After Forum Maintenance

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
JaseRicco

Re: After Forum Maintenance

Post by JaseRicco »

Issues here as well - iPad Pro iOS 11.2.6
Jase

Current:
Para 3 LWT & Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive

On The Hunt For:
Delica 4 Sprints & Exclusives (Background here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708)

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Quoting, avatar, emoji issues here too. Galaxy S5 and Windows 10 with Firefox. I'm sure they'll get it sorted.
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, guys:
I'm aware that there are some issues and we're working on them. Hopefully, we'll have everything cleared up after the weekend.

Moving this thread to the Forum Tech Support area - easier for us to refer to specific issues there.

Hang in there.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Ah, okay, it's not just me then... I've been having the same issues with the Spyderco Forum User Avatars and Smilies on my desktop computer for the last few days.

And, thank you, Kristi, for your response! Thank you and the Spyderco Crew for all you do!
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:07 am
I've tested Android 7.1.1, Chrome and Firefox and I've got the same issues on all platforms, missing avatars/quote names/emojis.
Haven't fired up my Linux box, but I'm missing all three as well on Chrome, Edge, and Firefox running on Win 10. Think the only reason my avatar shows is because I host it on my own website and link to it, rather than uploading it to the forum's server. Is that the case with yours as well David?
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The Deacon wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:19 am
Evil D wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:07 am
I've tested Android 7.1.1, Chrome and Firefox and I've got the same issues on all platforms, missing avatars/quote names/emojis.
Haven't fired up my Linux box, but I'm missing all three as well on Chrome, Edge, and Firefox running on Win 10. Think the only reason my avatar shows is because I host it on my own website and link to it, rather than uploading it to the forum's server. Is that the case with yours as well David?
I reuploaded mine here on the forum and it's showing. I'm betting there's a similar ordeal that needs to be done for the emoji's on Spyderco's end. I have no clue why the quote names are jacked up.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SG89

Post by SG89 »

also noticed that the subscribe button does not change to unsubscribe if you click it again. still gives the message of whether or not you are subscribed just doesn't change the word from subscribe to unsubscribe like it used to
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SG89

Post by SG89 »

quotes, avatar and smilies working for me thanks spyderco crew!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:48 pm
quotes, avatar and smilies working for me thanks spyderco crew!
Same here... it appears things are working once again. :)

Thank you very much Kristi and Spyderco Crew!
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

After reporting spam, the link to go back to previous subforum is gone. I used it for quickly exiting the reported page and back to browsing.
Chris :spyder: