Spyderco Knives Shipped and Sold by Amazon safe?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
felloffthetruck

Spyderco Knives Shipped and Sold by Amazon safe?

Post by felloffthetruck »

Is it safe to say that Spyderco knives that are shipped and sold by Amazon will be 100% legit?
Just wondering. :rolleyes:
ls13coco

Re: Spyderco Knives Shipped and Sold by Amazon safe?

Post by ls13coco »

I just made a thread a few days ago comparing 2 from Amazon, awaiting replies but the one shipped and sold by amazon doesn't have as nice of action opening/closing.. just not sure if manufacturing differences on fake.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

You will get a lot of different opinions on this. I’ve bought a number of Spyderco’s from Amazon over the past few years. The only bad experience was with a Byrd knife that was obviously used. I returned it to Amazon at their expense and got a genuine one a few days later. In the main, it’s ok, especially with Amazon's liberal return policy. Some will say that is the problem and they may be right but I’ve had only that one issue.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

yeah some people buy a Spydie, swap it at home for a Clone and send it back as a return, to get a refund and scam Amazon

not a great place for Spydies IMO
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

ThePeacent wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:52 pm
yeah some people buy a Spydie, swap it at home for a Clone and send it back as a return, to get a refund and scam Amazon

not a great place for Spydies IMO
Although I got a Caly 3.5 that was legit from Amazon, they are not my first choice for the reason cited above.
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

There is nothing wrong with Amazon in general when it comes to Spyderco’s. The problem is with their extremely lax return policy. But this only comes into play when purchasing items from 3rd party sellers on Amazon. If you look specifically for Sold By and Shipped by Amazon, then you will be fine. Because Amazon is an Authorized Dealer of Spyderco products, when they receive returned items, they are then sent directly back to Spyderco. This was confirmed by a Rep. at Spyderco when I contacted them to ask this very same same question.

And as an FYI, CuttleryShoppe will match Amazon prices and their free shipping is super fast. On two separate occasion I ordered knives on Fri/Sat and they were delivered by Mon...ID to NJ.
Jase

Current:
Para 3 LWT & Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive

On The Hunt For:
Delica 4 Sprints & Exclusives (Background here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708)

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JaseRicco wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:31 pm
There is nothing wrong with Amazon in general when it comes to Spyderco’s. The problem is with their extremely lax return policy. But this only comes into play when purchasing items from 3rd party sellers on Amazon. If you look specifically for Sold By and Shipped by Amazon, then you will be fine. Because Amazon is an Authorized Dealer of Spyderco products, when they receive returned items, they are then sent directly back to Spyderco. This was confirmed by a Rep. at Spyderco when I contacted them to ask this very same same question.
I'm not so sure that Amazon sends all their returned knives back to Spyderco. In fact, unless something's changed very recently, I'm pretty sure they don't. I've seen a number of times where someone buys a knife that was sold and shipped by Amazon and they either got a fake that someone swapped and returned or they got a knife that was obviously used.

Also, see Kristi's comments (along with others) in the threads below....

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... n#p1107483

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... n#p1049345
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:36 pm
I'm not so sure that Amazon sends all their returned knives back to Spyderco. In fact, unless something's changed very recently, I'm pretty sure they don't. I've seen a number of times where someone buys a knife that was sold and shipped by Amazon and they either got a fake that someone swapped and returned or they got a knife that was obviously used.
I don’t see any reason to doubt the Rep. from Spyderco. Again, according to her, Amazon is an authorized dealer of Spyderco which means they would have to follow procedure set forth by Spyderco, which is to send any returns received. I think there is confusion when it comes to the difference between Amazon and 3rd party sellers using Amazon to sell and ship their items. I believe most counterfeits and obvious used knives that have been noted were purchased from 3rd party sellers.
Jase

Current:
Para 3 LWT & Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive

On The Hunt For:
Delica 4 Sprints & Exclusives (Background here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708)

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I avoid Amazon like the plague when it comes to spydies
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam