count?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:07 pm
Elvis, Tupac and Bigfoot are all living together in an old missile silo in North Dakota. Does that count?
Only if they have a pet tyrannosaur.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

This is kind of interesting in a way. Because I've been doing some extensive research concerning "giants" that actually did live on the earth centuries ago and in my research I've run into some really way out people with some extremely weird beliefs :rolleyes: . As far as people living under the surface of the earth there are a lot of seemingly intelligent people that actually do believe in a "hollow earth" and hollow moon both :confused: :rolleyes: Also I was just outright blown away that there are a lot of very serious people who do indeed believe in a "flat earth" :eek: There is still a group of people who belong to a society/club/fellowship called the "Flat Earth Society" >> and I thought I was a bit of a borderline "conspiracy" type of guy :D But both of those groups are truly serious which just blows me away.

Now before you all think I need to be in a "shrinks" office getting professional help because of my belief in giants that once existed on the earth>> you all better take a close look at that one because they are finding skeletons of these big people in several places around the earth. The Bible even has record of them going all the way back to Genesis Chapter 6 up till the time of King David when he fought Goliath. But as far as underground civilizations I just don't see how that could possibly happen. It's like one post said about sunlight being such a vital component of life which is a big thing to consider. Because how could you grow crops or raise animals without it?

Now I do believe that some of the ancient people that did live in caves ( hence the name cavemen) but I don't think that they lived very deep in those caves. Because they had to get most of their resources on the surface of the planet.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

The flat earth people refuse to accept evidence and rationality along with the moon landings deniers. A weird comic fringe of society.

Could you cite some sources for who is finding big skeletons all over the place?

Although the Bible is a fundamental Christian religious work, it’s not historically accurate.

Most anthropologists today think that early man (hominins) did for the most part not live in caves. Fossil remains found there were more likely prey brought to caves by animal predators or scavengers.

Interesting research you are doing.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

Team Innovation
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MichaelScott wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:58 am
The flat earth people refuse to accept evidence and rationality along with the moon landings deniers. A weird comic fringe of society.

Could you cite some sources for who is finding big skeletons all over the place?

Although the Bible is a fundamental Christian religious work, it’s not historically accurate.

Most anthropologists today think that early man (hominins) did for the most part not live in caves. Fossil remains found there were more likely prey brought to caves by animal predators or scavengers.

Interesting research you are doing.
Well I am studying the "giants" from somewhat of a Biblical slant but I'm also looking at the work of other secular scientists as well. I've been following the work of guys like Graham Hancock ( Author of "Fingerprints Of the GODS), Steve Quayle ( stevequayle.com), Gary Wayne, Timothy Alberino and some other guys in the field of ancient archaeology. In the book of II Samuel in the Bible it describes many of these giants as having six fingers and six toes. Some of the recent finds in South America the skeletons have been found with six fingers and six toes which I find very interesting.

Also in 1909 an archaeologist name Kincaid discovered a cave in the Grand Canyon that contained some giant mummies ( most with red hair :confused: ) and since then the government has had that part of the Canyon off limits to anyone. The Arizona Gazette claims they still stand by that original 1909 story to this very day. Also he stated that there were Egyptian artifacts in that cave as well :confused: .

There is also a scientist named Michael Cremo who had written a book called "Forbidden Archaeology" who has also claimed that giant remains have been found in at least 5 of the major continents. I've listened to a lot of these guys on shortwave and other radio shows and it's been something I've had an interest in for some time. Not sure why mainstream scientists or the governments want to keep it hushed up :confused: or if it's all a hoax :confused: Just something I've developed an interest in the past few years.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

There were reports of bodies of red haired giants being dug up in mounds across the American midwest back in the 1800-early 1900's. Supposedly they have double rows of teeth. I've read it but I've never personally seen remains or double row teeth in huge skulls. 7 to 9 foot and sometimes more. It is a story that has been around for a long time in the US.

Joe
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

MichaelScott wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:58 am

I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree with you on that point, Michael. The Bible is historically accurate and has not only proven itself in this regard many times over, but also has prodigious archaeological evidence in support as well.

I don't mean to get off topic here, but I think it's a very important point.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
awa54

Post by awa54 »

SEF, have you been reading Bulwer-Lytton again?
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

JD, thanks for your sources. I will look into them. TKe me a while since I’m back on the medical treadmill again, so be patient, please.

Are you familiar with Piltdown Man?

And, for me, people saying that something exists or existed, is hearsay. Evidence rules.

Meat Man: I understand your belief in Biblical accuracy. Thanks for stating your opinion. Opening that topic is something that I won’t do here.

Best regards,
Michael

Team Innovation
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Seems like I read the old native American greeting of holding your hand up was meant to prove you were actually human and didn't have 6 fingers. A bit of useless trivia.

Joe
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Giants of 8 to 10 feet are not at all inconceivable. We have had people living in our own time that are 8 feet or a bit over. Environmental conditions were not the same back in those days, and we can account for pituitary gland issues, and other such things. Science knows that people can get taller, but do not normally do so. There are some who were just a tad under 9 ft. in recent times, like Wadlow. They do not al have bone problems, either. Jorge Gonzalez, the famous basketball player was 8 ft tall and hugely muscled. They found the skeleton of the Giant of Castelnau in a cemetary and he was 11 Ft. 6 in. (Imp). Feodor Machnow was 9 ft. 3 in. Also, people with 6 fingers and toes do exist (I had to study this in science in college) just as there are people born with tails. I personally know a woman with 6 fingers. It is funny how many people poo-poo on the bible based upon no actual evidence that it is wrong, only to have the bible proven correct, even on minute points, time and time again.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
gac

Post by gac »

No.