UKPK S110V Drop Point?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Knifewing

UKPK S110V Drop Point?

Post by Knifewing »

I've been eyeing the navy UKPK with S110V blade, But before picking one up I wanted to ask if anyone knows if Spyderco has any plans to bring out a drop point version in that steel. I much prefer that blade shape, which was offered on past UKPKs, and would wait for it if it's ever going to be produced.
TriggerThumb

Re: UKPK S110V Drop Point?

Post by TriggerThumb »

I have the exact same hope & dream!
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-Henry David Thoreau
Basetta70

Post by Basetta70 »

Same here!
Donut

Post by Donut »

That would be pretty sweet for me!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

If they did produce it, I'd buy one, but honestly the current (leaf) blade is fantastic. If you're on the fence, just buy one--you won't be disappointed.
foofie

Post by foofie »

Would love to see a drop point as well as a wharncliffe (like the orange urban). Not sure how likely either will be unfortunately.
amishviking

Post by amishviking »

+1
I've been close to pulling the trigger on the drop point with BD-1 model. With s110v in a drop point, there would be one in my pocket. I'm just drawn more to the svelte drop point over the leaf shape.

I know BD-1 is no slouch of a steel, but there are too many other great choices available begging for me to empty my wallet on.
sal

Post by sal »

No plans at this time. I can mention it. I like drop points, but the market seems to prefer leaf blades.

sal
timlara

Post by timlara »

TomAiello wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:41 pm
If they did produce it, I'd buy one, but honestly the current (leaf) blade is fantastic. If you're on the fence, just buy one--you won't be disappointed.

It really is. I don't think I've bought another knife since I got my UKPK S110V. (But I've sold many others! :eek: )
Tim
SpyderScout

Post by SpyderScout »

The UKPK is indeed a nice knife.

Excellent size, not much weight. Hardly gets noticed until needed.

Gotta love the leaf shape.

Must admit, that Im happy with my leaf shape UKPK and wouldnt buy a drop point version.

I like drop points on some Spyderco knives - fixed and folders - but no on the UKPK.

(Looked at the Moran drop point - still bought the trailing point :) ).

Now a PM2 wharnie on the other hand!! :D
(Could buy a PM3 of course but wouldnt be the same as the below beauty).

Not my pic
Comedie

Post by Comedie »

Saw an Amazon listing for the UK penknife drop point in S110V. Looking closer, it is not actually S110V but is the regular BD1N steel. Had my hopes up for a bit,,,, dashed upon looking closer. I like 110V but simply don't like the leaf shaped blades in carry or usage. My Manix in S110V just sits in the drawer now, while the PM2 in S110V has become my most used and carried.

Have tried a bunch of non-locking blades fit for travel. Spyderco PITS is nice, but I worry about the day it disappears from my luggage, because it is pricey. Have 5 or so other non-lockers. Manly Wasp in S90V was heck of a bargain and may become my travel go-to in the future. Swiss Army and SOG have served me OK as well.

UK Penknife in higher end steel and drop point blade could likely become my go-to travel knife. Part plain and part serrated would be nice too.
Amazon fooled me, but hopefully,,, someday,,, the hope will be met.
Comedie

Post by Comedie »

Now that I think a bit more on it, LC200N might get my $$$ over and above S110V. Simply because with a travel knife, being very rustproof would be nice.