Sometimes it's Fate

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Northglenn500

Sometimes it's Fate

Post by Northglenn500 »

Sometimes I think it's fate that a certain knife ends up in your life. Today was a perfect Colorado day. As I drove up to the Spyderco factory, it started snowing, and the mountains looked awesome. I needed to drop off an old G2 Endura that suffered a broken clip. As I was looking around, I spotted a K2 in the clearance case. I couldn't believe it. These had been sold out for over a year. I asked the salesman about it, and he told me he had no idea where it came from, and only knew it had just showed up, and was the only one in the factory. This was a knife I had really, really wanted, but at the time just couldn't get one. Now, of all the days to go to the factory, one just shows up. And of course I bought it. I can't say enough about this knife - it's just big and awesome. I'm lucky to finally have one.

Anyone else have a knife that luck/fate allowed them to have?
koenigsegg

Re: Sometimes it's Fate

Post by koenigsegg »

That's awesome, some of my best deals were buying at SFO. They were selling all the disc models really cheap at the seconds sale.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

That is great! I would love to find a K2 one day as well! Thanks for sharing!
Josh
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have a K2 and love it!

I bought my Sage3 at the SFO out of the clearance case. I had no intention of buying a Sage3 but the price was good and I got impulsive. Turns out I love it too. It might be the smoothest knife I own.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Great score for sure, 10V is some good stuff. I did wait a long time before grabbing one though, got one when they disco'd. I figured it would just be too big to carry but I was wrong, being as flat as it is it carries just fine.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

That’s great, awesome score for you!

Gotta say, totally jealous that you have the ability to just mosey on over to the Spyderco factory :mad: :p
Jase

Current:
Para 3 LWT & Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive

On The Hunt For:
Delica 4 Sprints & Exclusives (Background here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708)

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive