BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
5-by-5

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Post by 5-by-5 »

I have the grey Lum. It's always been off center. Although I've never been a freak for centered blades. All blades were off center 30 years ago. I've never tinkered with a pivot till 2015. When I got a Spydie with blade play.
I'm still not concerned with centering at all. The blade doesn't rub, on either, and that's all that matters.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Upon initial inspection I was very pleased with my Lum Tanto. I inspected it and into the safe it went.

I then started reading all of the negative reports on the forums and was a little nervous that maybe my eye didn’t catch something the first time.

I took it out today and am very pleased that I couldn’t find any obvious flaws with the knife. What a beautiful collaboration.

Thank you Sal and BladeHQ for listening to us and going outside the box to release such a unique knife that was very hard to manufacture. I only hope that this isn’t the end of the Lum Tanto.
DCF24B9E-26A4-4315-A453-23FD108D8ED5.jpeg
Attachments
A3A43383-DD26-431E-9E87-2D6F9A3C01C5.jpeg
77A49D12-6497-4F51-812E-1C3EB1CF5939.jpeg
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

I missed the BHQ splashdown, but purchased two from a disenchanted seller. Slightly off-centered, not rubbing, of zero consequence to me. Smooth action; finished well. I purchased these as gifts, and the recipients will put them to good use.

Oh, one came in bubble wrap, code AR, one in plain plastic, code BR. Thus at least some in Jan were bubble-wrapped; can't discern if switch to plain was later in Jan or sometime in Feb. Not unusual to have different baggies, but some folks seemed puzzled.

Thanks for the Lums, Sal and BHQ. Good luck to other buyers

kind regards,
a n.on
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I just noticed this is in stock at BHQ again, wonder if they are returns or another run? Maybe kept a few behind for returns and then didn't need them?
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

These are back up on BladeHQ if anyone missed one.
grumpy514

Post by grumpy514 »

*EDITED - No buying, selling, or trading allowed. Please see the forum rules*
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Freediver wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:06 am
These are back up on BladeHQ if anyone missed one.
Probably getting a lot of returns. If you keep am eye on BHQ I bet youll see more come available here and there as returns come in.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

grumpy514 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:24 pm
I have...
Just FYI, buying/selling/trading isn't allowed on the forum.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
grumpy514

Post by grumpy514 »

Woops. Sorry about that!
Blueboost

Post by Blueboost »

Been on the forums for a long time, and Spyderco has been a daily part of my life for 30 years now.

I had the 1st Lum and carried it every single day for a decade. The value on my original plain edge black handle Lum got so high, I eventually retired it and sold it.

Sal has always said the original didn't sell well. Yet the sprint run sold out in about 15 minutes. The original continues to climb in value. The knife has a cult like following. The forums are fired up in debate to the point Sal himself got fired up.

Its time to return the C46 to production. G10 and S30 or whatever easy and effective steel. No more sprint nonsense. Just make them available. This is the flagship Spyderco hard use folder. Bob Lum wanted these knives to be used not safe queens we all have to fight over.

I found one of these jade sprints on ebay with a little chip in the tip for $200, so I'll be able to finally EDC my all time favorite knife again. There was no way to get one through bladeHQ when it released, I tried several times, including calling and asking if they had any returns. Unlucky.

This is the perfect Spyderco for a lamination line, looks like hamon.

Never make them again? Sal, all these years I still hold onto hope that one day you will see to getting this red headed step child back into current production. :p
CanaBrit

Post by CanaBrit »

Is there any chance of a general sprint run of these? I absolutely love the vallotton, but its just too wide (thick & heavy) for EDC.
This looks almost identical, but lighter & thinner. Its the blade shape that does it, its just so useful!

Sal, if you make them I will buy one for sure (maybe more than one). :)

Ideally I'd like a carbon steel blade please ;)
Just make enough so that they don't all sell out within 10 minutes !