Another POLICE Question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
pmel018

Another POLICE Question

Post by pmel018 »

Hi Guys
just recieved a G-10 PE linerless, great piece, I have just noticed that the blade steel is GIN-1 rather than ATS 55. Any ideas? The box is different too.
Open to all suggestions.
Thanks Phil :spyder: :confused:
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

it's an early model police.... can't tell you what year it was though.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Sundown

Congrats on an awesome score!

Post by Sundown »

Thats one of my dream Spydies! Congratulations on an awesome score! :spyder: :cool:
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!
Senate

Post by Senate »

yeah G10 police aren't common and I remember they're the only Police model with the full flat ground blade... cool! :)
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
hardkiss

Post by hardkiss »

it is definitely a police issue?? i've never heard of that type of steel..though i am not too familiar all the types of steel out there anyway..is there a pic that you can put on the net?? :spyder:
pmel018

Post by pmel018 »

Hi Guys
Have communicated with the seller, the box is Japanese domestic issue and the knife is early production.
senate- the early G10 knives had the conventional blade, it changed to flat ground when the liner was included in the later knives.

this purchase ended my coolecting year on a high, a black CO7S, a linerless G10 and an old LH S/Steel CO7s with POLICE MODEL on the blade. Is there no end to the variations? :D

Sorry can't post any images at this time, are there instructions somewhere as to how I should go about it?
Thanks Phil :spyder:
Al

Post by Al »

Here is your G-10 Police, Phil. Yes it's the original G-10 linerless model with the hollow ground blade. A 'Boye' indent and steel liner was added along with the flat blade style on the later models. Phil is now after my other G-10 Police's....help!
Attachments
police-small.jpg
police-small.jpg (95.77 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
original-police---small.jpg
original-police---small.jpg (82.86 KiB) Viewed 2204 times
rycen

Post by rycen »

I wonder if the GIN-1 police was released in the US.
Senate

Post by Senate »

Al wrote:Here is your G-10 Police, Phil. Yes it's the original G-10 linerless model with the hollow ground blade. A 'Boye' indent and steel liner was added along with the flat blade style on the later models. Phil is now after my other G-10 Police's....help!
Hey Al
Those two weren't listed on eBay UK, where are you working now? :D

Alex from Paris ;)
Alexandre.
Spyderco WTC#1978
pmel018

Post by pmel018 »

Hi Al
thanks for the picture, it is a stunning knife.

Alex- it was listed on the main Ebay site, it poppd up as I was checking the listings and i bought it immediately. I think it was listed for about 5 minutes.
for once the Spyderco gods were smiling on me. :spyder: :)
Phil :cool:
Al

Post by Al »

I'm sure the earlier model was sold in the states, the amendments were carried out due to problems with the screws not holding the G-10 scales. As to the change of blade to flat ground, I don't know why it was changed but It makes for a much nicer slicer!. :D

Alex! ~ Phil bought the G-10 Police just as I was about to send you a headsup email! :eek: ....honest :o . Look out for a cd of Spydie pics from me that you've acquired over the last year. :) . How's the jobhunt going?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Al wrote:Here is your G-10 Police, Phil. Yes it's the original G-10 linerless model with the hollow ground blade. A 'Boye' indent and steel liner was added along with the flat blade style on the later models. Phil is now after my other G-10 Police's....help!
Snowy, overcast day here, so I can't take and post a pic of it, but just to add one more to the bewildering array of Police variants, the single liner version with the flat ground ATS-55 blade also comes "undented".
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Senate

Post by Senate »

Al wrote: ....How's the jobhunt going?
It's still in progress... :D but I must say it's so good to be on vacation, I'm becoming a bit lazy. Hopefully my addiction for :spyder: will force me to find something very soon, my must-have list is getting longer everyday and the bank account won't follow.

Thanks a lot for the cd.
see you
Alexandre.
Spyderco WTC#1978
pmel018

Post by pmel018 »

Hi There
I was surprised to hear about the G10 flat ground with a Boye dent, more variations HELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP
Regards
Phil