Kahr Arms Para 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TriggerThumb

Kahr Arms Para 3

Post by TriggerThumb »

I'm a sucker for blade shapes. It's in top 3 for why I love Spyderco. I really like the para 3 design, and I think the Kahr Arms shape would suit it well. How would I mod one to have it? Thanks. :spyder:
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-Henry David Thoreau
Evil D

Re: Kahr Arms Para 3

Post by Evil D »

I would just grind it off, but I'm pretty skilled with a Dremel. A bench grinder would do the trick, just go really slow and keep dipping the blade in water every few seconds so it doesn't get hot. Finish the spine with sandpaper.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

TriggerThumb wrote:..... How would I mod one to have it? Thanks. :spyder:
Not sure if you have the knife already, but if you don't and you're looking to have one made rather than doing it yourself, if you email knivesplus they can probably do it for you. probably wont cost more than 10-20$ over the normal price.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

Thanks for the responses. zrowsn1s how did I not know about knivesplus?? Def going that route. I just bought two para 3s from BF so it might be a bit before I get another. Then again my girlfriend dosent have one yet!! :cool: :D

-Henry David Thoreau
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

TriggerThumb wrote:Thanks for the responses. zrowsn1s how did I not know about knivesplus?? Def going that route. I just bought two para 3s from BF so it might be a bit before I get another. Then again my girlfriend dosent have one yet!! :cool: :D
There is definitely genius in this forum. ;) My wife's collection is also growing, I'm pretty sure she has a need for a Para 3. :D
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

Tdog wrote:
TriggerThumb wrote:Thanks for the responses. zrowsn1s how did I not know about knivesplus?? Def going that route. I just bought two para 3s from BF so it might be a bit before I get another. Then again my girlfriend dosent have one yet!! :cool: :D
There is definitely genius in this forum. ;) My wife's collection is also growing, I'm pretty sure she has a need for a Para 3. :D
Now that I think about it I'd prefer a better steel to regrind than what they offer. Would they regrind a personal knife? My goal is a maxamet with a regrind and custom scales. I'd like a pro to do it, I'd hate to see the results of me going at maxamet with a bench grinder :D

-Henry David Thoreau
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

TriggerThumb wrote:
Tdog wrote:
Now that I think about it I'd prefer a better steel to regrind than what they offer. Would they regrind a personal knife? My goal is a maxamet with a regrind and custom scales. I'd like a pro to do it, I'd hate to see the results of me going at maxamet with a bench grinder :D
They've really got a nice mod business going on recently. Filling a hole in the market. As for whether they could do a maxamet with custom scales, I don't know, but it couldn't hurt to ask. Im planning on having them RIT dye me a Spyderhawk when they become available.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal