The Big Bug

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MichaelScott

The Big Bug

Post by MichaelScott »

My Forum Badge came yesterday. I like it and I don’t. For its intended purpose of readily identifying a forum member at Blade Show and similar events it is fine. Good idea. I had mistakenly assumed that it would also be suitable for putting on a nice chain and wearing it often, not necessarily at events. For that it is too big.

So, I would like to see the same bug, sans forum name, about 1/2” in diameter that one could wear as knife nut jewelry. I would certainly get one of those too.

For me, that would be preferable to a tattoo.

Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
tvenuto

Re: The Big Bug

Post by tvenuto »

The knives ARE knife nut jewelry. But I see what you're saying. Haven't gotten mine yet, and I really had no plans to wear it in any case, just another piece of spyderco enthusiast bric-a-brac.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I am wearing mine right now in my house. When I put it on it reminded me of winning medals in track. Brought a smile to my face. I will probably use it as a prop for my spyderco pictures. Did yall get a sticker? Haven't seen the design before, pretty cool
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I did get a new sticker. Had not seen that one either. I really like my bug, especially with my forum name on it. May hang it from my rear view and slip it on next time I visit SFO. And, I'd love a smaller bug to wear with my medical "dog tag".
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

Team Innovation
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I bought two. I was planning on putting the extra on my dogs collar. It seemed fitting since my username was my dogs nickname. She is my avatar pic and sadly is long gone but I thought it would be a nice tribute to have my current dog wear it. Looks to be too big for that.

I will probably keep one new (not sure why?) and hang the other one from my mirror in my truck. I will also definitely use it for a prop in my pics too. :) I must admit that this is the first time I have wished my user name was my real name.

That all sounds pretty negative. I am actually super appreciative that Sal made these happen! What an amazing keepsake and one of these years I will make it to blade. :D
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I also hope I didn't come across as negative. I really like mine and it is unique to each forum member. I still suggest that Sal, et. al., consider a smaller one, even without the forum names, that could be worn on a necklace.

Team Innovation
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Might be an idea for the future to real name on the reverse.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I wouldn't mind a small pendant about the size of the lapel pin. Something nice enough to not look like it came from the hippie shop at the mall..
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I put a lapel pin on my ball cap. I like the look a lot.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 1:13 pm
I am wearing mine right now in my house. When I put it on it reminded me of winning medals in track. Brought a smile to my face. I will probably use it as a prop for my spyderco pictures. Did yall get a sticker? Haven't seen the design before, pretty cool
New sticker? Cool. Got a picture? :)
SG89

Post by SG89 »

AlexRus wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 4:02 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 1:13 pm
New sticker? Cool. Got a picture? :)
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

I’m gonna chuck mine on my knife bag, good bit of fun :)
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

I've got mine and really enjoy it. It serves its purpose as a name tag. The finish is nicer than I expected.

That said, I support the request for a smaller blank Spyderco bug pendant!
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Evil D wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 2:35 pm
I wouldn't mind a small pendant about the size of the lapel pin. Something nice enough to not look like it came from the hippie shop at the mall..
Lol. Me too.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

I don’t have mine yet and going by what I’ve seen they do look a little bigger than I expected.

Either ways I think they’re a wonderful gesture by Spyderco and I’m very appreciative for something so personal and unique.

Bravo Zulu Mr Glesser! :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Bloke wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 3:19 am
I don’t have mine yet and going by what I’ve seen they do look a little bigger than I expected.

Either ways I think they’re a wonderful gesture by Spyderco and I’m very appreciative for something so personal and unique.

Bravo Zulu Mr Glesser! :)
I think it looks small compared to what I read about most Australian bugs ...
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 3:37 am
I think it looks small compared to what I read about most Australian bugs ...
Ah, hahaha! :)

Chris, we’ve got bloody mozzies that could likely pick up these little bugs and fly away with them. :rolleyes:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Got mine yesterday and I love it! Most makers make a pass tag that is about the size of a friggin IPad which I’m not a fan of so this was perfect. Will make a great memorabilia piece as well.

Rich
Think for yourself