BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
razorsharp

Re: BHQ with a hap40 Lum Tanto exclusive?

Post by razorsharp »

If you think this is *****ing you should see the Destiny 2 community... or the gaming community in general :p
soundshaman

Post by soundshaman »

It sucks that some people keep that kind of childish supermarket checkout tantrums in adulthood. They have to be as loud as possible in order to get what they want...
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

I would hate to see this be the end of the Lum tanto. I think there is still a very high demand for it in whatever steel. This thread makes me understand why S30V is so popular on models because it is easy to work with.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:12 pm
vernonremington wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:09 pm
Won’t be buying a Seki City knife again....

I place the blame on using a them and not Golden or Taiwan. I didnt even pay attention to where it was manufactured until I received it, but like others I’m a little disappointed in this one.
I've never heard of any other QC issues with Seki models. Are there other models out of there that have been sub-par in the past few years? All of my Seki knives are perfect.
Half the Seki knives I have had have had a weird satin finish, As if the knife was run on a scotch belt at a slightly different angle to the original grind lines. i generally keep away from satin finished Seki models personally unless I know I will modify it. I dont hesitate with models from other plants tho :)
Bile Bob

Post by Bile Bob »

Sucky City Lol..
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Going back to Caly.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

SpeedHoles wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:05 am
Spot on, looks just like mine. I wish I could get the quality pics like yours. :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:12 pm
vernonremington wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:09 pm
Won’t be buying a Seki City knife again....

I place the blame on using a them and not Golden or Taiwan. I didnt even pay attention to where it was manufactured until I received it, but like others I’m a little disappointed in this one.
I've never heard of any other QC issues with Seki models. Are there other models out of there that have been sub-par in the past few years? All of my Seki knives are perfect.
The Seki standards that I’ve picked up over the past 5 years (Ladybugs, Manbugs, Dragonflies, Delicas, Stretches, and a Jester) have all been great; no real issues. FRN or otherwise.

Exchanged a Lil Lum Sprint for some scale issues. The replacement one was better, but still not 100%.
Shockwave

Post by Shockwave »

Having issues with a $220 knife and being piled on by the fanboys. I'm sure there are many more with the same issues that won't even post because of that. If you think their standards are to high you should check out the traditional forum and the standards that are placed on GEC for a $100 handmade knife.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

regarding Seki,
I am for one happy to have knives from such a historical and knife-important city that's been working for centuries and still does
and all of my Seki folders (11) and fixed blades (5) have been immaculate and top notch quality, without issues, apart from two of the fixed blades' sheaths
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Mbellett,

Welcome to our forum. Sorry it had to be in an uncomfortable time. This is not our usual communication style.

To all;

My apologies for letting off some steam. You did not deserve that. If you have problems with the knife and your not happy, please return it to BHQ and ask them to return the knives to Spyderco. We'll decide what to do with them. I will also discus the quality issues with my management staff and the maker. Maybe we can chill a bit?

sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

sal wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:31 am
Hi Mbellett,

Welcome to our forum. Sorry it had to be in an uncomfortable time. This is not our usual communication style.

To all;

My apologies for letting off some steam. You did not deserve that. If you have problems with the knife and your not happy, please return it to BHQ and ask them to return the knives to Spyderco. We'll decide what to do with them. I will also discus the quality issues with my management staff and the maker. Maybe we can chill a bit?

sal
Sal I missed out on these. When you get them back if you wanna off load one to me as a second or whatever please let me know.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

If any do get returned, I'll gladly take one off your hands at full market price. :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
vgex

Post by vgex »

razorsharp wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:41 am
If you think this is *****ing you should see the Destiny 2 community... or the gaming community in general :p
I am still bitter about D2. Demanded a refund for CoO. Won't touch another Bungie product until D3, at earliest, if there even is a D3.

These knives are beauties. Gosh dang I'm sorry I missed it. Some very nice pics in this thread.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:33 am
sal wrote:
Hi Mbellett,

To all;

sal
Sal I missed out on these. When you get them back if you wanna off load one to me as a second or whatever please let me know.
I would be interested in picking one up as well.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
vgex

Post by vgex »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:49 am
Evil D wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:33 am
sal wrote:
Hi Mbellett,

To all;

sal
I would be interested in picking one up as well.
Count me in for a seconds, also.
PStone

Post by PStone »

sal wrote:
Hi Mbellett,

To all;

sal

I’ll admit I was initially put off by the steam being let off. But after chilling out and re-reading posts, it seems to me that Sal spent almost an entire Saturday reading and responding to issues regarding,at most, only a few hundred knives. This man oversees production of tens of thousands of knives in multiple countries around the world. And yet, his day off was spent focusing on a very limited sprint. That time could’ve/should’ve been spent relaxing with his family. When I do finally get mine(Monday hopefully), it will be cherished. I will continue to spend my money with this amazing company. After all, I think this whole situation proves that it is run and managed by actual people that are subject to all the same feelings and emotions as the rest of us. And maybe sometimes, the benefit of the doubt should be given rather than received.
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Agreed.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Sal, you rock. I’m glad to see that you are indeed human. ;) Hope to get a chance to chat at Blade.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

W7H2O wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:51 am
To much negativity here.
If you don't like it ... return it. Buy something else.
Fishing for something else is half of the fun.
As our buddy Bloke says in his signature line: A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin