VTOKU Sprint Run

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Reject

Re: VTOKU Sprint Run

Post by Reject »

What's going on with the Delica V-Toku2?
Are they out yet?
How much can a Koala bear?
Strider

Post by Strider »

Reject wrote:What's going on with the Delica V-Toku2?
Are they out yet?
Unless I completely missed it, I do not think any of the vtoku2s have been delivered.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

IS this stuff too hard for Spyderedges like ZDP-189 was?? About time we got to test drive another Japan supersteel. When will this one be available?
Reject

Post by Reject »

Strider wrote:
Are they out yet?
Unless I completely missed it, I do not think any of the vtoku2s have been delivered.
A bit of confusion on my part. I have a pre-order in on the Delica and the Endura at Knife Center.

When checking on the order the Delica came up as “Discontinued. This product is no longer available”. It seems that this was because they have stopped taking pre-orders on them.

I at first thought that it meant, that the Delica had come and was already sold out before I could get one. Checking other sites didn’t make it any clearer. :o Hence the question.
How much can a Koala bear?
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Reject wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:14 pm
Strider wrote:
Are they out yet?
A bit of confusion on my part. I have a pre-order in on the Delica and the Endura at Knife Center.

When checking on the order the Delica came up as “Discontinued. This product is no longer available”. It seems that this was because they have stopped taking pre-orders on them.

I at first thought that it meant, that the Delica had come and was already sold out before I could get one. Checking other sites didn’t make it any clearer. :o Hence the question.
I have a Stretch on order at KnifeCentre and last night thought I'd order a Delica as well but I couldn't find one on their site at all, 'Discontinued' or otherwise. :confused:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Strider

Post by Strider »

Well their preorders are all gone they change it to discontinued.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

I have a pre-order through KC for the Vtoku Endura and they send me an email weekly.
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

I cancelled my preorder with KC because of the PM3 cru ware preorder debacle. Was planning on getting the dragonfly from W&W. Now I’m not able one at all. Bah.
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
attila

Post by attila »

adancingmonkey wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:14 pm
I cancelled my preorder with KC because of the PM3 cru ware preorder debacle. Was planning on getting the dragonfly from W&W. Now I’m not able one at all. Bah.
Canceling your preorder only guarantees that you won't be able to get one through KC. If your preorder was early enough, you'd have had no problem. Now, you're gambling and could miss out on a sprint run if you aren't careful. I recommend always leaving sprint run preorders in place until you find one somewhere else, just to cover your bases a bit better. Good luck.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

attila wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:05 am
adancingmonkey wrote:
Canceling your preorder only guarantees that you won't be able to get one through KC. If your preorder was early enough, you'd have had no problem. Now, you're gambling and could miss out on a sprint run if you aren't careful. I recommend always leaving sprint run preorders in place until you find one somewhere else, just to cover your bases a bit better. Good luck.
I think you’re out of the loop. The Canadians customs agency is banning the importation of many folding knives across the boarder. My problem is that warriors and wonders can no longer bring them into the county to sell, nor can I buy them from anyone in the USA and have them mail it to me.
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
attila

Post by attila »

adancingmonkey wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:17 am
attila wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:05 am
adancingmonkey wrote:
I think you’re out of the loop. The Canadians customs agency is banning the importation of many folding knives across the boarder. My problem is that warriors and wonders can no longer bring them into the county to sell, nor can I buy them from anyone in the USA and have them mail it to me.
Sorry, I didn't know you live in Canada. I'm sure you'll forgive me being out of that loop.

That's a tough spot you're in, though, and I hope it gets better soon.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

Based on past history, it could be months before they show up. I'm leaving my pre-order in place, no reason not to.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I'm going to need these to start dropping soon... I want the delica, stretch, and manbug
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:49 pm
I'm going to need these to start dropping soon... I want the delica, stretch, and manbug
That’s exactly what I want. :)

Stretch and Manbug are ordered (KC) but the Delica’s are unavailable everywhere I’ve looked and now I’m sad. :(
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
SG89

Post by SG89 »

The mad dash to all the different websites checking if they are in stock when they start trickling in is the funnest part. Pre-orders take the sport out of it lol
Spydergirl88
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:49 pm
I went with Delica, Dragonfly, and Manbug. I may end up picking up a Stretch too but I don't use the two I already have. So I really don't need another. I might end up regretting that decision.
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:00 pm
The mad dash to all the different websites checking if they are in stock when they start trickling in is the funnest part. Pre-orders take the sport out of it lol
The hunt is fun but it can also be a little nerve wracking. Especially when desirable models are involved. I used to work from home so it was easier to keep an eye on the web as things start dropping. My current job is a little more hectic so it's more difficult for me to get what I want. Early pre-orders make things much easier.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Haven't placed any preorders, but I've been fairly lucky finding what I'm after, in stock, when they're available.
The Stretch 2 is at the top of my list from the VTOKU sprints! The HAP40 Stretch was my biggest surprise from any Spyderco yet. Bought it to try out HAP40, but ended up finding it to be one of the most comfortable Spydies I have. A real "sleeper" in the series! With that said, I'm eager to get the VTOKU Stretch 2!

I'd say the Delica and Dragonfly are next on my list ;)
-Nick :bug-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

From Sal over on BF...

"I thought I saw Manbug?

sal"
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Roejimbo

Post by Roejimbo »

Hey, let me ask you guys, if i placed a pre-order for the Stretch on KC a week ago, (and i did) am i pretty much WAAAAAY to late? Why do they even accept pre-orders if there is such a limited quantity? Ehh, im not going to cancel it because i guess simply the fact that i was able to placed a pre-order means there is "some" possibility of getting the order filled... But man, i want that stretch! such a purdy knife!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Don't cancel pre-orders now, but you will need to be actively trying to buy one when it drops. The stretch does not sell out as fast as the delica or dragonfly
Spydergirl88