If you had to pick just one?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ThePeacent

Re: If you had to pick just one?

Post by ThePeacent »

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Caly3 Hap40.. John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
vivi

Post by vivi »

Street Beat or SE Pacific Salt.
:unicorn
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

Jade M4 PM2. It's perfect.
Ryan

“Every created being is so constituted as to be capable of vice and virtue. For he can do nothing praiseworthy, if he had not the power of turning either way.” - Justin Martyr
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Either brown s35vn PM2 or Manix backlock. The Manix is newer to the collection with not as much time in use so jury is still out. Brown PM2 keeps climbing in my pocket! It's pretty much the perfect all-around EDC!
Strider

Post by Strider »

Happy to see a lot of calys listed! I know people love them, but you don't usually see them picked in lists like this.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

I have 10 knives in my EDC rotation- 4 are PM2 variations, 4 are Manix 2 variations and 2 are a different brand (B________). I would be fine with nothing but the PM2 for EDC. (Or the Manix 2 for that matter.)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Currently for my needs nothing would beat CF Fluted N5.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
nicktheodore

Post by nicktheodore »

Spyderco para 3 small light weight edc blade and also can be used as tactical if necessary
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Cruwear Millie
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

If I had to cull it down to just one folder then it would be an easy decision. I would have to keep my Pacific Salt. It is the only one that I really need. I would say that 90% of my "real" folder use is done while sitting in my kayak. For that use I need a Salt knife and the Pacific is my favorite of the current line of Salt knives. I choose the serrated version not because I have to have a serrated knife on the kayak but rather because there is such a large performance gap between serrated and pe H1. I could give up all my other folders and still get by just fine in life but without that one I would be severely handicapped and unable to perform many of the essential chores of my daily life/work.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

elena86 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:42 am
Cruwear Millie
And this would likely be my choice if I were landlocked. One of the only knives I own that I regret not owning a backup.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I carry 4 types, small public friendly, self defense, hard use utility, and food knife. I don't think any one knife in my collection wears all those hats. Can't be small public friendly and heavy utility or small public friendly and a good self defense knife either. Ect, ect. So any knife I pick is sacrificing something. A delica is probably the best blend of all four... but that isn't what I'd pick.

I'd go with the S90V Fluted CF Native, even though it isn't the best blend of all 4, it is the nicest knife I own.

*I guess out of my 5 priorities (craftsmanship, utility, food prep, small, SD), Craftsmanship and Utility wins.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

murphjd25 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:23 pm
Impossible. Right now, Police 4.
This, verbatim.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:31 pm
I carry 4 types, small public friendly, self defense, hard use utility, and food knife. I don't think any one knife in my collection wears all those hats. Can't be small public friendly and heavy utility or small public friendly and a good self defense knife either. Ect, ect. So any knife I pick is sacrificing something. A delica is probably the best blend of all four... but that isn't what I'd pick.

I'd go with the S90V Fluted CF Native, even though it isn't the best blend of all 4, it is the nicest knife I own.

*I guess out of my 5 priorities (craftsmanship, utility, food prep, small, SD), Craftsmanship and Utility wins.
You could duct tape a native and pm2 together, each with, that should fix most needs. But I know what you mean. I currently carry my caly 3 HAP40 sprint all day every day, but for work I mostly use my lw manix 2 in S110V which is ideal as it sees daily hard use. Then there is usually a pm2 which covers all general tasks in between. I don't worry about a knife for self defense because I assume people will 'shy away from the crazy guy carrying not 1, 2 but 3 bloody knives. And that's what we know, God knows there might be another one in his sock. ' haha.

Never did they assume nr 4 was in clipped to the inside of my sleeve ;) joking aside. I'd keep a caly 3 HAP40 sprint and probably the m390 pm2 or the cruwear sprint.
I'll switch the lw S110V manix 2 for my g10 one. Choosing one is impossible.
Igi964

Post by Igi964 »

Millie S110V
anycal

Post by anycal »

PM2 M390 with CF scales. At this point, my oldest Spyderco, as I gave my early ones away. Started out as the BBS special.

It has been used in everything I do, except for the ocean.

Last edited by anycal on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
anycal

Post by anycal »

Peter
attila

Post by attila »

S110V Manix LW for me most likely until the LC200N Pacific Salt comes out.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
elqfaltaba

Post by elqfaltaba »

Deciding with the head and not with the heart, the chosen one is the Spyderco ParaMilitary 2.

J.F.