Jonathan McNees Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gdwtvb

Jonathan McNees Knife

Post by gdwtvb »

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

First off, I must confess that I am more of user of Spyderco knives rather than a collector.

At one time I collected knives but eventually sold off all but the ones that actually get used. I limit my new purchases to ones that will see pocket time, or fulfill a real (or imagined) 'hole' in my knife arsenal. (Meaning I own about 15 knives, the majority of which are Sydercos.)

The one 'need' I have been trying to fill off and on for years is a classy titanium scaled knife I could use as a cigar cutter. Spyderco came close with both the dog tag knife and the squarehead, but the weren't exactly the style I wanted. Sure my Farrid K2 can cut any cigar, but that's more of a pocket sword than a purpose built cigar shaver. My Techno does an effective job but I want something smaller. The ladybug on my keychain works too, but with a Waterford crystal glass filled with fine bourbon on the rocks, a premium hand rolled cigar; a plastic handled knife just seems out of place.

The forthcoming Mcnees knife is a dream come true. It checks all the boxes. Small and unobtrusive enough that in any group it would never be seen as a weapon. Enough understated custom touches to let even knife novices recognize it is a quality tool. Finally it combines three of my favorite features. CTS-XHP blade, titanium handles, and Reeve integral lock.

I hope this one is released soon, I plan a weekly hunt for pre-orders.

Grizz
Quick Draw

Re: Jonathan McNees Knife

Post by Quick Draw »

Also excited about this one. Should make a nice watch pocket knife.