Groomsmen Gift

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DarkWintergreen

Groomsmen Gift

Post by DarkWintergreen »

I'm nearing my wedding date and still haven't picked out the gift for my groomsmen. I'm debating between either getting some Byrd Meadowlark 2's engraved or just buying them some more expensive knives. I am trying to keep the cost down as I have 8 groomsmen, the officiant (brother in-law), and myself. I can't buy everyone else a knife and not get one for myself. What do you guys think? Was thinking maybe getting them each a tenacious instead, but I can't afford 10 of them and to ha e them engraved.

Thanks,
J
TomAiello

Re: Groomsmen Gift

Post by TomAiello »

Get them engraved.

You'll have more money a couple years down the line (so you can buy an upgraded knife) but you'll never have this event again. 15 years from now, when you have plenty of nicer knives (and so do they) everyone will have kept track of an engraved knife. But a standard (not engraved) tenacious will have long ago been lost.
Ric

Post by Ric »

Congratulations first of all.

Engraving for sure.
This makes them special.

What are they carrying normally?
Are they knife guys?
Tenacious is a big and heavy knife.

Byrd Meadowlark 2 Is a good joice.
More expensive I would go for a Dfly or Delica.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Skip the engraving, get them SE Dragonfly Salts. They'll hang onto them, and remember where they got it :)
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Yes...first of all congratulations.

Second, the Byrd Medowlark is a great little knife..and is very useful and would be very much appreciated. I wouldn't go into debt or spend over your limit. Truly...its the thought that counts, and an engraved Medowlark is a VERY thoughtful gift.

I recently purchased a Byrd Cara Cara and the thing slices like a laser. I'm very impressed!
Last edited by Diamondback on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

You did not say how much you wanted to spend, but a nice inexpensive knife is the Victorinox Alox Cadet. It is a great knife/tool and has a place on the back to engrave their names. The standard colors are Black, Red, Silver, though you can find other colors and they run $23 to $25 at knifeworks.com and other places.

The Byrd Robin in all black is nice looking too.

I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
DarkWintergreen

Post by DarkWintergreen »

Thanks for the help. I will most likely get the Meadowlark or robin and have them engraved. Most of them carry knives and none of them would expect anything less than something sharp from me. I'd love to do as delica's bit that will be too expensive to buy 10 and get them engraved.

J