Spyderco Reinhold Rhino Giveaway!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderNut

Spyderco Reinhold Rhino Giveaway!!!

Post by SpyderNut »

“The Rhino is here!” I’ve been looking forward to saying those words for a long time. Despite a few setbacks, the Rhino has finally made its way back home—and I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out! Thank you so much, Spyderco. Taichung did an amazing job on the Rhino.

I realize that the Rhino wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for the interest and support from many of my fellow Spyderco Forumites. I humbly thank you for that. At this time, I want to do something special to show my gratitude. I have a BNIB Spyderco Reinhold Rhino I would like to give away to one lucky person here on the Forum. This is a joyous occasion and I want to share this joy with you!

To enter the Contest:
1. Please post “I’m in!” in this thread.
2. Since this is Memorial Day, I think it would be appropriate to share a brief thought about a hero in your life. This person can be someone who served or is currently serving in our Armed Forces, or maybe there is a person in your life who is a hero to you in a different way. I’ll go first to get things rolling: The hero in my life I’d like to honor today is my father-in-law, Gary. I’ve known Gary for only fourteen years, but he’s been more like a father to me than a father-in-law—especially since my own father passed away when I was young. My father-in-law proudly served his Country in the U.S. Army for eighteen months in the jungles of Vietnam. He lost a lot of good friends over there. Since I’ve known Gary, I’ve learned a lot about life and what it means to be a man of character. I am very grateful for his service, but more than that, I am very grateful to have him in my life as a friend and mentor. Gary will be receiving a new Rhino for Father’s Day.

Contest Rules:
1. One entry per person.
2. The contest starts today (5/28/18) and will run until NOON (EST) on Father’s Day on Sunday, June 17th.
3. The random drawing will be held on Sunday, June 17th (Father’s Day) and the winner will be announced in this thread.
4. I will ship the knife to the winner shortly after receiving the winner’s address.
5. The only “stipulation” for this contest is that the winner must actually USE and ENJOY this knife! After all, that's what it’s made for.

THANK YOU all again and best of luck! 😊

-Michael

:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
mb1

Re: Spyderco Reinhold Rhino Giveaway!!!

Post by mb1 »

I’m in and thanks Michael! I don’t have a hero so much as I’m just thankful for all who have served and sacrificed and shed blood for our freedom. What a high cost, but how very sweet it is to be free.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I’m in!

Thanks for the opportunity Michael.

A person that has made a huge difference in my life and the lives of others is my Sergeant. He is about to retire after a long career as a police officer. I don’t think I’ve ever met someone that works quite as hard as he does. He is constantly motivating me to “get it done” and pushes me to do better. I will certainly miss him once he’s retired but I know he will still be around to keep me in check. :D

Thanks again for the contest. Great design!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I'm in!

Great idea Michael. Sometimes we can get caught up with vacation plans and lose sight of what this day is actually all about.

I'd like to specially recognize my late honorary grandfather who served in WW2 in the Philippines and in Germany after the war. He passed away on my 10th birthday, a very upright and honorable man who served his country well. We all admired and looked up to him.

Thank you to all those who have served in the defense of this country!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

I'm in.

My dad served in Vietnam. Since then, his whole life has been one long act of ministry. He's also the guy that taught me to like knives.
KnOeFz

Post by KnOeFz »

Count me in please!

Thanks for the generous chance Michael!
Such a beauty you're giving away.

One of my hero's is my grandpa who passed away 10 years ago already.
He gave me my very first pocket knife and alway carried one himself, guess that's where my love for knives started..
I respect hime for the time he spent in ww2 and really never wanted to talk about much.

Goodluck everyone! :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm in!

The biggest hero in my life has no doubt been my mother. She wasn't in the military or anything but being a single mother of 3 boys, I could go on for days about all the battles she fought and won for us.

Thanks for the opportunity and thank you to all who do serve.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

I'm in!

I have a couple heroes in my life that know who they are, but I also would like to acknowledge all who serve and dedicate their lives to the greater good. We are proud and grateful, and I am glad we have this day to remember the sacrifices made on our behalf.

Cheers,
Andrew
~andrew
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

Fields of heroes

I may add headstone pics of some I knew, and others.

"By brooks too broad for leaping
the lightfoot lads are laid."

Thanks to all for their service, and the sacrifices borne by self, family, and loved ones.

Congrats to you Michael on your fine Rhino design, come to fruition at last.

Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I'm in!

Cpl. Anthony T. McElveen was a classmate and great friend of mine in high school. He was a black belt in taekwondo and I wrestled and we'd spar in the wrestling room during weight training class. After 9/11 he felt moved to join the service and became a great marine. Sadly he was killed in action December 1 2005 by an IED. He was a couple months from returning home from that tour of duty. He never had children of his own, but I named my firstborn son Anthony in his honor. He's exactly the kind of man I hope my son's can grow to be.

https://www.brainerddispatch.com/conten ... mcelveen-0

My son at the grave of his namesake.
Last edited by Sjucaveman on Mon May 28, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I'm in!

On this memorial day, I'd like to honor my cousin Tim! Though he is 2 years younger than me, I still look up to him as a role model and I have always admired his character. We grew up together as close friends, and Tim was always so passionate, proud of his heritage, and devoted to his family. From an early age, he knew he would be joining the US Marine Corp to not only serve the country he loves so much, but to follow in the footsteps of his grandfather and other family members. In November, it will be 8 years since he graduated from Parris Island and he has served proudly ever since. I'm grateful for his service to our country! I would also like to extend that appreciation to all of the men and women bravely defending our country!

Also, congratulations Michael! I can only imagine how good it must feel to have your own design in production! The Rhino is a beautiful design, and whether or not I'm lucky enough to win, I'm excited to get my hands on one! Thank you for hosting the giveaway, it's very generous and I appreciate the opportunity! :spyder:
-Nick :bug-red
Oogie

Post by Oogie »

I’m in!

Like Michael, one of the hero’s in my life is my Father-in-law. He served in the Coast Guard through retirement. Like many who served, he isn’t comfortable boasting about his service and what he has contributed. Good stories/memories shared with good people is about as close as you can generally get.
soulspy

Post by soulspy »

I'm in!

My hero is my father who dedicated his service in the medical field to the uninsured and poor. He just retired after 40 years in private practice in a small town. After all that time, seeing him worried for some of his oldest patients, whether they would be able to find another doctor to help them, it was very touching.
anycal

Post by anycal »

I am in!

Very nice gesture on this day of remembrance. I have fond memories of my grandfather, who fought in WWII.

Summer is here!
Peter
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I'm in. Thank you Michael for having this contest. Your patience and good attitude shown here despite setbacks in the release are admirable.
My hero in my life is my mother, greatest person I've ever known.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
elena86

Post by elena86 »

I am in !

My hero is my grandmother. Enough said.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
mikeh99

Post by mikeh99 »

I am In!

Kudos to my nephew serving active duty in the USAF and a newly promoted MSgt.

Thank Michael.
Mike
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

Great looking knife! I'm in.
Justin
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

I'm in!
"Heroes" that pop up in my mind is my great grandfather, whom i thanks to recently receiving his saber to accompany the portrait granddad gave me years ago think about a lot. Also my granddad is a hero, living off the land and sea, growing tobacco during WW2, and during my childhood he grew strawberries and brussel sprouts. I have many fond memories of the hectic activity with all the pickers arriving on bikes, in cars and on foot.
And in the middle of it all he'd take the shotgun from the wall and tell me, it's time to bring home a couple pheasants, want to join me?
Below is my great granddad and the saber that is now in my possesion, to keep and pass on.

"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Thank you the very generous giveaway Michael! I can only imagine how pleased you must be to see one of your designs become an actual Spyderco model. It was a long time coming with lots of bumps in the road but I have no doubt that Sal & Co made it well worth the wait.

That said...I'm in!

I have, and have had, a lot of heroes in my life. Keeping with the Memorial Day theme I will choose my son Colin for my hero. He took a big step right out of high school to serve our country as a U.S. Marine. He's spent the last few months on his first deployment overseas and should be on his way home soon. I'm extremely proud of my son and thankful for him and all the rest of the men and women who serve, or have served, our country and other countries throughout the world.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!