Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FWR132

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by FWR132 »

mjdragonfly wrote:
FWR132 wrote:a friend and i may be buying VG-10 Endura 4's soon.

Should i pick up a Delica as well?
The Spyderco Trinity - the Dragonfly2, the Delica 4 and the Endura 4 Each one is as special as the others in its own way. In VG10 they are very good in ZDP-189 they are exceptional. If you carry those three knives you will have a bade appropriate for any task and never have to draw out a knife too big or intimidating for the job ant hand. I also had to buy the Dragonfly 2 in Leaf Green G10 scales simply because it is such a fine looking little knife for a dress situation.

Was reading about ZDP189 - heard it was hard to sharpen but holds an edge for ages (one reviewer had his edge for 1.5 years). Was thinking of getting ZDP189 first, but now unsure due to my research on reviews.

about the Dragonfly 2, don't tempt me!! haha, trying not to get too many knives (i know i won't even listen to myself and eventually cave in at some point)
From my heart to yours,
Nigel
Brunei Darussalam

Current
Tenacious
Para Military 2

On the way
Endura 4
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I love my dragonfly zdp-189 it's the perfect smaller knife to go with my shaman.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

FWR132 wrote:
mjdragonfly wrote:
FWR132 wrote:a friend and i may be buying VG-10 Endura 4's soon.

Should i pick up a Delica as well?
The Spyderco Trinity - the Dragonfly2, the Delica 4 and the Endura 4 Each one is as special as the others in its own way. In VG10 they are very good in ZDP-189 they are exceptional. If you carry those three knives you will have a bade appropriate for any task and never have to draw out a knife too big or intimidating for the job ant hand. I also had to buy the Dragonfly 2 in Leaf Green G10 scales simply because it is such a fine looking little knife for a dress situation.

Was reading about ZDP189 - heard it was hard to sharpen but holds an edge for ages (one reviewer had his edge for 1.5 years). Was thinking of getting ZDP189 first, but now unsure due to my research on reviews.

about the Dragonfly 2, don't tempt me!! haha, trying not to get too many knives (i know i won't even listen to myself and eventually cave in at some point)
I did exactly this but not all at once so I am only trying to help you save on the shipping. The Dragonfly 2 is an amazing little knife that has no idea that it is small. It is the first thing out of my pocket most of the time. It is such a cute looking little knife that no one has been intimidated by it.
I just recently got a Manix 2 backlock and it has taken over my front right pocket spot just because it is so nice and I use my Endura 4 as my primary kitchen food prep knife so I am using it all the time now.
Calgary on the Bow
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

Para 3 cruwear, para 3 s30v dlc+ signet ring/ Emerson "fang" because everyone needs one tacticool knife.
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-Henry David Thoreau
SG89

Post by SG89 »

TriggerThumb wrote:Para 3 cruwear, para 3 s30v dlc+ signet ring/ Emerson "fang" because everyone needs one tacticool knife.
be sure and post a pic of those when you get them!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
TriggerThumb wrote:Para 3 cruwear, para 3 s30v dlc+ signet ring/ Emerson "fang" because everyone needs one tacticool knife.
Sure! How do some post such hi res pics? I always have to knock mine down about 50% in size and clarity before the forum accepts it.

-Henry David Thoreau
SG89

Post by SG89 »

TriggerThumb wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sure! How do some post such hi res pics? I always have to knock mine down about 50% in size and clarity before the forum accepts it.
I use Imgur
Spydergirl88
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

Spydergirl88 wrote: I use Imgur
Thanks I'll look into it. Bad with 'puters :rolleyes: :(

-Henry David Thoreau
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Knife works Military CF/titanium.
Delica Hap40 from the bay
B&C Buck

Post by B&C Buck »

Lost my old weekday/office EDC, a Kershaw Leek. Red and black Delica from Knivesplus in route as replacement.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

holeshot wrote:Calypso sprint run! :) Finally found one NIB, now the wait :spyder:
Just grabbed one myself. After years of wanting one.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

B&C Buck wrote:Lost my old weekday/office EDC, a Kershaw Leek. Red and black Delica from Knivesplus in route as replacement.
Nice choice with knivesplus. Just learned about them yesterday, put in my first order today. On your delica, what is red and what is black? Is it dlc?

-Henry David Thoreau
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

Delica, regrind, heat colored hardware, burgundy scales, acid washed blade. Maybe getting a deep carry clip for it. I plan on putting ironwood scales on it from g10.it

-Henry David Thoreau
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Shaman plain edge, serrated edge ladybug h1, Byrd cara cara rescue serrated edge, knifecenter positron.
Adam
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Sjucaveman wrote:Shaman plain edge, serrated edge ladybug h1, Byrd cara cara rescue serrated edge, knifecenter positron.
nice haul!
Spydergirl88
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sjucaveman wrote:Shaman plain edge, serrated edge ladybug h1, Byrd cara cara rescue serrated edge, knifecenter positron.
nice haul!
Spending the tax money before the wife sees. I already have enough knives she doesn't notice the new ones.
Adam
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Sjucaveman wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
nice haul!
Spending the tax money before the wife sees. I already have enough knives she doesn't notice the new ones.
I use to think the same thing until she got smart!! Hahaha, they kept multiplying!!
Josh
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

murphjd25 wrote:I use to think the same thing until she got smart!! Hahaha, they kept multiplying!!
Haha! My girl wised up when she noticed knives in drawers where was there never knives before. One day she asked me why I took all my knives out of my knife box? I had to fess up and tell her my knife box was full and I'm using the desk to handle the overflow. :D
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I just found a great deal on a street beat bowie so add that to the list....
Adam
B&C Buck

Post by B&C Buck »

TriggerThumb wrote:
B&C Buck wrote:Lost my old weekday/office EDC, a Kershaw Leek. Red and black Delica from Knivesplus in route as replacement.
Nice choice with knivesplus. Just learned about them yesterday, put in my first order today. On your delica, what is red and what is black? Is it dlc?
No DLC. The FRN is red and black. Not a standard Spyderco color, modified by Knives Plus. I am a sucker for red, eyeing a similar PM2 they have.