What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RickC27

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by RickC27 »

Bdubs808 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:09 pm
Paramilitary 2 M390 blade swap into carbon fiber handle from the KW exclusive:
Awesome swap, my dream combo right there!
hom76

Post by hom76 »

elena86 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 5:08 am
I like the scales of your avatar Dfly .... where did you get those ? I’d like to order a pair for my N690Co LW Urban. Thanx
The scales of that DF are grooved g10 made by Cuscadi

And I have ordered a pair with the same grooved pattern in carbon fiber for my urban too and really love it.

Last edited by hom76 on Wed May 09, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5x5 Combat Solutions

Post by 5x5 Combat Solutions »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 5:29 pm
5x5 Combat Solutions wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 2:19 pm
A Google search of my user name will get you where you want to go. Don't want to ruffle feathers or be perceived as advertising on the forum.
It sure does seem like that's your sole purpose for posting. 3 out 4 of your posts just happen to mention products you sell. :rolleyes:
I am simply answering the question "What Spyderco is in your pocket today?" with an honest answer. They say, "don't ask questions that you don't want to hear the answer to." I was under the impression that Spyderco enthusiasts had an interest in all things Spyderco related. Again, not trying to ruffle feathers...
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Resized_20180509_113314.jpeg
Brought a little variety for my Benchmade buddy at work to check out. He doesn't think there's a small knife that can compete with his mini grip...Chaparral says "challenge accepted" He liked my Para 3 yesterday, figured I'd bring the PM2 as well today since his hands are on the larger side. I'm going to convert him over to Spyderco, I know it haha. He's already impressed with all the different steels they have to offer.
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

RickC27 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 11:02 am

Brought a little variety for my Benchmade buddy at work to check out. He doesn't think there's a small knife that can compete with his mini grip...Chaparral says "challenge accepted" He liked my Para 3 yesterday, figured I'd bring the PM2 as well today since his hands are on the larger side. I'm going to convert him over to Spyderco, I know it haha. He's already impressed with all the different steels they have to offer.
I keep trying to convince myself to try a benchmade but always end up with another spyderco. Their handles just don't look ergonomic and there are so few steels to choose from.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Sjucaveman wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 11:14 am
RickC27 wrote:

I keep trying to convince myself to try a benchmade but always end up with another spyderco. Their handles just don't look ergonomic and there are so few steels to choose from.
I agree, he's brought a good 10-12 of his in and I was surprised that a lot of them are either 154CM or to them, top of the line S30V. For prices at times where their S30V knives are more expensive than Spyderco knives with S110V and worse ergos/handle materials. I do believe BM is a bit over priced and overrated. The one knife he has that I truly like is the 940, I can't say anything bad about that. Especially the carbon fiber version with S90V that he has. The options and variety of Spyderco knives is way above and beyond compared to other manufacturers. He does not disagree with that...which from what I've seen, I don't think he could!
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

RickC27 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 1:10 pm
Sjucaveman wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 11:14 am
RickC27 wrote:

I agree, he's brought a good 10-12 of his in and I was surprised that a lot of them are either 154CM or to them, top of the line S30V. For prices at times where their S30V knives are more expensive than Spyderco knives with S110V and worse ergos/handle materials. I do believe BM is a bit over priced and overrated. The one knife he has that I truly like is the 940, I can't say anything bad about that. Especially the carbon fiber version with S90V that he has. The options and variety of Spyderco knives is way above and beyond compared to other manufacturers. He does not disagree with that...which from what I've seen, I don't think he could!
I was looking at the knifeworks exclusive 940
Adam
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Been warming up to the Endura lately! :spyder:

-Nick :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:44 pm

How are you liking that FRN Squarehead?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:44 pm
Mushroom wrote:

Yeah, kind of curious as I have the titanium and wonder how it compares.
Adam
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Just came in the mail today - brand new CPM S110V Military. So far I really like what I see.

I'm pleased by how light it is, and how well it carries for its size. That was one thing I was a bit worried about, never having owned/carried a large folder before. I clip it in RFP and it really doesn't seem any larger than my Native 5 as far as noticing it.

The G-10 is really grippy - perfect. Feels very secure and solid in the hand. The blade is perfectly centered and swings super smooth, lockup is rock-solid and zero blade play. Easy to disengage and strong enough detent that I'm not worried about it popping open by accident. I like the open back design too. Ergonomics feel great so far.

The tip down carry doesn't bother me at all because I EDC'd a tip down knife for many years. It all depends what you're used to. :)

The blade is beautifully finished and razor sharp - in fact it may be a contender with my ZDP Manbug for Sharpest Factory Edge. It glides in circles through phone book paper with no effort. The blade tip was finer and more acute than I thought it would be. No problem, as I don't generally use $200 knives as pry bars, and a fine tip has a lot of uses.

All in all, definitely my new favorite knife. :) I'm really looking forward to giving it some hard use in the days to come. I know I'm a bit late joining the club but I have to say...great job Spyderco on such a superb design!!!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
5x5 Combat Solutions

Delica 4 w Scorpion and baby bro.jpg
Today its a Delica 4 and his baby brother!!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Wed May 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Is that a Bug?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Okan_7

Post by Okan_7 »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:40 pm

Is that a Bug?
I think it's a Grasshopper
Previously OkanSeven

17 :spyder: and growing!!
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:06 pm
Just came in the mail today - brand new CPM S110V Military. So far I really like what I see.

I'm pleased by how light it is, and how well it carries for its size. That was one thing I was a bit worried about, never having owned/carried a large folder before. I clip it in RFP and it really doesn't seem any larger than my Native 5 as far as noticing it.

The G-10 is really grippy - perfect. Feels very secure and solid in the hand. The blade is perfectly centered and swings super smooth, lockup is rock-solid and zero blade play. Easy to disengage and strong enough detent that I'm not worried about it popping open by accident. I like the open back design too. Ergonomics feel great so far.

The tip down carry doesn't bother me at all because I EDC'd a tip down knife for many years. It all depends what you're used to. :)

The blade is beautifully finished and razor sharp - in fact it may be a contender with my ZDP Manbug for Sharpest Factory Edge. It glides in circles through phone book paper with no effort. The blade tip was finer and more acute than I thought it would be. No problem, as I don't generally use $200 knives as pry bars, and a fine tip has a lot of uses.

All in all, definitely my new favorite knife. :) I'm really looking forward to giving it some hard use in the days to come. I know I'm a bit late joining the club but I have to say...great job Spyderco on such a superb design!!!
That is awesome, glad you like it. I just wanted to say that even with careful use mistakes happen, and if the tip comes in contact with something hard, it can very well snap off. This happened to me, but believe me when I say that it was only the VERY tip. I just reprofiled mine today and I can tell that the next time I do it, it will be as pointy as new again. It is my primary work knife which makes it my most carried blade. I'm a huge fan.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Pelagic wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:37 pm

That is awesome, glad you like it. I just wanted to say that even with careful use mistakes happen, and if the tip comes in contact with something hard, it can very well snap off. This happened to me, but believe me when I say that it was only the VERY tip. I just reprofiled mine today and I can tell that the next time I do it, it will be as pointy as new again. It is my primary work knife which makes it my most carried blade. I'm a huge fan.

What iteration of the Military do you have?

The other day I dropped my Native 5 Maxamet onto concrete as I was opening it. It took a chip out of the tip; not much, but visible. I was kind of bummed out at first, but soon got over it. It's a work knife - I buy my knives to use so I better get used to the occasional ding and dent. :)
- Connor

Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:44 pm
Pelagic wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:37 pm

What iteration of the Military do you have?

The other day I dropped my Native 5 Maxamet onto concrete as I was opening it. It took a chip out of the tip; not much, but visible. I was kind of bummed out at first, but soon got over it. It's a work knife - I buy my knives to use so I better get used to the occasional ding and dent. :)
I was referring to the blurple s110v military. I also have s90v, m4, and 204p on the way though.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:44 pm
Mushroom wrote:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/tYcodxG.jpg[img]
Sjucaveman wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:46 pm
Yeah, kind of curious as I have the titanium and wonder how it compares.
I like it a lot and have actually been carrying it over the titanium model. It's slightly longer and thicker than the Ti model, as well as a few grams lighter, but the difference is minimal (3 grams). Basically, an unnoticeable difference. The spyderhole on the FRN model is sharper giving much better grip when opening. The lock tab on the FRN model is lower on the handle which I've noticed gives more space for your thumb to rest when the blade is open. The BD1 blade came wicked sharp and touches up pretty easily, but I have noticed less edge retention than the S30V blade.

I still love the Ti model, and was sad to see it discontinued, but the FRN model is definitely a worthy replacement! :spyder:
-Nick :bug-red
5x5 Combat Solutions

Okan_7 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:35 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:40 pm

Is that a Bug?
I think it's a Grasshopper
It's a model C137P "Honeybee".