VTOKU Sprint Run

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
eeyore163@gmail.com

Re: VTOKU Sprint Run

Post by eeyore163@gmail.com »

When are these coming out ? I have had the stretch V Tuko preodered since December how much longer do we have to wait?
ol_lukey

Post by ol_lukey »

eeyore163@gmail.com wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:02 pm
When are these coming out ? I have had the stretch V Tuko preodered since December how much longer do we have to wait?
oh dang.. i just saw them/ preordered mine yesterday thinking it would be a week or so.. no idea people have been waiting that long.
ol_lukey

Post by ol_lukey »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:30 am
Don't cancel pre-orders now, but you will need to be actively trying to buy one when it drops. The stretch does not sell out as fast as the delica or dragonfly
dont cancel my preorder, but try to buy one when it drops? i dont really get it. if kc just let me preorder am i going to get my knife or not?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

ol_lukey wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:05 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Don't cancel pre-orders now, but you will need to be actively trying to buy one when it drops. The stretch does not sell out as fast as the delica or dragonfly
dont cancel my preorder, but try to buy one when it drops? i dont really get it. if kc just let me preorder am i going to get my knife or not?
Long story short, dealers don't know how many pieces of a sprint they will get so they leave the pre-order open. More than likely they have already had more people pre-order than they will have knives. Unfortunately, pre-orders for sprint knives are not guaranteed generally speaking this late after initial announcement .
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:43 am
ol_lukey wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:05 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Long story short, dealers don't know how many pieces of a sprint they will get so they leave the pre-order open. More than likely they have already had more people pre-order than they will have knives. Unfortunately, pre-orders for sprint knives are not guaranteed generally speaking this late after initial announcement .
I think what Spydergirl88 was previously trying to say....don't cancel your preorder with the dealer you placed it with. When the model you want starts to drop keep an eye out for a different dealer that has it in stock. When you find one available, go ahead and place your order with that dealer. Then, once you receive your order confirmation, call the original dealer and cancel your preorder.

Keeping your original pre-order open increases your chances of getting the knife you want. If you're never able to find another dealer with the knife available, there's still a chance your pre-order will be filled. That chance may be lower with models that are highly sought after but, as previously suggested, models like the Stretch aren't as popular. So there's a pretty good chance that your pre-order will be filled even though you placed your order relatively late.

The only downside to doing this is that there's a chance you can end up with two knives. That happened to me once when I didn't cancel my pre-order fast enough. No big deal for me. I just sold the second knife on the Exchange over on BF.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sakarja

Post by Sakarja »

Hey guys, i made an account just to give everyone a heads up the endura 4 vtokus dropped on BHQ last night, so keep an eye out y'all.
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

Sakarja wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:09 pm
Hey guys, i made an account just to give everyone a heads up the endura 4 vtokus dropped on BHQ last night, so keep an eye out y'all.

Thanks Sakarja, very neighborly of you!

--Andrew
~andrew
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

Sakarja wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:09 pm
YOU DA REAL MVP!
Thanks
Welcome aboard!

Shawb
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
vgex

Post by vgex »

GP Knives just listed the Endura as in-stock. I picked up one.

edited to remove link, as out of stock as of 7:55pm.
Last edited by vgex on Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Is the Endura the only one so far to drop?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Yes
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I was going to hold out for a Delica, but I talked myself into an Endura. Haven’t had a Sprint Endura since the Super Blues
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I couldn't pass up buying cruwear now I have no funds for hap40 or vtoku. Man moving and "saving" is tough stuff!
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Ripx88

Post by Ripx88 »

koenigsegg wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:03 am
I couldn't pass up buying cruwear now I have no funds for hap40 or vtoku. Man moving and "saving" is tough stuff!
Ugh indeed, I grabbed the cruwear PM2 from Knifecenter and have had the Rex-45 version on pre-order since a day after it showed up on knifecenters site. Now the V-Toku is dropping I wanted a Endura but had to pass due to funds. Really hoping I can atleast grab a dragonfly. I’ve never owned that model and would like a smaller knife since I own lots of bigger folders. I already spent 150 more then I could afford on the cruwear. **** knife addictions!
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

Ok, now that the Endura is out are there any thoughts as to what might drop next and when? I'm hoping to get either a Dragonfly or Delica.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Slumblor wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:39 am
Ok, now that the Endura is out are there any thoughts as to what might drop next and when? I'm hoping to get either a Dragonfly or Delica.
I'd like to see the Dragonfly or Delica drop next. I have both on pre-order (+Manbug) so it doesn't matter which one is first.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SpyderScout

Post by SpyderScout »

sal wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:15 pm
Bill Burke imports this steel from Takefu to supply Blade-smiths for forging. We're helping with the minimum quantity requirements for him. Seemed like a very nice steel and we thought the steel junky's might want to play. I know I want to play.

sal
Ohh, Ill play. KC is shipping mine as we speak. Cant wait.

As others have touched upon; excellent that these are offered in FRN to keep the price within the grasp of most.

I sold my Endura a while ago and look forward to another Endura and look forward to try using one in this steel
ol_lukey

Post by ol_lukey »

waiting on my stretch and having suingab make me some micarta scales.. gonna be my grail
ol_lukey

Post by ol_lukey »

my scales are done and on their way :eek: :eek: :D :D
https://imgur.com/a/kGYBaUN
now they need to hurry up and drop the knife..
SpyderScout

Post by SpyderScout »

I got a set of spare scales for my V-Toku as well.

I really dig the Spyderco coyote scales, so got these :D