It's True Life Is Not Fair>> medically speaking for sure

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

It's True Life Is Not Fair>> medically speaking for sure

Post by JD Spydo »

It's absolutely true>> "Life Isn't Fair" :( :mad: And if you're wondering why I've been away for over a week it's because I had to get a knee replacement :mad: What ticks me off is that I just got both these knees replaced in early 2014 :rolleyes:

Yeah the replacement barely lasted 4 years and that is just not right at all :( I've never taken anyone to court in a lawsuit in my entire life but I've already got an attorney working with my current Ortho Doc. Even the Doctor was amazed that it wasn't but 4 years old :confused:

Hey don't get me wrong because I do thank GOD about what Doctors are able to do in this present time and overall I'm extremely thankful for what our medical community is capable of doing but there is something horribly wrong with this picture and I'm here to tell you guys who have never had a knee replacement they are an advanced lesson in chronic pain :eek:

No I'm not at all looking for a shoulder to cry on but rather just want to compare notes to see if anybody else here at Spyderville has had that type of rotten results. It's so bad this second go-around that even the high powered pain pills aren't even hardly working. If I didn't know better I would almost conclude that someone is really advanced with the work of "VooDoo Dolls :eek: :rolleyes: Any constructive feedback will be highly appreciated. And it looked as though I was going to get to make the BLADE Show this year just to make matters more irritable :rolleyes:
The Meat man

Re: It's True Life Is Not Fair>> medically speaking for sure

Post by The Meat man »

Sorry to hear that JD!! That must be terribly frustrating. I hope you get things figured out and settled soon.
I will be praying for your relief and recovery.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

That doesn’t sound like much fun at all Joe and I’m very sorry to hear. Good luck with it all and I hope you’re over the worst of it and on your way to a full and speedy recovery. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Hang in. I know it’s tough but so are you. I too would be talking with a good lawyer. Wouldn’t want an incompetent doc to continue practicing on others.

I thought my cancer was gone. Was assured of it by an oncologist. Turns out he was wrong. Maybe he made an honest mistake but now it’s stage 4 and I have to deal with it. Not going to make it my life though. I’ll fight it and live as well and good as I can. I’m sure you will do the same.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MichaelScott wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:07 am
Hang in. I know it’s tough but so are you. I too would be talking with a good lawyer. Wouldn’t want an incompetent doc to continue practicing on others.

I thought my cancer was gone. Was assured of it by an oncologist. Turns out he was wrong. Maybe he made an honest mistake but now it’s stage 4 and I have to deal with it. Not going to make it my life though. I’ll fight it and live as well and good as I can. I’m sure you will do the same.
Thank you very much for the kind words Michael :) And please folks this is not meant to be an "anti-doctor" thread because if it wasn't for good doctors I know I wouldn't be here today. But for one of the two extremely high dollar knee replacements I got in the year 2014 to only last for 48 months to me is just not acceptable with today's super technologies :( That rocked me financially for well over 3 years :rolleyes:

And I can't tell you guys how much it bankrupted my overall lifestyle and literally killed my knife hobby and all my other great pasttimes. I was just getting to the point to where I thought I was going to finally be able to make it back to the BLADE Show again this year and then this happened :( :confused:

But Brother it sure seems like you're fighting a monster 20 to 50 times worse than the one I'm fighting and believe me my sincere prayers are with you and two other Brothers here at Spyderville that I've been chatting with recently>> and I know are there are more forum members facing some huge medical mountains as well. The only reason I actually put this thread up was that I really want to know if I'm the only one that is getting a bad, sub-standard joint replacement??>> or if some doctors are just doing a "gas station" operation ( get them in and out ASAP) :confused: And I do thank all of you for the kind words of support. I admit it I'm kind of weinie when it comes to back, neck and major joint pain. But the point is that I shouldn't have to be doing this again so soon :confused: :confused: ????
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

Two years ago I found out that I had Pancreas Cancer. Been getting regular scans after my surgery and they say it is gone. But like MichaelScott (above) and the rest of us cancer survivors, we do the best we can with cards we are dealt and enjoy each day to the fullest. I try to follow my own advice in my signature line as much as possible.

Sorry to hear about your upcoming new new knee. That really stinks.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

I worked for awhile at a Medical Device manufacturer. Got tired of banging my head against the wall and resigned eventually. One of the happiest moments of my life was when I heard about a year later the VP Operations ("I don't care....SHIP IT.") was shot in the back and killed by his girlfriend.

Don't try this at home, boys and girls.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Yea once you’re in the medical system...good luck. Interventions tend to lead to more interventions. That’s a big reason I worked in fitness for 8 years: trying to keep as many people from getting sucked into the medical system vortex as possible. Obviously there are things you need doctors for, and not everything is preventable, but as you’ve seen these things come up and can be devastating.

And when I say good luck I really do mean it, not in a dismissive way. Rest up and get well soon, nothing worse than feeling broken.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

It is frustrating. Most knee replacements last at least 15 years and many far more. My wife is facing that, right now. I developed a heart problem for no known cause and no obviously problems in my heart. The doc has tried all sorts of medicines on me and they all made me so sick I could not get out of bed, or if I did, I would have to lay down in public and could not get up. Most of these people have few problems, but not me. Another one made it so I could not breathe (not good). After 4 1/2 years of this, the doc gave me a powerful drug that is only taken by most people with caution. I started on it about two weeks ago and feel much better. The doc things I am weird and so does my wife. HAha!

There is never anything certain in medicine. Even cancer can come back for no known reason. I have had two cancer free friends suddenly, after a week, and one after a year, of being cancer free, had their cancer come back and they did not make it. On the other hand. I have had friends who were completely fine after many years. In the words of Chuck Berry, "You never can tell."
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Man JD I have compassion for you my friend and what you are going through.

I wish the nanotechnology promises would become real sooner than they appear to so these things could be put behind us once and for all.

One of the ideas that are not yet working reality is to have microscopic molecular nano mechanisms that can herd the cells together and repair and regenerate all forms of tissues, from bone and skin to brain and heart tissues.

Like this image of a nano robot right here:

https://www.azonano.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=4858
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

shunsui wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:04 pm
I worked for awhile at a Medical Device manufacturer. Got tired of banging my head against the wall and resigned eventually. One of the happiest moments of my life was when I heard about a year later the VP Operations ("I don't care....SHIP IT.") was shot in the back and killed by his girlfriend.

Don't try this at home, boys and girls.
If we only knew the half of what is going on in corporate America it would no doubt make you want to puke :( I'm just wondering if the FDA or any other governmental agency is policing or requiring strict quality control standards in a lot of this high-tech medical hardware. However I think it's like an industry that I one time worked in ( funeral/mortuary business) where they pretty much allow them to police themselves. And it seems like lawyers are also given this benefit of the doubt so to speak.

The bottom line is that the consumer is the one most usually left holding the bag so to speak :( Thanks for sharing that with us "Shunsui">> because I would much rather know the truth no matter how bitter it is :(
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

tvenuto wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:44 pm
Yea once you’re in the medical system...good luck. Interventions tend to lead to more interventions. That’s a big reason I worked in fitness for 8 years: trying to keep as many people from getting sucked into the medical system vortex as possible. Obviously there are things you need doctors for, and not everything is preventable, but as you’ve seen these things come up and can be devastating.

And when I say good luck I really do mean it, not in a dismissive way. Rest up and get well soon, nothing worse than feeling broken.
That's an extremely interesting way to look at the situation "Tvenuto" because there is no doubt that the legal system is the very same way. I've got a very close friend and his daughter (22 years old) just recently got a stiff prison sentence ( 8 years) for Marijuana possession>> now that wasn't the only thing that she had gotten in trouble for. She has over the past five years gotten herself stuck in the "legal system" with several minor infractions and is finding that it is now virtually impossible to get out of the system or to have much if any hope of any kind of remedy for her situation.

Now of course the medical system and legal system are two completely different entities but they sure seem to generate funds in a similar manner.

I've got another friend here in Blue Springs Missouri who had been a millionaire ( 2.5 Million) ( inheritance) but do to loss of health insurance and his overall health diminishing he is now living in a government housing project and so poor that he's always waiting anxiously for his next disability check :rolleyes: . Because once they figured out that he had all that money it was unbelievable all the tests, procedures along with orders of medical hardware like wheel chairs, prosthesis ect ( he had his leg amputated, diabetes ) and several other medical charges that they racked him up with. It didn't take them but about a little over two years to finally get virtually everything he had.

His situation was a little complicated and I urged him to get an attorney but he was naive and believed the system was fair and now he is virtually in the poor house.

Yeah once you get into the legal system or medical system they have no heart what so ever. You're absolutely spot on with your observations "tvenuto". I could go into detail with at least 4 other examples but I won't bore you all :(
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I disagree. Globally, people in general are more healthy than ever before. During my fight with cancer over the last five years everyone in the medical field I have dealt with — from home to Denver, Albuquerque, Los Alamos and Seattle have been kind, caring and effective. I have adequate insurance. Without them I would be dead now.

Much of what I have read here seems both hearsay and conspiracy tinged. The evidence says otherwise.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Unfortunately there is no way to A/B test this. You can’t go back in time, coach JD on how to move better, eat better, and then see if he still needs these knee replacements. The evidence is that he “needed” them once, the intervention did not have the intended effect, and now he needs them again. He was told the fix was knee replacements, and perhaps it was indeed his only or at least his best option...ONCE HE GOT THERE. My goal was trying to prevent people from getting there. I have no doubt about two things:

1. This was preventable. JD is not some sort of defective human that was inexorably destined for replaced knees.
2. JD would have taken the “non-knee-replacement” path if it was laid out for him and it was in his ability to do.

My argument is that in that vast majority of cases, choosing the non-intervention path IS in a person’s ability to do. It might not be easy or straightforward, and it involves more personal responsibility than most people are comfortable with, but it’s my belief that it is possible for many such chronic/degenerative issues. I’m not saying to avoid interventions once they’re needed, I’m talking about minimizing or eliminating their necessity in the first place.

I’m quite sure his doctors were compassionate and probably believed that this was the correct intervention. Clearly the outcomes were not what was promised or at least what was expected. My point is that if you can take the non-intervention path, you will be better off.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I’m certainly no expert but 4 years is ridiculous. My very best wishes for a good and speedy outcome.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Good luck to you Joe. As good spirited and cheerful as you always been you must be in a great deal of pain. You have always been a strong one. Prayers sent.

joe
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

More prayer, earnest, fervent prayer my friend. James 5:16. get together with your best buddies.
O.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Prayers to you Joe, Michael, Doc, and our fellow Spidieville members going through the suffering of illness and pain.

@tvenuto,

Totally agree. Unfortunately not many have the opportunity or environment that’s supporting non intervention method. Spreading awareness is a start.

I have not taken any antibiotics once in at least 10 years, except 2 years ago when the body couldn’t fight back with resting. Thankfully haven’t since.
Chris :spyder:
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

If I may ask this question in this thread since it is about severe medical problems and the issue of problems with the development of new medical technologies was mentioned, what do you all think of the claims made over the years about "suppression of curative medicine"? Is there truth to this or is it just speculation?

One reason I ask is because I have read a book on that subject and the author claims that the medical establishment and corporations actively suppress any new medical or health discovery that would actually cure major diseases and conditions because of the billions or more dollars they would lose world wide.

The author claimed that the pharmaceutical corporations and the societies and doctors-based groups for such things as heart disease, cancers, diabetes, and other conditions bring in billions of dollars or more world wide and they suppress and ignore and make it impossible for those whom can bring forth say a cure for these things.

One of those mentioned in the book was a man named Raymond Rife. I looked him up and I found some things. Here is some information from Wikipedia and a website about him:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Rife

http://www.royal-rife.com/

Rife definitely was a very educated and talented engineer and microscopist, and according to the data I read, he discovered that he could generate certain electrical frequencies using an electrical optical "Ultra Microscope" and not only could he SEE ACTIVE VIRUSES but he could destroy them with the right applied frequencies.

Rife claimed that cancers are caused by viruses, or at least some are, and the viruses and the cancerous cells as well as dangerous bacteria can be destroyed with his devices and proven objective medical tests and uses cured people of many conditions.

Sometimes this overlaps with claims of advanced free energy technologies and the suppression of those. There is a claim that there is a common thread about energy in these things: That there is a universal energy field that is the root of all quantum fields and matter and energy and if we had the right mechanisms we could tap into this quantum energy field and produce unlimited cheap or free electricity for everyone, manipulate gravity to make flying vehicles, and regenerate cells and cure all physical diseases.

The physics and medical establishment claim this is all pseudoscience and quackery and fakery.

Now, I have seen there are many real quacks out there who are taking advantage of people and lying and some of the "replications of Rife machines" are clearly fakes.

But I welcome your views on this everyone. Michael, JD, and others, what are some reasons why such "Super medical (and other discoveries) technology suppression" would not work?

Someone once told me that one problem is this: Too many people would have too much to gain by getting this science released to the public and making money off of it or for moral reasons to go along with the suppression. And since we have already seen alot of suppressed things leaked out and exposed, things of this magnitude would not remain secret and suppressed for long.

However, the people who claim the suppression is real and continued claim that the powers that be use draconian and violent tactics to keep it suppressed, and also use "compartmentalization" to make sure those engineers and scientists involved in the technology do not have all the pieces so even if they did come forth they could not reveal everything.

What do you think is the real truth about these claims? A mass of fakery and collective delusion or real, or, could some of it be true and other parts of it be false?
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Sounds like pure conspiracy nonsense to me. I confess I have very little patience for that sort of thing. :rolleyes:
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"