Glock G30S

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Evil D

Re: Glock G30S

Post by Evil D »

As much as I love my Glocks, my next purchase and carry gun will likely be the M&P 2.0C, and I have a feeling when the .45 version comes out it's gonna be phenomenal. I've never held a handgun that felt better in my hand than the 2.0C, it shoots like a dream.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:29 am
As much as I love my Glocks, my next purchase and carry gun will likely be the M&P 2.0C, and I have a feeling when the .45 version comes out it's gonna be phenomenal. I've never held a handgun that felt better in my hand than the 2.0C, it shoots like a dream.
What model Glocks do you have David?
I wanna get the 19X next.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:08 pm

G19 Gen3 and a G43. I shoot fine with both but if I'm honest the 2.0C is better for me.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:24 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:08 pm

G19 Gen3 and a G43. I shoot fine with both but if I'm honest the 2.0C is better for me.
I'm gonna check that 2.0C out.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, I love the G30S and how she shoots. She'll make ragged holes, no problemo. However, 2 problems.
1. Shoots about 2" high at 7 yards.
2. Failure to go back to full battery.
So, I got to nosing around, and found that of course, I'm not the only one that's had both of these problems.
As for shooting high, I discovered that the rear sight is 6.9mm tall
I could tell because all Glocks have a marking on the right side of the rear sight. Mine has a short dash on top of a long lower dash.
This indicates a 6.9mm height. I imagine it needing either the 6.5mm or the 6.1mm.
Trijicon, if not mistaken sends 6.1mm for the 30 models.
Why Glock put that tall of a rear sight, I've no idea.
At any rate, that's easily corrected as I was gonna put night sights on her anyways.
As for not going back into battery, ( I was having to nudge the slide forward about a third of the time ) it appears that most people either got Glock to send them a new RSA, or they bought an aftermarket, and either solved the problem then and there.
So, I made a call to Smyrna this a.m. and they are sending out a new RSA to me.
Hopefully, rather sooner than later I'll have her gtg.
Because, I just love how well the gun carries and shoots.
The regular 30 and 30SF are soft shooters no doubt. But, this 30S is certainly no slouch, and to be honest I would much rather have this 30S. The slide is really thick on the 30 and 30SF.
At any rate, I'll keep y'all posted as to how things shake out.
benben

Post by benben »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:29 am
Hey David, have you ever held or shot an HK P30, P30sk, or either of the HK VP variations? I own 6 Glocks and love them but the ergonomics on the HK's are incredible, they melt into your hand. Plus there's some really really good deals out there on HK's now. I've read nothing but great things about the striker fired VP's, but I wanted a hammer fired polymer pistol this time around so I went with the P30 V1 LEM, liked it so much I ordered a P30sk to go along with it!
benben

Post by benben »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:57 am
Well, I love the G30S and how she shoots. She'll make ragged holes, no problemo. However, 2 problems.
So, I got to nosing around, and found that of course, I'm not the only one that's had both of these problems.
I could tell because all Glocks have a marking on the right side of the rear sight. Mine has a short dash on top of a long lower dash.
This indicates a 6.9mm height. I imagine it needing either the 6.5mm or the 6.1mm.
At any rate, that's easily corrected as I was gonna put night sights on her anyways.
As for not going back into battery, ( I was having to nudge the slide forward about a third of the time ) it appears that most people either got Glock to send them a new RSA, or they bought an aftermarket, and either solved the problem then and there.
The regular 30 and 30SF are soft shooters no doubt. But, this 30S is certainly no slouch, and to be honest I would much rather have this 30S. The slide is really thick on the 30 and 30SF.
Hope you get it sorted out......my G30 is a Gen3, the only problem I've ever had with it is the slide not locking back after the last round, probably happened ~10 times? Still have no idea why, but I suspect it may be a certain magazine? Obviously it's never bothered me too much as I've never marked the magazines to find the culprit. My G30 is one of the easiest point & shoot pistols I've ever owned, line up the sights and that's where it makes a hole!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

benben wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:54 am
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:57 am
Hope you get it sorted out......my G30 is a Gen3, the only problem I've ever had with it is the slide not locking back after the last round, probably happened ~10 times? Still have no idea why, but I suspect it may be a certain magazine? Obviously it's never bothered me too much as I've never marked the magazines to find the culprit. My G30 is one of the easiest point & shoot pistols I've ever owned, line up the sights and that's where it makes a hole!
Do me a favor please?
Look at the right side of your rear sight and let me know if it has just one dash or more please.
It's hard to see..
benben

Post by benben »

Do you think it'll also apply to Meprolights? I put night sights on mine before it left my LGS. I *might* still be able to find the old sights that should be in the Meprolight package.....maybe? I think I bought my G30 in 2005.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

benben wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:04 pm
Do you think it'll also apply to Meprolights? I put night sights on mine before it left my LGS. I *might* still be able to find the old sights that should be in the Meprolight package.....maybe? I think I bought my G30 in 2005.
Oh. I see. You don't have to go looking for the old rear sight.
I appreciate you trying though.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, the last 27 rounds I fired were all trouble free, no failure to return to battery. This problem may be going away on its own.
I hope so anyways.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Tell ya what guys and gals, this G30S carries SO WELL!
Especially in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB.
Its is just a joy to carry concealed. And talk about fire
power, 10 rounds of 45 auto is standard, but, if I want I can opt for the 13rd G21 mag with XGrip. Man, that is a world of hurt right there in a 3.77" pistol.
Could not be more pleased with the G30S.