Got my Para Military 2!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FWR132

Got my Para Military 2!

Post by FWR132 »

My friend got me this awesome knife from a diving shop in Singapore, and i'm pretty sure it's the 4th Spyderco in Brunei (one of my friends has an Ambitious, i have a Tenacious, another friend has a Manix 2 Lightweight).

It's so awesome, sharp, and the standard which i judge all other folding knives with.

However, the tip got dinged off (initially came very sharp, and i'm talking about the needle point tip) mysteriously overnight. I don't hard-use my knives neither.

Also, first thing i did was cut some beef as i was out for lunch with my lady :cool:

From my heart to yours,
Nigel
Brunei Darussalam

Current
Tenacious
Para Military 2

On the way
Endura 4
TriggerThumb

Re: Got my Para Military 2!

Post by TriggerThumb »

Beautiful! Might be the best utility folder ever made imo. I just got 2 para 3's, and they are wonderful. I still would like to try pm1&2. Thanks for the pics, I love seeing knives being used.
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-Henry David Thoreau
Squawk

Post by Squawk »

Very good choice! The PM2 is great, the black/satin S30V version was my first Spyderco ever. As opposed to some i do love the fine tip and never managed to break the ones on my PM2s. What i did manage though, was to slice my pants while whittling :-D there was absolutely no resistance from the cloth, the blade went right though, those tips come scary sharp. The rest of that evening i sat down in my tent for quite a while to fix up my pants; they aren't as pretty anymore now, but it actually made them my favorite ;-)
FWR132

Post by FWR132 »

TriggerThumb wrote:Beautiful! Might be the best utility folder ever made imo. I just got 2 para 3's, and they are wonderful. I still would like to try pm1&2. Thanks for the pics, I love seeing knives being used.
Yeah man, it's a good fidgeter as well, gotta love that Compression Lock.
How are the Para 3's? they look so nice, but don't really hear much raving about them unlike the PM2.
You won't regret the PM2, for sure. it melts into your hand.
Thanks for viewing my pics! it was fun to use during lunch, needless to say it went through the beef with no effort at all.
From my heart to yours,
Nigel
Brunei Darussalam

Current
Tenacious
Para Military 2

On the way
Endura 4
FWR132

Post by FWR132 »

Squawk wrote:Very good choice! The PM2 is great, the black/satin S30V version was my first Spyderco ever. As opposed to some i do love the fine tip and never managed to break the ones on my PM2s. What i did manage though, was to slice my pants while whittling :-D there was absolutely no resistance from the cloth, the blade went right though, those tips come scary sharp. The rest of that evening i sat down in my tent for quite a while to fix up my pants; they aren't as pretty anymore now, but it actually made them my favorite ;-)
Man, that's a good first Spyderco, what an intro into the brand!
what a story about those pants...now you got a great backstory to tell, when people ask about the little stitching on them :)
From my heart to yours,
Nigel
Brunei Darussalam

Current
Tenacious
Para Military 2

On the way
Endura 4