paramilitary 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: paramilitary 3

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I find the ergos of the Para 3 with a Lynch clip installed to be an even bigger improvement over using these clips on the PM2, since the back end of the handle has been shortened. It's a fun knife and I look forward to the sprints/exclusives. :)

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Angryvet73

Post by Angryvet73 »

Last week I was able to pick up a Para-3 "it's the knife". I've been using Spyderco for over twenty years and if I did my research I've always been exceedingly happy, never a return for issues. The Para has a great feel, is well balanced, and very comfortable even though I have big hands. I do have a question when will we see some of the new 2017 knives available? I want a Delica-wharn, the small Nilalaka and a couple of others, none of the knife sellers have any of the new knives it's all pre-order what's up?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Angryvet73 wrote:Last week I was able to pick up a Para-3 "it's the knife". I've been using Spyderco for over twenty years and if I did my research I've always been exceedingly happy, never a return for issues. The Para has a great feel, is well balanced, and very comfortable even though I have big hands. I do have a question when will we see some of the new 2017 knives available? I want a Delica-wharn, the small Nilalaka and a couple of others, none of the knife sellers have any of the new knives it's all pre-order what's up?
They drop when they drop, even Sal won't speculate on delivery dates. You will probably see the wharn Delica sooner rather than later but pieces like the Lil' Nilakka maybe this summer. Shoot I'm hoping we see some of the mid year pieces some day :rolleyes: Really, really want a EuroEdge.

Oh and welcome to the forum Angryvet73,
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
ForealBoreal

Post by ForealBoreal »

I'm so excited for mine to come in.
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Mine from Knifeworks finally made it to Amsterdam friday evening! (was stuck in customs for about 4 days)
Great pocket rocket, great fit & finish, has free falling lock, only the first from this family where I needed to change the clip to a normal tip down carry first.. :D
Tony Clifton

Post by Tony Clifton »

How long until Spyderco releases different color version of the Para 3?

Zome...Foliage Green?
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Tony Clifton wrote:How long until Spyderco releases different color version of the Para 3?

Zome...Foliage Green?
That's a mystery. You just have to stay tuned in around here to find out. Welcome aboard the forums. Stick around a while and you will learn a lot. :)
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Termite Toothpick

Post by Termite Toothpick »

I got my Para3 in, and man, I have to say WOW! The difference from my PM2 is perfection. Other than the size difference, which is excellent (by the way), there are a few subtle improvements that just exude quality and fine craftsmanship. For example, the additional rounding of the G-10 edges, and the "Golden..." and "Spyderco..." marks being curved around the pivot point. I think this will be my go to, which means the blurple PM2 just got boxed! Oh, and I swapped the spydie clip for a Lynch NW deep carry. Now it rides low in the pocket which helps keep it hidden better, as is needed while here in Germany!
Dragonfly G-10, Blurple PM2, Para3, Jani-Song, Dragonfly2 ZDP-189, Lil' Native, Chaparral LW, Delica WC HAP40, Para3 M4, HH UKPK S30V, Para3 LW, Para3 LW M390, Meerkat V-TOKU2, M4 Sage 5 LW, Urban Ivory Damasteel, Leaf Storm

:bug-white-red -Derek
Tony Clifton

Post by Tony Clifton »

So, I contacted Spyderco thru their website about different color options for the Para 3 and I got a response today...

"The Para 3 will be soon available in Camo, black blade and S110V versions."
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

Tony Clifton wrote: "The Para 3 will be soon available in Camo, black blade and S110V versions."
I knew there was a reason I waited. This will be my first S110V.
Tony Clifton

Post by Tony Clifton »

mrtodd777 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote: "The Para 3 will be soon available in Camo, black blade and S110V versions."
I knew there was a reason I waited. This will be my first S110V.

Please school me on S110V. What's the deal?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

The scales are beautiful in color on the S110V knives. S110V needs a nuclear powered ray to sharpen...not really, but it is a bear to sharpen. However, it holds an edge for a very long time and is highly stain resistant.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Smudgie

Post by Smudgie »

Can anyone who has the Paramilitary 2 and the Para 3 with a Lynch Clip comment on how well the 3 conceals with the Lynch Clip vs how the 2 conceals? Looks like more of the handle of the 3 would show with a lynch clip. Pics of the 3 with a lynch clip in a pants pocket would be super awesome! Thanks
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Smudgie wrote:Can anyone who has the Paramilitary 2 and the Para 3 with a Lynch Clip comment on how well the 3 conceals with the Lynch Clip vs how the 2 conceals? Looks like more of the handle of the 3 would show with a lynch clip. Pics of the 3 with a lynch clip in a pants pocket would be super awesome! Thanks
Welcome to the Spyderco Forum Smudgie!

With the Para 3 a little bit of the handle is exposed but nothing like it is with the stock clip. The handle is completely hidden on the PM2/Lynch combo.

Not the greatest pics but.....

Para 3

Paramilitary 2

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Ian80

Post by Ian80 »

I just got my maxamet para 3 today. This is my new favorite! I really liked my first para 3 but sold it for some funds and when I saw the maxamet I knew that this was the one I needed! Fit and finish is superb and I can’t think of a better knife.
ferider

Post by ferider »

Finally got my first PM3. Together with my s110v Native 5, it has the honor to be the smallest knife in my collection :)

Roland.
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

ferider wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:11 am
Finally got my first PM3. Together with my s110v Native 5, it has the honor to be the smallest knife in my collection :)

Roland.
They're great little knives. I find myself buying a new version every payday. I feel like I'm playing Pokemon. Gotta catch em all. Lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Welcome to the Para 3 club ferider! I like those Ti scales!
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
ferider

Post by ferider »

Spydersense wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:00 am
Thanks !

And here you go: belote@ebay has a few copies of both Rex 45 ($139.72) and Maxamet ($185.22), guess what I just bought. :o :)
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

ferider wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:46 pm
Spydersense wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:00 am
Thanks !

And here you go: belote@ebay has a few copies of both Rex 45 ($139.72) and Maxamet ($185.22), guess what I just bought. :o :)
I've bought from belote a few times with good result.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam