BHQ Para Series with DLC M4 /Jade

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
abbazaba

Re: BHQ Para Series with DLC M4 /Jade

Post by abbazaba »

Sjucaveman wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:35 pm

Like the looks much better now.

**** yes caveman!
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I finally joined the Jade train! This thing is a perfect specimen! And the Jade scales are surprisingly pretty! I dig it! I posted pics on BF.
Josh
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

dreadpirate wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:50 pm
Who cares? I just ordered the Knife Works Exclusive Manix 2 Gray G-10 in 52100 DLC coated ;)
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this exact knife. With the DLC coating, would that eliminate the chances of a patina, or just make it a bit more preventable? I personally am not a fan of patina.
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

RickC27 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:04 am
dreadpirate wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:50 pm
Who cares? I just ordered the Knife Works Exclusive Manix 2 Gray G-10 in 52100 DLC coated ;)
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this exact knife. With the DLC coating, would that eliminate the chances of a patina, or just make it a bit more preventable? I personally am not a fan of patina.
Seems to me if you don't scratch through the DLC coating to the bare metal, you should be good. Would be curious to see what other more in the know members would have to say.
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Do you just use yours lightly, if at all? Looks very nice, I imagine I'll just use it for light use if I get it. I agree, would love more feedback from other members on this particular steel with DLC if possible.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

RickC27 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:33 am
Do you just use yours lightly, if at all? Looks very nice, I imagine I'll just use it for light use if I get it. I agree, would love more feedback from other members on this particular steel with DLC if possible.
Why would you be afraid to use it? M4 is pretty tough...DLC is too. I don't have this particular knife but I do have a few knives with M4 w/o DLC. No real issues with patina on any of them. I had a very light patina going on my Mantra after using it to cut some food. It cleaned right off with some Flitz. I also have PM2 with a S30V DLC blade. I use that knife fairly often. The DLC still looks great.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

I'm not necessarily afraid to use it if I were to purchase it, I just wouldn't want a patina that's all. I wasn't sure if those occur with a DLC blade. I would use it for food prep and camping purposes as well if it does indeed hold up nicely.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Are they going to release a DLC Millie ? :confused:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

RickC27 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:36 pm
I'm not necessarily afraid to use it if I were to purchase it, I just wouldn't want a patina that's all. I wasn't sure if those occur with a DLC blade. I would use it for food prep and camping purposes as well if it does indeed hold up nicely.
No worries about patina with the coating on it. The edge bevel might stain a little but that'll be gone when you sharpen it.

If you decide to get one go ahead and use the heck out of it. I think you'll really like M4. I've been really tempted to get one the KW M4 exclusives but I already have 3 PM2s and a whole bunch of other knives.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Appreciate your feedback, as I've seen since I've joined this great forum your a very active member that seems to have a lot of knowledge. I'm blowing through my NYS tax return on these amazing knives! I have the PM2 in Earth Brown on order from KC and saw that the PM2 in OD Green was available on dlttrading....a few beers in, locked that up too. I know DLC blades aren't the most popular but something about them draws me in.
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Sorry to get off topic here everyone and turn it into "me" I'll stop here
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

RickC27 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:21 pm
Appreciate your feedback, as I've seen since I've joined this great forum your a very active member that seems to have a lot of knowledge. I'm blowing through my NYS tax return on these amazing knives! I have the PM2 in Earth Brown on order from KC and saw that the PM2 in OD Green was available on dlttrading....a few beers in, locked that up too. I know DLC blades aren't the most popular but something about them draws me in. I've never handle a PM2, but based on the love I see for it here I bit the bullet and went for 2 that appealed to me. No super steels, just love the looks and know I love the compression lock.
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

No worries Rick. I’ve used my Camo DLC PM2 quite extensively and the DLC coating is tough as nails. What amazes me is with a little tlc you can bring it right back to looking like new, that is unless you scratch the coating off down to the metal. I have no worries at all about putting this new BHQ exclusive into work!
Josh
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Good to hear!
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

All the pics of you guys blades in these super steels and high quality handle scales are bad influcences!
amishviking

Post by amishviking »

Maybe it's a return??? Someone's lucky day! 11:50 eastern 04/30.

BHQ had a Para 2 DLC M4 / Jade in stock (removed the direct link in case that is/was an issue).
Last edited by amishviking on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amishviking

Post by amishviking »

Sorry got a little trigger happy on my edits. Please delete this.