Great Customer Service Is Hard To Come By...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bouhunter

Re: Great Customer Service Is Hard To Come By...

Post by bouhunter »

My first two orders from them were the Native orange exclusives. Great service. Wouldn't hesitate to order from them again :)
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

I started buying stuff from Cutlery Shoppe in the early 1980's, back when I was on active duty. I continued buying when I left the military and worked for some government agencies out of embassies and consulates in Asia. In 1994, I attended the Soldier of Fortune convention in Las Vegas as part of my job interview with Paladin Press. One of my duties there was helping the late Col. Rex Applegate with his booth. While doing some stuff for the Colonel, he said he had a friend he wanted me to meet--Jeff Loffer from Cutlery Shoppe.

When I shook hands with Jeff and told him my name, he thought for a brief moment and thanked me for being a loyal customer through my moves from California, to Hawaii, to Hong Kong, to Bangkok. I was blown away by his memory and attention to detail. He's a great guy and Cutlery Shoppe is still my go-to source for knife buying.

Stay safe,

Mike
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Michael Janich wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:13 am
I started buying stuff from Cutlery Shoppe in the early 1980's, back when I was on active duty. I continued buying when I left the military and worked for some government agencies out of embassies and consulates in Asia. In 1994, I attended the Soldier of Fortune convention in Las Vegas as part of my job interview with Paladin Press. One of my duties there was helping the late Col. Rex Applegate with his booth. While doing some stuff for the Colonel, he said he had a friend he wanted me to meet--Jeff Loffer from Cutlery Shoppe.

When I shook hands with Jeff and told him my name, he thought for a brief moment and thanked me for being a loyal customer through my moves from California, to Hawaii, to Hong Kong, to Bangkok. I was blown away by his memory and attention to detail. He's a great guy and Cutlery Shoppe is still my go-to source for knife buying.

Stay safe,

Mike
First off, Thank You for your service!!

Secondly, what a great story. That’s exactly what I mean by Great Customer Service Is Hard To Come By.
Jase

Current:
Para 3 LWT & Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive

On The Hunt For:
Delica 4 Sprints & Exclusives (Background here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708)

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
APS

Post by APS »

My love of Spydercos is pretty much the fault of Jeff and his company. Just a wee lad in the late 80's early 90's I would DROOL over his awesome color mini catalogs. Ordered my first of many Spydies from him, a fully serrated Endura in maybe 91 or 92.
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

The service just doesn’t stop. Ordered two Delicas from CS, one on Friday and one on Saturday, both arrived this afternoon w/ free shipping. That’s almost better than Prime.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
Drewthebrave

Post by Drewthebrave »

Another satisfied customer here! I've picked up a few of their clearance items (Tasman Salt, Dragonfly Tattoo) at great prices, and picked up the Orange & Black Tenacious exclusive. They have all arrived quickly, in great condition, and usually with some extras like band-aid dispensers and tootsie pops. I've never needed to use their customer service, but am glad to hear positive experiences all around. Time to check & see if anything is on sale :)
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Double Post
Last edited by JaseRicco on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

JaseRicco wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:29 pm
Drewthebrave wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:18 pm
Another satisfied customer here! I've picked up a few of their clearance items (Tasman Salt, Dragonfly Tattoo) at great prices, and picked up the Orange & Black Tenacious exclusive. They have all arrived quickly, in great condition, and usually with some extras like band-aid dispensers and tootsie pops. I've never needed to use their customer service, but am glad to hear positive experiences all around. Time to check & see if anything is on sale :)
Great to hear.

Hmm...band-aid dispenser? Only tootsies for me.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold: