S110V UKPK ETA ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
m6steen

Re: S110V UKPK ETA ?

Post by m6steen »

It's a fantastic folder. To me there's no reason to consider similar models like the Delica or Dragonfly.
Matt

C07 Police 4 | FRN K390
C41 Native 5 | Never Summer/NFFF
C94 UK Penknife | BD1N

timlara

Post by timlara »

For my carry needs as a desk-diving office dweller / "indoor enthusiast", the 110V UKPK is the best knife Spyderco currently makes.

It is super lightweight and slim in pocket, has the best clip, has a great steel, fits my grip perfectly, is thin enough to be a great slicer, and looks and feels great as well, imo. I have found that I really have no need for a lock with the combination of the "firm enough" spring and added safety of the finger choil. I never feel like I'm going to accidentally cut myself like I do with a Leatherman, SAK, or other traditional slipjoint type of knife. (I personally don't ever use a knife for anything hard use enough to need a lock, even though Spyderco makes some of the best locking mechanisms available.)

Everybody's needs are different and there are tons of choices available to cover those needs, but I honestly could be happy with the UKPK as my only knife I think. Definitely my best purchase of 2017. Highly recommended!

p.s. -- All that said, I would not be sad to see a sprint in LC200N just so I could add "never have to worry about corrosion" to the list of perks. ;)
Tim
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I bought a S110V UKPK a few months ago, and it is excellent! Everyone should sample one of these slipjoints at some time, they punch way above their weight.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

It's a great little knife ... aftermarket CF scales just take it to a completely different level!

ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Wow! Nice!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

PSquared wrote:It's a great little knife ... aftermarket CF scales just take it to a completely different level!

Very cool and interesting carbon fibre. Never seen that before.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

PSquared wrote:It's a great little knife ... aftermarket CF scales just take it to a completely different level!

Where from?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

UKPK in S110V is on my list.
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

Liquid Cobra wrote: Where from?
Cuscardi made them for me. Luke is a great guy to work with.
Hofonsmash

Post by Hofonsmash »

PSquared wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote: Where from?
Cuscardi made them for me. Luke is a great guy to work with.
Do they use English via email? What type of carbon is that? Forged?
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

Hofonsmash wrote: Do they use English via email? What type of carbon is that? Forged?
Luke’s English is perfect, correspondence is clear.

I asked for marbled or shred carbon fiber and that’s what I got .... not sure what the actual name is. I like it!
Donut

Post by Donut »

PSquared wrote:
Hofonsmash wrote: Do they use English via email? What type of carbon is that? Forged?

I asked for marbled or shred carbon fiber and that’s what I got .... not sure what the actual name is. I like it!
It looks a lot like my shred "heat".
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
griff443

Post by griff443 »

That's really nice. Out of curiosity, what does the spine look like? I see that from the factory they are joined with FRN at the bottom of the handle.
Scoop-o-chips

Post by Scoop-o-chips »

Nate wrote:Agreed, suh-weeet!

I love the purple, did you dye it yourself or is it a sprint i'm unaware of? I'd love to make one of my own
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Scoop-o-chips wrote:
Nate wrote:Agreed, suh-weeet!

I love the purple, did you dye it yourself or is it a sprint i'm unaware of? I'd love to make one of my own
Looks like the burgundy UKPK with a blade swap.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Nate

Post by Nate »

Scoop-o-chips wrote: I love the purple, did you dye it yourself or is it a sprint i'm unaware of? I'd love to make one of my own
LC is correct. In the pic above those are burgundy/maroon scales from an older UKPK, with the blade and updated spring from the new black ffg model. Here is a pic with all of the old scale colors and the current black model pre-swap:

After the swap, all the others were gradually gifted away. Only the dark blue s110v and the maroon bd1 one that I "made" are left.
:spyder:
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

griff443 wrote:
That's really nice. Out of curiosity, what does the spine look like? I see that from the factory they are joined with FRN at the bottom of the handle.
The back is open from where the spring is fixed (middle bolt) to the tail. Cuscadi provide a fairly large diameter G10 standoff that fits over the stock bolt at the back as a spacer - it's a bit wierd but it works. A photo doesn't really show what's going on.
Hofonsmash

Post by Hofonsmash »

PSquared wrote:

Thanks for the info! I reached out to Luke and have a set of custom UKPK scales on order. I wanted to try denim micarta with their groove pattern for extra grip. It’s gonna take about 3-4 week but will certainly post when I receive it!
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Did anyone measure it behind the edge ? It apears to be thicker than my K390 Urban behind the edge.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red