Yer wife, does she appreciate Spydies and other cool things?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

Unfortunately, my wife does not like the knives and hates the firearms more! :( However, she tolerates which is all I ask as I have never liked her mother and barely tolerate her!! :eek: :D
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Hey Vox ~ That TOPs trakker isn't our.. :( We made a trip to Bangkok, Thailand last year to hook-up with our Thai buddies.. It was a meet+greet+shootin's session.. :D

Sam
java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Post by java »

More of Vox's handiwork crafted for Mrs Java:

When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Nice! :D

Sam
CKE

Post by CKE »

Mrs. CKE has a pink SE Jester and a Bob T. Jr CE that she uses to open boxes from shipments and stuff. Not really into knives but knows the difference between Spydies and the rest. She even broke down and bought me a Yojimbo for Chrstmas...should be here Monday :)
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
Concord_Bob

Post by Concord_Bob »

My better half has no less than 3 spyderco's in her purse, including a pink ladybug and a yellow firefly. I made the mistake of training her how to use handguns about 30 years ago. Since then she has been a partner in all of my fun hobbies. Now she has come to appreciate my flashlight collection......
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Samo. My wife usually carries bigger knives than me. She also carries more knives than me (one at a time). I usually stick to my old Delica, while she rotates the knives every two weeks. She was into PE but she recently discovered the advantages of serrations (due to a knife I'll talk about soon) :rolleyes:
BTW, Samo, since you got to your lady a Trakker, you should take her to see "The Hunted" - it features this knife there (and the movie isn't that bad either) ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

My wife usually carries bigger knives than me
:eek: :spyder: :eek: Whoah!!! You are one lucky dude bro! Nah, we don't have a TOPs trakker.. The one in the pix actually belonged to someone else. Mrs Samo loves her Calypso SS, Delica FRN, Perrin Bowie and a blue ladybug.. :D

Sam
Jimmy_Dean

Post by Jimmy_Dean »

Not too long ago, back when I had a woman by my side, she absolutly hated any form of knives outside of the kitchen. How can you explain such a woman you feel better when there's a knife at arm's reach in the bedroom? :D

While she didn't appreciate my knife collection, she certainly appreciated me. And even if she never said it out loud, I think some times she was glad I had some pocket knife to get us out of "trouble". The philosophy was she didn't need to carry one since I always had one and we were always together....

Sorry about the sentimentality here...
-Dean
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

My wife carries pink jesters on her keychains. A buck 110 in her purse is called her "mall knife". When she first showed it to me I thought she said "maul knife" :eek: . I am waiting to find a deal on a pink delica. It needs to be the metal clip version as she is wrong-handed. :) I would love to take her shooting and I know she'd like to go BUT (doesn't everyone you know have a big but?) it''s hard to justify paying a sitter to go shooting rather than dinner or a movie or something like that.
Hellz

Post by Hellz »

My partner also EDC's a SS PE Cricket which she uses all the time over at the stables.

If she needs more cutting power she takes her (was mine :rolleyes: ) Spyderco Lil' Temperance...

Fixed blade wise she uses a Helle Nying.

She buys me cool stuff too, she got me this for my birthday:

I'm very lucky ;)

Hellz
Hellz

Post by Hellz »

Oh, she also EDC's a Surefire G2 or Streamlight Scorpion too :D

Hellz
voxnaes

Post by voxnaes »

java wrote:More of Vox's handiwork crafted for Mrs Java:

...and that´s only because it´s for Mrs. T. -I´m not doing anymore of those pushers!! :cool:
Hoppe she´ll like it :)
Vox.
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

A small hunter in that configuration oughta look "nice" :D

Sam
Echo63

Post by Echo63 »

im not married - but my girlfriend likes me owning and carrying knives - i recently gave her my SOG Flash2 after it bit her (first person that it bit)
she loves using my delica in the kitchen and thinks my dragonfly is cute
one day soon i will get her a ss dragonfly if i can find one in PE - then get her name engraved on it.

she also likes me carrying flashlights although i noticed my CMG infinity ultra in her handbag the other day

and she has gotten used to feeling weird lumps on me when she hugs me
things like my phone and surefire L4 and my leatherman flair, and then the rescue and the paramillie

soon i might be carrying a gun at work and she doesnt really like the idea but is getting used to the idea because then she will be able to see me more often
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Now, that's one cool gurl! :cool: :spyder: :cool:

Sam
Delica_Nut

No!

Post by Delica_Nut »

My GF thinks I'm some sort of wierdo-nut-job. So I stop sharping her knives and one day she came to my and asked if I would sharping them for her. Well atlest she likes the Sharp Maker. If she wasn't cute and good in the sack I'd find some other gal to put up with my sh*t.
voxnaes

Post by voxnaes »

Delica_Nut wrote:My GF thinks I'm some sort of wierdo-nut-job. If she wasn't cute and good in the sack I'd find some other gal to put up with my sh*t.
Whiplash Baby!! I can feeeeelllll all the tender love you have in your Wierdo heart, my friend :rolleyes: ;)
vox.
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

strange.. everyone else loves Samo.. :D Gurls dig dudes with cute roundhole opening knives.. :cool: :D :cool:

Sam
voxnaes

Post by voxnaes »

Hey!!, We all love Samo with his little round head :D ;)
Vox.