In search of a DODO

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
garret

In search of a DODO

Post by garret »

Hello to all the members of this great forum, as the title says, I've been trying to get a dodo for quite some time, but so far I've only seen one orange on ebay for almost $ 300, is this normal price? Anyone have any idea where I can get this knife? And finaly What price do you think is right for one of these? Forgive my terrible English, I use the Google translator. A big greeting from Spain!
blueeyedogre

Re: In search of a DODO

Post by blueeyedogre »

I’ve been searching for a DODO for years as well. Those that have them don’t part with them easily.
Endura 2 Stainless 1, Endura 4 FRN, Delica 4 Emerson, Delica 4 FRN, Delica 4 Wairncliffe, Matriarch, Catcherman, Harpy Stainless, Cricket Stainless, Paramilitary 2, Native 3, Ronin 2, Yojimbo 2, Chinook, UK Penknife, Captain, Bug, Temperance, Kumo, Jerry Hossom Woodlander, Spydercard,
garret

Post by garret »

Hope is the last thing that is lost haha P.D if someone wants to give his dodo for adoption here is a candidate
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Hi Garret, the two most recent releases are the orange sprint and the carbon fiber sprint, when they pop up on the exchange the orange seems to go in the $200 range and the carbon fiber in the $300 range(depending on condition of course). The only place I know of that might have them would be Country Knives, very pricey there though, they usually sell at full blown MSRP or more. I'd keep my eye on the exchange over at BF.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

An orange one on eBay for $435 !

(I didn't know what a Dodo was so searched and it came up)
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Really hoping a Dodo sprint is in our near future. Wouldn't mind some hawkbill Cruwear.
garret

Post by garret »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:28 am
Really hoping a Dodo sprint is in our near future. Wouldn't mind some hawkbill Cruwear.
Sincerely, do you think it is possible to go out again?
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

I would say its not if but when.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Dodo's are like boats or jeeps, you have to have one but usually sell it. I scored a very lightly used one at the brick and mortar for $50, sold it for $150 on the USN. I am sure I would grab a non S30V run. I second the Cruwear idea
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Dodos are awesome!
I’ve played with one for a bit but as I freehand sharpen my knives and don’t have any round stones...yet
RLDubbya

Post by RLDubbya »

I got my Dodo a few months ago over on BF for a very reasonable price; it is one of the original runs, not a sprint run, which is a plus for me. I've seen several come and go at Arizona Custom Knives as well. One thing I'd say about ACK: you never have to worry about getting a knife that has been misgraded. They run a good shop, and all their grading is spot-on.
garret

Post by garret »

I did not know the store, it seems like a good site, thanks for the information!
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Dodo... When I first heard about Spyderco Knives I think it was in relation to the Dodo. Some forum I was on years ago. I looked it up. Woah! Alien, yet somehow entrancing. I immediately liked it and the idea of it but, not realizing that Spyderco designs come and go, I farted around and didn’t follow up. I’d certainly like to have one. Perhaps we will see another run some day.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation